Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:00:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  rio 5 did you expect more
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rio 5 did you expect more  (Read 22746 times)
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 09:46:34 AM »

I think severe technical problems limited the show. ?When the lights went out between songs, on the new feed, one can hear stage crew speaking to each other, and they sound like they are in crisis mode. ?There were a few times, it seems they were trying to replace various parts out on stage (pick-ups, microphones, wiring), in between songs. ?It seems everyone at the show enjoyed it, and could hear all three guitar parts. ?I think, for us to enjoy it at home, Mike, we would have had to have had at least two guitar feeds. ?We only had one, and at times had no mic (or low mic mix), no guitar, and only a synth, drum, and bass in the mix. ?

All in all, though, let's get ready for Rock Am Ring--that will be broadcast online, correct? ? Or is there another broadcast prior to this?

i hope that one will be better sound quality, and that they stream the new songs too.

it wont... it will be the same setlist.. and they wont let you hear anything "new"... lol even tho its not realy new... blues is 5 years "new" now...
Origen
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 09:46:55 AM »

I didn't expect anymore from Axl/The band cos they did great. But I was expected alot more (even any) gems in the setlist.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 09:48:03 AM »

i expected a whole lotta more..

1)new songs

2)release date for CD

3)Rants

4)Rants

5)new songs

all that? Wink

me too.... even if they played an older song from afd/lies/or uyi i would have been happy to see a new show.. not the same i saw in 01 RIR..
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 09:51:05 AM »

You guy's know there is a fixed stream of the show out there--link below?  Guitars still drop out, and what not!  I think the first three songs, KOHD, Forus/Finck guitar solo, Nitghtrain and Patience are highlights!  Major sound problems, on other songs (not GNR's fault, the mix).

http://music.aol.com/network_live/concert_videos/guns_n_roses/ondemand

Origen
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 09:51:59 AM »

1)new songs

2)release date for CD

3)Rants

4)Rants

5)new songs

all that? Wink

Axl took the piss out of people who want rants before November Rain. Why do you want to see him rant for, yeah he did in his 20s but he's a 44 year old man now, just enjoy the music.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 09:53:23 AM »

I expected a better broadcast from AOL  Undecided

The band was great though.  Axl was in top form.  An excellent show.  Sure theres songs I woulda liked to have seen played, but all n all its great to have GNR back out there kicking ass.  peace
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 09:53:44 AM »

Man when will you guys EVER learn.
never ill follow every show hoping for something new

Well you are 30 and a wrestling fan so what can i say. ?hihi

This tour is not to promote CD it's to reaquaint this new version of the band with the fans by sucking them in with classic material.
i heard that in 2001 and 2002... im well aquanted with the new version of the band... as are most people on the board... enough of the same shit.... its boring..
LMAO - how many of the fan base do you think this message board represents? Give your head a shake! ?rofl
(Here's a clue - AFD has sold 18 MILLION copies)

The CD tour later in the year will be used to play new stuff.
how do you know this? your assuming?? your assuming that the album will be out.. your assuming you know the setlists, your assuming that they will tour later this year.... stop assuming..
The band is touring - CD is on the record company release scedule - a US tour has been announced for fall, locations and dates pending - Axl has stated the disc will be out this year - all that's missing are the actual dates. Yeah i know you've been let down before but i guarantee you that it's going to happen by fall/autumn. Without doubt. No assumption needed.

A miniscule amount of Guns fans even know the leaked Chinese Democracy songs as it is.
yeah ok... what ever... dumb shit

Watch your mouth punk. These are ILLEGAL unfinished demos. Only nerds like you are interested in these. The rest of us will wait for the finished product. Do i buy a car without an engine? No - i don't! "dumb shit"

If you want new songs in Europe then wait until the full tour kicks in... ?ok

ok when is the full tour kick in? i thought it started already......

This isn't a full tour. It's a few large festivals and some dates in scandinavia. UK dates have been released. More will come when the NEW PRODUCT is released after the fall US tour. That's how it works. Now back to your WWE re-runs!! ?ok
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 09:55:57 AM »

Man when will you guys EVER learn.
never ill follow every show hoping for something new

Well you are 30 and a wrestling fan so what can i say. ?:hihi:

This tour is not to promote CD it's to reaquaint this new version of the band with the fans by sucking them in with classic material.
i heard that in 2001 and 2002... im well aquanted with the new version of the band... as are most people on the board... enough of the same shit.... its boring..
LMAO - how many of the fan base do you think this message board represents? Give your head a shake! ?:rofl:
(Here's a clue - AFD has sold 18 MILLION copies)

The CD tour later in the year will be used to play new stuff.
how do you know this? your assuming?? your assuming that the album will be out.. your assuming you know the setlists, your assuming that they will tour later this year.... stop assuming..
The band is touring - CD is on the record company release scedule - a US tour has been announced for fall, locations and dates pending - Axl has stated the disc will be out this year - all that's missing are the actual dates. Yeah i know you've been let down before but i guarantee you that it's going to happen by fall/autumn. Without doubt. No assumption needed.

A miniscule amount of Guns fans even know the leaked Chinese Democracy songs as it is.
yeah ok... what ever... dumb shit

Watch your mouth punk. These are ILLEGAL unfinished demos. Only nerds like you are interested in these. The rest of us will wait for the finished product. Do i buy a car without an engine? No - i don't! "dumb shit"

If you want new songs in Europe then wait until the full tour kicks in... ?: ok:

ok when is the full tour kick in? i thought it started already......

This isn't a full tour. It's a few large festivals and some dates in scandinavia. UK dates have been released. More will come when the NEW PRODUCT is released after the fall US tour. That's how it works. Now back to your WWE re-runs!! ?: ok:

oh realy? what is the release date for the NEW PRODUCT??? what are the dates for the fall US tour???  is that how it works???
damn! thanks for clearing it up! 
Steel_Angel
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 10:01:43 AM »

1)new songs

2)release date for CD

3)Rants

4)Rants

5)new songs

all that? Wink

Axl took the piss out of people who want rants before November Rain. Why do you want to see him rant for, yeah he did in his 20s but he's a 44 year old man now, just enjoy the music.
yea, i was joking  confused
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 10:03:05 AM »

1)new songs

2)release date for CD

3)Rants

4)Rants

5)new songs

all that? Wink

that's all I wanted, special day, special treat, suprises etc..
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 10:04:20 AM »

I didn't see the whole show but from the vids I saw I thought the band was great and Axl was great too. ? ?I am one to believe that the setlist will not change until CD comes out. ? I believe that he started his tour early to gear up for the CD tour and that if you saw GNR before the album is released you will certainly go back a second time to see the full blown Chinese Demo tour..with new songs. ? ?Hell who are we kidding we would go back regardless if he played again in our areas ok

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 10:06:11 AM »

I was kinda hoping (but not expecting) a release date.

Here today...ready to rock
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 10:08:32 AM »

why isn't he like telling us a bunch of stuff?  why isn't he like ranting?  why isn't he like ranting about a bunch of shit. smoking
anythinggoes
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 10:09:14 AM »

i wanted more but i didnt expect more i was happy with what we got but would of been happier with more the main thing for me is GNR are back and i really think it is for good this time Axl seems happy the band seems relaxed and things are moving along at a good pace now roll on the 7th
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 10:09:24 AM »

I don't know why you people expected more. Rock In Rio is only so important because we make it out to be. To the band, it was just another stop on the tour. Why would they make an album announcement live at a concert? Has any band ever done that before?

Plus, aside from the few hundred people who frequent the message boards, and spend their day thinking about everything Axl has ever done, no one has heard the new songs. To them, The Blues and Chinese Democracy are new. The band didn't choose for those 3 newest songs to leak. Here people are complaining "We already heard these songs." Be thankful you did. You want them to play the entire Chinese Democracy CD in its entirety? There's already 6 songs being played in the setlist from time to time, plus the 3 older songs we've heard in the past.

Makes me wish I never had anything to do with these message boards. You people need to live in the real world
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 10:10:53 AM »

I don't know why you people expected more. Rock In Rio is only so important because we make it out to be. To the band, it was just another stop on the tour. Why would they make an album announcement live at a concert? Has any band ever done that before?

Plus, aside from the few hundred people who frequent the message boards, and spend their day thinking about everything Axl has ever done, no one has heard the new songs. To them, The Blues and Chinese Democracy are new. The band didn't choose for those 3 newest songs to leak. Here people are complaining "We already heard these songs." Be thankful you did. You want them to play the entire Chinese Democracy CD in its entirety? There's already 6 songs being played in the setlist from time to time, plus the 3 older songs we've heard in the past.

Makes me wish I never had anything to do with these message boards. You people need to live in the real world
Exactly RIR is a big music festival but well it's just another show for the band..

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 10:12:29 AM »

why isn't he like telling us a bunch of stuff?? why isn't he like ranting?? why isn't he like ranting about a bunch of shit. smoking

Cuz he isn't angry on this tour...he is happy Grin

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
anythinggoes
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 10:12:42 AM »

we do live in the real world just because we are obsessive fans of GNR doesnt mean we dont live in the real world.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 10:13:58 AM »

why isn't he like telling us a bunch of stuff?? why isn't he like ranting?? why isn't he like ranting about a bunch of shit. smoking

lmao, that was great rofl

you people need to realize that this is all part of axl's masterplan and that we will have both announcements about CD and more new songs in due course, just be patient and give it time, axl even thanked us for our patience! beer for now, be happy that he's touring drool
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 10:25:54 AM »

I don't know why you people expected more.
coz i have seen it all before at the last RIR.. and knowing the history of Axl i wanted something new... not the same shit from RIR3

Rock In Rio is only so important because we make it out to be.
uuum no.. its important coz the entire world is watching it.. online, direct tv, blogs, chat, dvds.... its an important gig...

To the band, it was just another stop on the tour.
oh yeah just another stop... there are sooo many more chances to play RIR again this year.. and they have already played it before, just another stop... ho hum.. no big deal we are just playing for 300,000 people... no biggie

Why would they make an album announcement live at a concert?
just even mentioning its status or whats up with it would have been cool.. we dont need a release date but just an update would be nice.

Has any band ever done that before?

"See you all next year back here with a bunch of new songs"!!! ?- axl in RIR3 2001
"See you all next summer"!!! - Axl MSG 2002

Plus, aside from the few hundred people who frequent the message boards, and spend their day thinking about everything Axl has ever done, no one has heard the new songs.
you dont get out much from the msg boards do you??? alot of ppl know the new songs... hell they even played one on the VMA's in 2002....

To them, The Blues and Chinese Democracy are new.
yeah nobody heard them on the 2002 tour... they played to empty arenas didnt they dude?

The band didn't choose for those 3 newest songs to leak.
glad for that or we would never hear them...

Here people are complaining "We already heard these songs." Be thankful you did.
Thankfull for hearing the same songs this year that i did in 2001? no im not thankfull.. im pissed off and it sucks....

You want them to play the entire Chinese Democracy CD in its entirety?
no i dont... i just want something new... songs from Lies, UYI, or Spaggeti would be nice...

There's already 6 songs being played in the setlist from time to time, plus the 3 older songs we've heard in the past.

"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again"

So what.. were not being done any favors by hearing the blues again...

Makes me wish I never had anything to do with these message boards.
me too.. your stupid

You people need to live in the real world

you need to read more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: