Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  MY PROBLEM WITH US TOUR DATES SO FAR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY PROBLEM WITH US TOUR DATES SO FAR  (Read 19796 times)
Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: September 13, 2006, 01:49:33 PM »

It seems to me that Axl and the boys are playing too many dates.

I don't see how they are going to come close to selling out these dates in Tampa, Jacksonville, Nashville and small cities such as this....I have NEVER HEARD OF ESTERO FL!!!!!

they should do 2 dates in FLorida... MAX...

Theya re going to end up not selling out thesse venues and then the press is going to turn on them and say look they cant sell out gigs... i think it will turn into bad press...

I think they should have stuck to major cities in the U.S.   until the album is out and hopefully doing well.

DOes anybodyelse agree?
Dalshime
Opening Act

Is she really going out with him?

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 01:53:11 PM »

Yup. And if this is to warm up for the album being released and another tour, I would have kept it smaller venues like they did in NY last May.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:54:15 PM »

It seems to me that Axl and the boys are playing too many dates.

I don't see how they are going to come close to selling out these dates in Tampa, Jacksonville, Nashville and small cities such as this....I have NEVER HEARD OF ESTERO FL!!!!!

they should do 2 dates in FLorida... MAX...

Theya re going to end up not selling out thesse venues and then the press is going to turn on them and say look they cant sell out gigs... i think it will turn into bad press...

I think they should have stuck to major cities in the U.S.? ?until the album is out and hopefully doing well.

DOes anybodyelse agree?

In a word,, no. I seriously doubt that GNR management knows less about this than you do.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »

No, I disagree. ?GNR needs to reach out to as many people as they can right now. ?It's a new band and everybody needs to know that! ?There starting from scratch really, kinda like they did in the 80's. ?Start small, play a lot, and then move onto bigger things. ? beer

As many people as possible need to hear this new band. ?They are doing the right thing. ?This is the best way to eventually sell out big arena's on there next US tour. ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »

i agree with you. ?they should do this tour in 2 waves. ?one tour with all the big cities in n.a. and once the album is out and doing well, take on the smaller cities. ?they should try and make this tour something special and grand to attend. ?just my thoughts ?peace
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 01:55:58 PM »

We'll have to wait and see.
benchiefjr
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 01:56:28 PM »

well, if they're going to small cities in FL...they should come to Iowa then  peace  Grin
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 01:57:30 PM »

Well, BOO-HOO Guns N' Roses is touring and they're playing lots of shows! This is so bad. Cry

I can't believe some people actually whine about this stuff, it's hard to believe you're fans.
Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 01:58:37 PM »

im not claiming to know more than management.... but im just going on what i see... the US is not as accepting as this abnd as Europe is and the last US tour wasnt exactly a success.........
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 01:59:15 PM »

yeah is incredible!
they are playing a lot and is bad...

im sure they are not stupid.. if they are playing all those places.. there is a reason.. they have their numbers

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 02:01:32 PM »

Bitch bitch bitch.

For chrissake!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 02:02:25 PM »

GN'R only play a few shows in USA -> "Why aren't they playing closer to me? ?crying "

GN'R play more shows in certain states -> "Why are they playing so many shows? They won't sell out! ?crying "

People who go to these shows will have a great time. It doesn't matter if it's sold out or not.

The people who stay at home and watch Youtube clips will miss out. Their fucking loss.

Remember that next time GN'R is touring and they only play one show per state in USA. ?Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »

Well, BOO-HOO Guns N' Roses is touring and they're playing lots of shows! This is so bad. Cry

I can't believe some people actually whine about this stuff, it's hard to believe you're fans.

its a fucking observation and a VALID one. ?Its hard to believe you don't understand that. ?Basic economic principles tell you that the more you saturate a market with supply the DEMAND WILL DECREASE. ?It amazes me how many of you think with your hearts and not your heads. ?Jesus christ....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 02:05:25 PM »

its a fucking observation and a VALID one. ?Its hard to believe you don't understand that. ?Basic economic principles tell you that the more you saturate a market with supply the DEMAND WILL DECREASE. ?It amazes me how many of you think with your hearts and not your heads. ?Jesus christ....

Stop worrying about ticket sales.

Why do I often feel like this board is full of record company executives and not fans?

"They should do this and they should do that".

Enjoy the fact that we have shows. Enjoy the fact that many people who can't afford to travel has the chance to see GN'R in their home town!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 02:07:54 PM »

Why do I often feel like this board is full of record company executives and not fans?

Enjoy the fact that we have shows. Enjoy the fact that many people who can't afford to travel has the chance to see GN'R in their home town!

/jarmo

Jarmo to be honest I am not worried about ticket sales.  I really don't care in fact.  It just amazes me that people will shoot down a valid point without even giving it a thought.  That is what bothers me. 
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 02:08:44 PM »

/jarmo

What he said........ yes

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 02:11:36 PM »

Jarmo to be honest I am not worried about ticket sales.? I really don't care in fact.? It just amazes me that people will shoot down a valid point without even giving it a thought.? That is what bothers me.?

Don't you think he'd complain if they played only one or two shows in Florida as well?

Imagine if all of these shows sold out in five minutes. It would be "they should add more shows in Florida" then.

/jarmo

Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 02:13:59 PM »

This is fucking retarded. Announce all the tour dates and the album at once, like every other band. This tour is going to be a major fuck up if they start putting these tickets on sale without an announcement of the whole tour and the album. This is some slick marketing!!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »

And it amazes me how you don't think that all the business people involved with the planning of a tour like this haven't thought this through already - and so it's something we don't need to think about because we don't have the figures/business knowledge......

@#$%Funker
madagas
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »

Ticket sales are important. If they are not good, the promoter will cancel the shows. Ticket sales do matter. I believe this was part of the problem with the 02 tour cancellation. I guarantee you the band cares about ticket sales. You can't see a show if it is cancelled. Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: