Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:39:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chance of Sell outs?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chance of Sell outs?  (Read 21939 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »

Either that or everyone's doing pretty badly in the US at the moment.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2006, 04:56:51 PM »

This is getting odd.

Shocked

If G N' R do not announce Chinese Democracy and release a single by Tuesday or Wednesday, I believe their first 4 or 5 performances will be in front of empty arenas, which is not good for positive publicity.

Undecided

This could be the greatest comeback in rock history if the band's  management play smart. The current G N' R lineup is an excellent band and the music (so far) is top notch. I just hope they do not blow their comeback. With that said, I have positive feelings for next week.

yes

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 05:01:08 PM by TVC15 » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2006, 04:59:25 PM »

Remember, there's supposed to be a press statement regarding something sometime today.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »

Remember, there's supposed to be a press statement regarding something sometime today.

Really? According to who?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2006, 05:01:41 PM »

What, a Jacksonville change. Whoopie.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2006, 05:01:56 PM »

i really doubt this press release is coming today, since it's after 5pm on the east coast

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2006, 05:03:29 PM »

They said there'd be a press release.  No one said exactly what it would contain.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2006, 06:01:05 PM »

... Roll Eyes..Look..Axl is an old toad in this siuations...He and the band knows what to do..They won?t go out on another tour with absolutlie NO info about the new album. ....He was in the dark for about 4 years..then finally he steps out in the sun again..He doesn?t do that just for fun..When AXL shows up at parties, biting security guards, play live..He does it for a reason....10 years of waiting is enough..something WILL happend..The tour will go as smooth as a carrot in a blender  ok

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »

They said there'd be a press release.  No one said exactly what it would contain.

Have we even gotten a press release today?  Huh
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »

Thank You!
Guns N' Roses fans are back
GNR fans never left, so what did they go back to? The fans didnt abandon GNR. GNR abandoned its fanbase.

It should say "GNR are back", not "GNR fans are back".

Nope. Firstly it's just a way of expressing their gratitude to the fans, old or new, nicely.

Secondly, maybe you diehards have never left but for the majority of the kids at GNR concerts in the last century GNR has been a happy good old memory. That doesn't mean they abandoned the band. They just don't follow the band about. The greater part of them are for the music and the performance and there was nothing to follow.
they keep silent till the band breaks the silence.

Well maybe they should have said "the most *dangerous* fans in the world are back!!!".

Apparently you were born in 1992.

You talk like GNR coming back is like the fuckin Yardbirds touring or something. Like it was 400 years ago they did what they did.

Nirvana is still modern, and yet the last time they put out new music was the last time GNR did.

Sorry but I don't see your point. I understand that you are in jealousy of youth. Or if it's that you're proud of being old, more power to you. I was utterly ignorant that yard birds toured 400 yrs ago.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

Thank You!
GNR fans never left, so what did they go back to? The fans didnt abandon GNR. GNR abandoned its fanbase.

Nope. Firstly it's just a way of expressing their gratitude to the fans, old or new, nicely.

Secondly, maybe you diehards have never left but for the majority of the kids at GNR concerts in the last century GNR has been a happy good old memory. That doesn't mean they abandoned the band. They just don't follow the band about. The greater part of them are for the music and the performance and there was nothing to follow.

Well maybe they should have said "the most *dangerous* fans in the world are back!!!".

You talk like GNR coming back is like the fuckin Yardbirds touring or something. Like it was 400 years ago they did what they did.

Nirvana is still modern, and yet the last time they put out new music was the last time GNR did.

Sorry but I don't see your point. I understand that you are in jealousy of youth. Or if it's that you're proud of being old, more power to you. I was utterly ignorant that yard birds toured 400 yrs ago.

Smartass, eh?

You do realize you're going to see a 44 year old frontman right?

Score It! From the 3-point line at the buzzer!

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2006, 11:39:44 PM »

Thank You!

Smartass, eh?

As Frozen Inferno might say: "Pizzown3d!"
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2006, 07:22:08 AM »

They said there'd be a press release.? No one said exactly what it would contain.

Have we even gotten a press release today?? Huh

Nope. Sad
axlslasher
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2006, 02:01:18 PM »

I'm going to the show in Greensboro NC. It hasn't sold out yet.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2006, 02:50:07 PM »

Thank You!

Smartass, eh?

As Frozen Inferno might say: "Pizzown3d!"

jolly people.
The Legend, read the quotes again.  I even said more power to you.
It's you who makes a big thing of age and not me.

Apparently Axl either.

Rose: No, not a lot, no. Basically, [I'm] listening to everything that's out there as far as music goes. That was a big difference between myself and Slash and Duff, is that I didn't hate everything new that came out. I really liked the Seattle movement. I like White Zombie. I like Nine Inch Nails, and I like hip-hop. I don't hate everything. I don't think everybody should be worshiping me 'cause I was around before them.

Axl Rose - A conversation with Kurt Loder
MTV US November 8th 1999

I don't give a fuck about trivial matters like your age, social status, or nationality, race etc.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2006, 10:05:57 PM »

What does any of that have to do with what we were talking about above?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2006, 09:35:24 AM »

It is tough for GNR to sell out huge arenas because AFD is still the main album in their setlist.  On the other hand, no other band can expect to have major success in the US by just playing 20 year songs and no new material out.  It's actually amazing that GNR can do this, it shows the staying power of their songs, but if they want to be really successful obviously CD and more new material needs to be released.

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2006, 10:16:26 AM »

Motley crue had a similar successful tour.
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2006, 10:58:41 AM »

Do you think they are pushing some cities back because they are not selling enough?  It seems kind of weird.  I bought a floor ticket in Chicago on ticketmaster 3 days after they went on sale.  I figured they would have sold out by now.  They need to announce a release date or its going to be 2002 all over with arenas only be half full.
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2006, 11:02:13 AM »

Floor seats are still available in WORC

Wake up. . . .time to die
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: