Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:04:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Bas takes a shot at Slash, Duff, and Weiland and defends the new lineup...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bas takes a shot at Slash, Duff, and Weiland and defends the new lineup...  (Read 21942 times)
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2006, 09:30:28 PM »

Regardless if Scott can sing WTTJ or not, its not cool for BAZ to be knocking Slash and Duff in any way.  Duff let Baz sing on his first solo album.  Listen to track 11 on "Believe in Me".  The song is called "Trouble".  It just sounds like any run of the mill big hair metal song.  Does anyone really think that this would have been a better sound for VR?  NOT.

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2006, 09:38:15 PM »

People for some reason think Bach is an amazing singer just cause he can scream... High octave range does not equal a greater singer.

If you think Baz is not an amazing singer then you need you're hearing checked. He don't just scream, listen to him sing "I remember you" now and you wll know the man CAN sing his ass off.
darkmonth
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2006, 09:46:30 PM »

People for some reason think Bach is an amazing singer just cause he can scream... High octave range does not equal a greater singer.

If you think Baz is not an amazing singer then you need you're hearing checked. He don't just scream, listen to him sing "I remember you" now and you wll know the man CAN sing his ass off.

hey man, I don't think he was saying Baz can't sing ... he was saying Scott's a better vocalist....

Baz can sing.  But so can Scott. 

But we're all forgetting one thing ... 80% of Axl's live singing career has been pretty fucking bad... during the Illusions tour his vocal was horriffic in some places... a prime example is while they were on tour they did the Freddy Mercury tribute ... Axl sang We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody really badly ... and then during the 2001/2002 tour he was fucking awful.

BUT, people still seem to think it's cool to slag Scott and praise Axl.

Everyone has problems singing live sometimes.... but all three men, the subject of the argument (they've all been dragged in), are GREAT vocalists ...

Why argue over that?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2006, 10:43:51 PM »

This thread is getting dangerously close to DEAD HORSE/BAD OBSESSION territory.

Back on topic kids.

Thanks

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2006, 10:54:42 PM »

American rock fans don't seem to realize that STP never was that huge in Europe. They had a few hits during the Core era, as far as I remember, but after that it was kinda silent.
Apparently the Deleo bros hated touring Europe for some reason.

Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2006, 11:12:53 PM »

Yes, or better yet, listen to him sing "Wasted Time".  I'd like to hear Weiland try to sing anywhere near as well as Bach.   hihi

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2006, 11:52:54 PM »

something is being lost in translation here.

In music their are different vocal ranges.

The fact Bach can sing higher than Scott does not mean he can sing better.

Its not who is the highest singer wins contest, its who is the best singer.

Weiland's vocals in my opinion have more emotion and are better.

I can listen to Scott sing all day long, Bach gets on my n erves after about 5 songs.

Neither however are great live singers but not very many are great live singers.

Anyone ever heard Paul Stanley sing live?

This guy is more amazing live vocally than he is on CD.

U cant say that for many.

Bach on the live songs I have heard sounds decent on the Skid Row hits, the other songs...... blah, Scott also isnt the best live singer either but Scott is a much better entertainer as his moves make u feel it.

Scott has stage moves that rival Axl's and thats no bullshit.

Axl and Baz 07, u think anyone is gonna believe your opinion is unbiased? Check out your username hihi

If Bach was the singer of VR they would've been a joke. I dont see how that can be argued.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:58:02 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2006, 12:24:56 AM »

something is being lost in translation here.

In music their are different vocal ranges.

The fact Bach can sing higher than Scott does not mean he can sing better.

Its not who is the highest singer wins contest, its who is the best singer.

Weiland's vocals in my opinion have more emotion and are better.

I can listen to Scott sing all day long, Bach gets on my n erves after about 5 songs.

Well, well...A D post I agree with 100%.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2006, 03:20:42 AM »

^

maybe CD will come out this year.

If Booker agrees with me........ Anything after that becomes possible. hihi

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2006, 05:37:14 AM »

Scott has stage moves that rival Axl's and thats no bullshit.

Please ...

a prime example is while they were on tour they did the Freddy Mercury tribute ... Axl sang We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody really badly ...

I thought he was amazing that night. Great great vocals.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2006, 08:25:48 AM »

Jarmo is the biggest Axl supporter I know but I think he would have to admit that Scott has the X Factor. Scott isnt nowhere as good as Axl but he is a damn good frontman.

HOWEVER:

Sebastian Bach is no where near SCott Weiland.

Axl is up there with the all time greatest frontmen.

Scott and Sebastian aren't.

Both are great at what they do. In different ways.

I think Scott is more from the Jagger/Bowie school and Sebastian seems to be more from the heavy metal/hard rock school....

When Scott is strutting around the stage to get attention from the crowd, Sebastian tells them to fucking look at him!  hihi

Yes Booker, STP were a #1 band in America.

GN'R, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Metallica etc are/were American bands popular all over the globe.

I don't know what you were trying to prove with your list of #1 songs on the US charts. You need to realize many posters here aren't from America and they can't relate to you guys raving about the greatness of STP and their multiple #1 hits.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*ReON!*
Opening Act

History from a Future Age r0x.

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2006, 08:28:38 AM »

What Bach said is just like saying that water's wet...
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2006, 01:43:28 PM »

What Bach said is just like saying that water's wet...

And then he took a splash at Slash. hihi

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2006, 02:34:49 PM »

I don't know what you were trying to prove with your list of #1 songs on the US charts. You need to realize many posters here aren't from America and they can't relate to you guys raving about the greatness of STP and their multiple #1 hits.

Then perhaps you should look at the post again.  The poster I quoted asked (at least I interpreted it as a question) about STP having #1 songs.  I listed what songs those were.  I dont know what the confusion is. 

If were talking about an American band, I think its to be assumed that any #1s being discussed are in the United States.  I think non-Americans understand that, so again, I dont see what the confusion is. 

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2006, 08:22:32 PM »

I dont think Baz was knocking Slash or Duff at all.   

All he really said was that, he rather see Gun n Roses than Velvet Revolver.

He also pretty much said that Axl has much more range than Scott.   Which is true.

Baz is a great front man...

So what ever..    This new GNR line up is so much better than Velvet Revolver.    It sounds like GNR.   Does Revolver sound anything like GNR.   No.

I watched Axl play here in Edmonton.   The cost of the show was 90 bucks.   Started at 8pm ended at 230am.    Now that is some bang for your buck.

I saw Velvet Revolver here last year.   Cost was 75 bucks.   Show was like 90 mins long..   A fucking joke.   

If you dont like me, blow me!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2006, 03:18:54 AM »

Cover bands sound more like the band itself than other bands do. VR don't wanna sound like GN'R and as you can see they play most of their own songs.  yes

I'm glad that GN'R played 6 and a half hours in Edmonton. I'm sure you didn't add the time the opening bands played and the hours of waiting for Axl. Cool you enjoyed the show!  beer

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2006, 03:21:36 AM »

I dont think Baz was knocking Slash or Duff at all.? ?

All he really said was that, he rather see Gun n Roses than Velvet Revolver.

He also pretty much said that Axl has much more range than Scott.? ?Which is true.

Baz is a great front man...

So what ever..? ? This new GNR line up is so much better than Velvet Revolver.? ? It sounds like GNR.? ?Does Revolver sound anything like GNR.? ?No.

I watched Axl play here in Edmonton.? ?The cost of the show was 90 bucks.? ?Started at 8pm ended at 230am.? ? Now that is some bang for your buck.

I saw Velvet Revolver here last year.? ?Cost was 75 bucks.? ?Show was like 90 mins long..? ?A fucking joke.? ?

Thats a great compliment saying VR dont sound like GNR

THEY ARENT SUPPOSE TO! Wink

SADIS
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2006, 04:53:02 AM »

So what ever..? ? This new GNR line up is so much better than Velvet Revolver.? ? It sounds like GNR.? ?Does Revolver sound anything like GNR.? ?No.

Man, are you stupid or what? That's why Guns N Roses is called Guns N Roses and Velvet Revolver is called Velvet Revolver. In your world 1 + 1 = 3 right?

I watched Axl play here in Edmonton.? ?The cost of the show was 90 bucks.? ?Started at 8pm ended at 230am.? ? Now that is some bang for your buck.

I saw Velvet Revolver here last year.? ?Cost was 75 bucks.? ?Show was like 90 mins long..? ?A fucking joke.? ?

Guns played a show of 6,5 hours? Again, WTF?

I saw Guns N Roses play and afterwards it felt like I just'd seen a good cover band who does not play the solo's as they were written. How long were GUns' shows when they just released AFD? You rarguments are plain stupid probably just as you are.....so just leave the VR section of you don't like them.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2006, 07:27:20 AM »

Both Guns n Roses and VR in the past few years have gotten mostly positive reviews for their shows, from fans and critics alike-both have their past brought up all the time-if Baz was in VR would he have refused to sing any GNR songs? I find that hard to believe-if VR didn't do any Guns songs, we would be hearing complaints about that-Baz was a little out of line in criticizing it-Scott's remarks are one thing, but he should leave Slash and Duff out of it-Slash has gone out of his way to say he hears Chinese Democracy is brilliant, Axl is brilliant-that's pretty stand up on his part-Velvet Revolver has a multi-platnium album and sucessful tour, something Baz could not do on his own-I like Baz, not a big fan of his music, but I love his enthusiasm, but lay off the cheap shots Baz-there were even rumors he had wanted to try out for Van Halen years ago-he would have sang all covers on that tour. GNR and Velvet Revolver forever-we have a great situation with both bands these days-why argue about it?

libertad
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2006, 07:43:02 AM »

Hence the name Velvet revolver

Now, I'm sure you've got a brain somewhere why don't you try and use it the next time you respond to something? Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: