Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Locomotive--most underrated song?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Locomotive--most underrated song?  (Read 19912 times)
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2006, 10:02:21 AM »

I love the intro, outro and the triple layered vocals using Axl's three different voices is a cool twist. I just think the middle of the song goes on too long and could be a bit shorter, combining all the solos into one better one of the same length to give it a bit more punch.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2006, 05:23:31 PM »

my fav gnr song! i wish we had a good live version though..  peace

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2006, 05:25:10 PM »

my fav gnr song! i wish we had a good live version though..? peace

haven't you heard a live version or the one(s) you heard you didn't like?
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2006, 08:12:22 PM »

yeah i heard the 89 demo and the 91 inglewood.. the inglewood version is amazing but sound quality can be better

plus.. i do not think loco is underrated at all.. i think it is underrated by the band and they should have played it more live
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:48:52 PM by JohnMorrison73 » Logged

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2006, 10:56:39 PM »

yeah i heard the 89 demo and the 91 inglewood.. the inglewood version is amazing but sound quality can be better

plus.. i do not think loco is underrated at all.. i think it is underrated by the band and they should have played it more live

It's strange that what fans consider some of their best songs seemed to be underrated by the band. At least they didn't play them much. Coma, Locomotive, Breakdown, Don't Damn Me (never played? Tongue), Rocket Queen (after Izzy bailed) to name the obvious ones.

And now, seemingly, There Was A Time. What is up with that? Most bands would have killed to have such songs on the setlist.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2006, 12:01:33 AM »

I think they should make a GH's II & release Locomotive as a single for it. Locomotive never got its' due.? peace

eh, i dont think it would do very well as a single,not that its bad. its fucking awesome but the mainstream audience would be too dense/stupid to comprehend its brilliance.

i love the song, easily one of my favorites. this song really sents Guns N' Roses apart from all those hair/pop metal bands they were always associated with. it also showcases Axl's lyrical genius. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 12:08:25 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
T_Roxie
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2006, 02:59:12 PM »

Anyone try to play this on guitar?  It's fucking hard! (cos its so fast) Undecided
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2006, 05:01:58 PM »

I can play it... sorta. Pretty difficult at first, since it's gotta be done with the precise "rhytm" to get that riff going... Awesome song, Slash does it better than I do.  hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
darkmonth
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2006, 11:16:44 PM »

I love the intro, outro and the triple layered vocals using Axl's three different voices is a cool twist. I just think the middle of the song goes on too long and could be a bit shorter, combining all the solos into one better one of the same length to give it a bit more punch.

No.  They're all good as they are. Cheesy
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2007, 02:53:28 PM »

I think they should make a GH's II & release Locomotive as a single for it. Locomotive never got its' due.? peace

eh, i dont think it would do very well as a single,not that its bad. its fucking awesome but the mainstream audience would be too dense/stupid to comprehend its brilliance.

i love the song, easily one of my favorites. this song really sents Guns N' Roses apart from all those hair/pop metal bands they were always associated with. it also showcases Axl's lyrical genius.?

The lyrics in Locomotive were some of the most intense and honest ones he ever wrote.  Shit like this was ahead of it's time.
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2007, 07:14:02 AM »

I like this song, and it was supposed to be included on the official 2 Disc set that GNR were meant to put out. Live I think that it was overshadowed by Bad Obsession, and that this song was played in its place as it was an older track.

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2007, 12:02:07 PM »

this is a VERY underated song...but that was bound to happen...they had 30 tracks combined on those 2 albums....certain things were going to get lost....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: