Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:12:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Last bit of waiting finally over soon??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last bit of waiting finally over soon??  (Read 23282 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2007, 09:14:12 PM »

I'm a hell of an assumptionist, won't deny that. Kinda figured that was the way to go when I discovered real truths were hard to come by. Fact is we're all assuming things, difference is I don't have any problem with what people are assuming, that's part of the discussion. Instead of putting labels on people I try and counter with my own view on things.

Maybe because often the assumptions are either wrong or based on false information.. Or both?

Those assumptions...

Sometimes arrogant, yes, but if there's one thing you can say about me is I never attack anyones character (public figures excluded). I don't feel the need for that.

And why is it ok to attack somebody you don't know anything about?

Especially when the person in question is part of the reason why we're all here.

I like his music, always has, probably always will. I don't care too much about him personally though, neither do I think I should. Him being a genius does not exclude him from being human, and that includes fucking up and covering your ass. I'm not saying anyone should throw away their records, dl the album or don't go to the shows, but I do like to point out that what the man says isn't necessarily something to fly off the map for. I you want to call that attacking him I guess you're in your right to do so.

It means nothing in regards to the album, obviously.

So by comparison, when the tour ended abruptly in 2002, you wouldn't say things look better regarding the album now?

No, I would say GN'R going on yet another tour doesn't have to mean anything in regards to the album. It's just a tour, they've done it before without an album and they can do it again. Things look better now than in 2002, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that means things are looking good.

And Ron's word is hardly something you take to court. He's a diplomat, and I respect him for reaching out in the ways he can, but I won't put the responsibility for delivering CD news on him, simply because he's likely to not know the whole picture. Just like Dizzy and his 2003 comments. It doesn't mean anything cause it's never led to anything substantial.

Just asking if two different sources mean anything to you.

Obviously nothing this band says means anything to you.

Everything means something, I just don't think they mean the same as you do.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2007, 09:20:58 PM »

Pollixium:

Everything means something, I just don't think they mean the same as you do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, you just don't Think........a waste is a terrible thing to mind.....

But you obviously don't want THE truth.....you want YOUR truth........

sometimes they don't match up.....Revelation?

Way too late to stop before you make a fool out of yourself..but, I warned ya!

ohmygodihatestupidpeople
WC

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »

I'm a hell of an assumptionist, won't deny that. Kinda figured that was the way to go when I discovered real truths were hard to come by. Fact is we're all assuming things, difference is I don't have any problem with what people are assuming, that's part of the discussion. Instead of putting labels on people I try and counter with my own view on things.

Maybe because often the assumptions are either wrong or based on false information.. Or both?

Those assumptions...

Yeah, and why is it that you seem to always assume the worst?

I guess you can say you do it because of what's happened in the past, but then I show you why things are different now. Yet you keep assuming the worst time after time.

You never give the band the benefit of the doubt.

What if for once you thought "ok, so this is the first time they've said the album is 100% recorded and they've played a lot of shows, maybe it means the album is coming sooner than before"?

Instead you just stick to "it means nothing because the past has showed us that".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2007, 09:30:44 PM »

I don't think anyone knows the truth.....why we're here, to vent, to say what we want to say, and feel how we want to feel, it's what a forum's all about.  Roll Eyes
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2007, 09:44:56 PM »

Pollixim, are you a fucking masochist??? do you ENJOY having an ass made out of yourself?Huh?

You keep getting discredited,knocked down, and coming back for more...I am beginning to wonder..hmmmm Idiot or just plain cretin??

I would tell you to stop while you still have credibility left, but that has LEFT THE BUILDING........

You DON'T Know what the fuck you are babbling about.....is it verbal diahrreah time at your house??? You damn sure have a case.......

WARCHILD

Who are you to talk about? credibility Huh ?!
What you have to do whit Jarmo and Polluxm debate ?!
If you have nothing good to say,keep your mouth closed.

because Jarmo knows the truth, and polluxium is an assuming hater......now, go play, KID..I am out of your league

mmmmkay?

ITsnot your bussines and you are ?off topic.
Of course i am out of your league..

You have no credibility,you are ?fucking annoying person.. ?a joke on others GN sites.
So stop to don your alter ego and fuck with people here.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2007, 10:12:11 PM »

Yeah, and why is it that you seem to always assume the worst?

I guess you can say you do it because of what's happened in the past, but then I show you why things are different now. Yet you keep assuming the worst time after time.

You never give the band the benefit of the doubt.

What if for once you thought "ok, so this is the first time they've said the album is 100% recorded and they've played a lot of shows, maybe it means the album is coming sooner than before"?

Instead you just stick to "it means nothing because the past has showed us that".

/jarmo

It's funny how some of us suddenly turn haters. That's right, we weren't always 'haters'. In fact you saw most of us not later than last year fuzzyling anticipating Chinese Democracy. Things were good then, for a while, until all those strange events started happening. Then when Axl and Merck both respectively stated their explanation some of us saw it for what it was. You certainly don't seem to agree with that picture, but what I saw was a man seemingly not able to work unless the circumstances were absolutely right. 3 days? Now you may say Mercks word is bullshit, but his claims are not disputed by Axl, quite on the contrary when he himself admits that the main reason for non-deliverment is that he's not been able to finish it. Further backed up by what band members have said about recent recording, and Del James own statement(See, I can believe what they say). But despite these facts he still somehow suggest that Merck is the cause of all this. Put that into context with him blaming Buckethead for the 04 cancellations, the record company for 2002 and Dougie for the 2001 tour. All 3 accusants dismissed, 1 voulentarily, from service. To me that paints a picture of an insecure and dillusional man with certain ego issues. Now it's sad to view a man you admire like that, but if it is, it is.

Some of us always suspected this, and when looking back at previous events and statements you kind of have to start seeing it for what it really is. This doesn't lower my respect for the musical and live abilities but it does get me to the point where I'm tired of the game being played. Maybe we'll see the damn album soon, I'll shut it then, but I don't currently see what should be seen. It's still the same game. Disagree all you want, this is the way many have started seeing things, and it's no coincedence. Watching the biggest 'Axllite' Dave suddenly having a dramatic change of heart didn't ring a bell?

I'll believe what I believe, and I will assume what I assume until I see some hard evidence of what we've been told, over and over. I'll wait, and this here is my way of doing it.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2007, 11:45:15 PM »

It would be funny if they announced the album in asia. Ever think about that?

Exactly: "we're an American band, we come into your town, we help you party it down, we're an American band."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2007, 06:57:22 AM »

It's funny how some of us suddenly turn haters. That's right, we weren't always 'haters'. In fact you saw most of us not later than last year fuzzyling anticipating Chinese Democracy. Things were good then, for a while, until all those strange events started happening. Then when Axl and Merck both respectively stated their explanation some of us saw it for what it was. You certainly don't seem to agree with that picture, but what I saw was a man seemingly not able to work unless the circumstances were absolutely right. 3 days? Now you may say Mercks word is bullshit, but his claims are not disputed by Axl, quite on the contrary when he himself admits that the main reason for non-deliverment is that he's not been able to finish it. Further backed up by what band members have said about recent recording, and Del James own statement(See, I can believe what they say). But despite these facts he still somehow suggest that Merck is the cause of all this. Put that into context with him blaming Buckethead for the 04 cancellations, the record company for 2002 and Dougie for the 2001 tour. All 3 accusants dismissed, 1 voulentarily, from service. To me that paints a picture of an insecure and dillusional man with certain ego issues. Now it's sad to view a man you admire like that, but if it is, it is.

Some of us always suspected this, and when looking back at previous events and statements you kind of have to start seeing it for what it really is. This doesn't lower my respect for the musical and live abilities but it does get me to the point where I'm tired of the game being played. Maybe we'll see the damn album soon, I'll shut it then, but I don't currently see what should be seen. It's still the same game. Disagree all you want, this is the way many have started seeing things, and it's no coincedence. Watching the biggest 'Axllite' Dave suddenly having a dramatic change of heart didn't ring a bell?

I'll believe what I believe, and I will assume what I assume until I see some hard evidence of what we've been told, over and over. I'll wait, and this here is my way of doing it.

The only funny thing is that a lot of you are either or. You're either really supportive or you're not.

Many of you seem to take this album very personally. You get really upset when it's not out on its tentative release date.

I just have the attitude that it'll be out when it's done. In the meantime, I have other things to be excited about.

Seems like you don't.

You're also saying that since somebody said one thing, and Axl didn't, it must mean that person is right.

It doesn't always work like that....

That's why many people think what Slash says is the truth. Because he's the only one who's been speaking for years and years. So when Axl says the opposite, he gets labeled a liar and unreliable.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2007, 04:26:10 AM »

Pollixim, are you a fucking masochist??? do you ENJOY having an ass made out of yourself?Huh?

You keep getting discredited,knocked down, and coming back for more...I am beginning to wonder..hmmmm Idiot or just plain cretin??

I would tell you to stop while you still have credibility left, but that has LEFT THE BUILDING........

You DON'T Know what the fuck you are babbling about.....is it verbal diahrreah time at your house??? You damn sure have a case.......

WARCHILD

Who are you to talk about? credibility Huh ?!
What you have to do whit Jarmo and Polluxm debate ?!
If you have nothing good to say,keep your mouth closed.

because Jarmo knows the truth, and polluxium is an assuming hater......now, go play, KID..I am out of your league

mmmmkay?

ITsnot your bussines and you are ?off topic.
Of course i am out of your league..

You have no credibility,you are ?fucking annoying person.. ?a joke on others GN sites.
So stop to don your alter ego and fuck with people here.

No, I just have no patience with stupidity, and ignorance which is present in a LOT of the posts that are "claiming" to be fans.....

seems more like a lynch mob to me!  And I do have an ego....but an Alter ego??? nope, you were misinformed (act surprised!) I am sure I know where that came from..........and you do not know the half of it.......those "other" sites were still supporting Darknemus

and in league with some very unsavory, questionable, people.....you have no fkn idea!

and some OTHER GNR sites are a "Joke" to me , for very well founded reasons.....I lump them in with metal sludge and such......

complete drivel by a herd of drooling cretinoids.......

Really sick and tired of the negativity, all the assumptions,all the"predictions", and the sense of "entitlednes" that some people have

it is the embodiment of stupidity to come on a bands forum just to drag everyone down with falsities and items taken out of context.

I am content to wait until the album IS released, and until then I have a life.......music is a big part of it, don't misunderstand me

But to whine bitch moan and belittle someone's character just bacause YOU don't have what YOU want in your hot little hands AT

the time YOU want it, is not showing much character, brain capacity, and I don't respect that attitude....and won't play games....

I shoot straight from the heart, and this seems to upset "fans" such as yourself.............

I do not see someone that constantly posts negative things and slags the band OR it's members as a "fan" in any way.....

And if this wears...FIT IT !!

Damn, isn't this fun?
WC

W
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2007, 04:33:52 AM »

I do not see someone that constantly posts negative things and slags the band OR it's members as a "fan" in any way.....

I believe the right word for this would be a "pest"
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2007, 06:45:24 AM »

I believe the right word for this would be a "pest"

Excellent! I have some other words for these said people too, but I'll try really hard not to use them at this particular time........

KUDOS :beer:W.

W
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: