Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Last bit of waiting finally over soon??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last bit of waiting finally over soon??  (Read 23283 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me so many times I can't count them, it's just a shame.

...you're a gn'r fan.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 01:27:28 PM »

Thanks EazyDuz.. ?peace

2002 soon wasnt the word.. but now i have a feeling that word is about to smack us in the backhead..

All this recent activity just reinforces the question in my mind: what the fuck was 2002 about? and why did they do it? I can see no earthly reason.

Axl himself explained that in the Eddie Trunk interview in May, they were more or less pressured into touring in 2002, unlike in 2006, which is why they felt way more comfortable doing it in 2006, when they had evolved more as a band.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 01:27:58 PM »

2002 was the greatest year of GN'R, lineup and tour wise. ?Maybe this year will change everyones mind, including mine and make it the best in GN'R's history.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »

you cant relate everything to 2002 if you want.. but because plans have changed in the past, doesnt make them change this time around..
im not saying IT IS comming now, but im saying i really belive it is comming soon. Anyway, we wont se a tracklist before the promotion or the
mixing is done.. thats the same way with every album...

It's the rule of probability, not certainty. In this case we're looking at a high probability chance of plans changing. You may believe it's coming soon, but there's not much evidence backing that notion besides pure faith.

VR is done recording, we know the tracklist.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »

with a little bit of luck, Bach will do some talking when this tour starts.
he's been a great source for info!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »

you cant relate everything to 2002 if you want.. but because plans have changed in the past, doesnt make them change this time around..
im not saying IT IS comming now, but im saying i really belive it is comming soon. Anyway, we wont se a tracklist before the promotion or the

It's the rule of probability, not certainty. In this case we're looking at a high probability chance of plans changing. You may believe it's coming soon, but there's not much evidence backing that notion besides pure faith.

Good for VR, that's got nothing whatsoever to do with GN'R.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »

i see the tour comming soon, as a good enough evidence for the album coming out.. you have to put all the parts together to see the picture...
Recording Done + Currently Mixing + World Tour in the plans + quality leek of better = Evidenve enough for me..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 01:37:22 PM »

Good for VR, that's got nothing whatsoever to do with GN'R.

No, apparently nothing got anything to do with GN'R. They're (he) simply a seperate entity breaking all the rules.

There's no reason to not reveal simple details about the project if it's indeed close to being released, even Axl does this when he can. Since it's not happening, well....

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »

i see the tour comming soon, as a good enough evidence for the album coming out.. you have to put all the parts together to see the picture...
Recording Done + Currently Mixing + World Tour in the plans + quality leek of better = Evidenve enough for me..

There was a tour coming in 01, 02, 04 and 06 too.

Recording done, we've heard that before. No telling how credible it is. Recording is only done until Axl decides it's not done after all.

Mixing's been done before, nothing new there.

We've had leaks before, just because we have a 'better' version doesn't mean it's finished.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »

Recording done, we've heard that before. No telling how credible it is. Recording is only done until Axl decides it's not done after all.

We've had leaks before, just because we have a 'better' version doesn't mean it's finished.

For the record, we have never had an official announcement about mixing before now.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 01:42:11 PM »

I don't want to be negative and would rather believe that we are about to get the long promised "storm," but I'm not holding my breath.

The reason for my negative attitude is that I have read posts exactly like the one that started this thread in 1999, 2002, 2004 and again in 2006. I always laugh when I think about what I would have said if someone had told me in 1999 that we'd be sitting here in 2007 still without an album.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 01:46:10 PM »

For the record, we have never had an official announcement about mixing before now.

We've never had alot of things. In reality it doesn't have to be more than another link in an endless chain being put in place.

If things are so close, where are the circumstantial evidence? Only thing we know is that they might be in the studio trying to finish something. It shouldn't take long, but it shouldn't have taken a decade either.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 01:48:27 PM »

Have the official website said the recording is done before? Have the official website said that thay are currently mixing the album?
Have Axl been given an exact tentative releasedate before? I know that got delayed, but in the letter Axl said that it could be...
On the current tour we heard new songs played live... .. alot have changed since 02.. and if you can add 1 + 1 you see that..

GnR dont need to release an album just because they tour.. in 2001 and 2002 he just wanted the guys in the band to get out and
play... To have expirience with the playing in GnR... In 2006, the plan was to release the album while touring... But we know there was some
shit happening with the managment and the band... Shit happens.. But because that happend back then.. does not mean the album cant come
out this time.. Axl canceled 4 dates in january to finish up the album... .. and now we see new Tour dates.. They wouldent set up new tour dates
if the album wouldent be done.. they would do some more work on it... and cancel the dates...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 01:50:51 PM »

It would be funny if they announced the album in asia. Ever think about that?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »

We've never had alot of things. In reality it doesn't have to be more than another link in an endless chain being put in place.

If things are so close, where are the circumstantial evidence? Only thing we know is that they might be in the studio trying to finish something. It shouldn't take long, but it shouldn't have taken a decade either.

i have never said we had any evidence, i said it was evidence enough for me.. ?And that i dont see a reason to be negative about things right now...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »

I don't want to be negative and would rather believe that we are about to get the long promised "storm," but I'm not holding my breath.

The reason for my negative attitude is that I have read posts exactly like the one that started this thread in 1999, 2002, 2004 and again in 2006. I always laugh when I think about what I would have said if someone had told me in 1999 that we'd be sitting here in 2007 still without an album.

I'd probably call him a hater, and bash the crap out of him.Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 02:00:03 PM »

Have the official website said the recording is done before? Have the official website said that thay are currently mixing the album?
Have Axl been given an exact tentative releasedate before? I know that got delayed, but in the letter Axl said that it could be...
On the current tour we heard new songs played live... .. alot have changed since 02.. and if you can add 1 + 1 you see that..

Yes, in 2002 the official website stated that recording was done. And the 'fact' that they're mixing and giving out tentative dates doesn't mean much, it's all been stated before by sources close to the band, Rolling Stones 21st of November was one of those tentative dates. Only difference is as you say 'it being on the site'. Well, when previous options have been used the tend to new ones. Next thing we'll hear is that mixing is done, but that negotiations are slowing things down.

GnR dont need to release an album just because they tour.. in 2001 and 2002 he just wanted the guys in the band to get out and
play... To have expirience with the playing in GnR... In 2006, the plan was to release the album while touring... But we know there was some
shit happening with the managment and the band... Shit happens.. But because that happend back then.. does not mean the album cant come
out this time.. Axl canceled 4 dates in january to finish up the album... .. and now we see new Tour dates.. They wouldent set up new tour dates
if the album wouldent be done.. they would do some more work on it... and cancel the dates...

Funny that the reason for touring in 2002 was to get the guys out there, but what do you know, last year Axl said he was forced to tour. Which one is it?

And there might have been some shit going on with management last year, although I'm leaning towards that being mostly in Axls mind. We all know the real reason the album didn't get released last year, it wasn't finished! It's only so much a manager can do you know.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »

It would be funny if they announced the album in asia. Ever think about that?

On that note, I tend to think it's unlikely they'll release Chi Dem and then leave North America for 6 months and let it stagnate.

I think that the overseas tours indicate that the CD is not imminent.   But maybe we'll see the release towards the end of the overseas tours. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

with a little bit of luck, Bach will do some talking when this tour starts.
he's been a great source for info!

I agree that Bach was a good source of info., but he has his own Japanese tour dates June 1-5 so I'm not so sure he will be along on this one.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 02:08:57 PM »

a summer release would be awsome... when they have played the dates in Japan, South Africa, South America and Australia..

beer For that one  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: