Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  tour. album
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tour. album  (Read 29608 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2007, 04:08:45 PM »

Now does someone want to explain how an amazing talent like Axl Rose with every modern tool and amenity at his disposal has taken twice as long and still has yet to release this record?

To answer you, no.  Nobody can answer this except for one guy...Axl himself.  That's how art works.  It takes the amount of time that the artist feels it needs to take.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2007, 04:09:52 PM »

Music is an art, and most of the great artists have frustrated people if you read your history books. It's the way things have always been

I am wanting Axl to give to the world something he thinks is great because I respect everything all the output he has given us up until now.

well since its already taken this long, i mean we've waited this long whats a while longer really....but since he had to learn how to do everything it must have contributed to the amount of time that this album is taking to come out

but as with BillBaileys analogy....didnt michelangelo fire all his help cuz nobody could do it how he wanted it done so he did it himself? i think the same might be true with CD...

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2007, 04:13:06 PM »

I know there are many artists, designers, and musicians on this board that know this...but here it is from an artist's perspective...

I'm a designer. ?I design 2 collections a year. ?I put my heart and soul into every collection that I design...I sketch it out, source fabrics and trims and make the patterns and samples. ?I obsessed over every single detail! ?I'm constantly changing each and every piece to make it better. ?The collection is really NEVER finished because, we, as artists are obsessive and think it's never good enough and we think we can keep improving it. ?The only way I can stop and finish my collection is because I have a deadline! ?If I don't have a collection finished before a tradeshow, the buyers don't see it. ?

Get what I'm saying
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »

I know there are many artists, designers, and musicians on this board that know this...but here it is from an artist's perspective...

I'm a designer.  I design 2 collections a year.  I put my heart and soul into every collection that I design...I sketch it out, source fabrics and trims and make the patterns and samples.  I obsessed over every single detail!  I'm constantly changing each and every piece to make it better.  The collection is really NEVER finished because, we, as artists are obsessive and think it's never good enough and we think we can keep improving it.  The only way I can stop and finish my collection is because I have a deadline!  If I don't have a collection finished before a tradeshow, the buyers don't see it. 

Get what I'm saying

No.  Every artist is different.  If they were'nt, it would'nt be art.

novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2007, 04:25:07 PM »

"No.  Every artist is different.  If they were'nt, it would'nt be art."

Okay...Every Person is different too, if we weren't we wouldn't be human!

All of this discussion is as pointless as waiting around for the cd! The bottom line is that it should be out by now seeing as it's 2007 and almost 2 months after the "March 6th" date.  If nothing else, we should atleast know when it is coming out. But like I said before it's all pointless.  If Axl wants to rise to the top again... he has an odd way of showing it!
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »

"No.  Every artist is different.  If they were'nt, it would'nt be art."

Okay...Every Person is different too, if we weren't we wouldn't be human!

All of this discussion is as pointless as waiting around for the cd! The bottom line is that it should be out by now seeing as it's 2007 and almost 2 months after the "March 6th" date.  If nothing else, we should atleast know when it is coming out. But like I said before it's all pointless.  If Axl wants to rise to the top again... he has an odd way of showing it!

Right.  Everyone is different.  Glad you get it.

Can somebody please provide a link to the interview with Axl where he said the point of recording and releasing Chinese Democracy is to rise to the top again?  I don't remember him ever saying anything along those lines.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2007, 04:42:10 PM »

However, this line was funny:

but at the same time I can understand not just "rushing" it out there.

Yeah it's so "funny".

It's like if you spent the whole day preparing a nice meal for your family and friends, but in order to save time you take the thing out of the oven too early so the end result tastes like shit.

that sir, was a brilliant metaphor.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »

I hardly consider 10+ years to make an cd "rushing"...?

Another one who doesn't get it.

I don't believe it....

I even spelled it out for Danny and you still don't get it?

Ok, here's one more:

Imagine you build a mansion from scratch. You spends years planning, getting permits, building and funding it.

Then you paint it neon pink because you can't wait a few more months to get the color you want. They're all out and won't get more until the end of the summer.

So there you sit in your pink mansion and you hate the place because the fucking color sucks.

You rushed it at the end and paid the price.

I don't expect any of you to get that either because the house took years to build so how could it be rushed....? hihi

/jarmo

They should've planned ahead and already had the color they wanted ordered!

GET SOME!  YEAH! ok hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »

I'm a designer. ?I design 2 collections a year. ?I put my heart and soul into every collection that I design...I sketch it out, source fabrics and trims and make the patterns and samples. ?I obsessed over every single detail! ?I'm constantly changing each and every piece to make it better. ?The collection is really NEVER finished because, we, as artists are obsessive and think it's never good enough and we think we can keep improving it. ?The only way I can stop and finish my collection is because I have a deadline! ?If I don't have a collection finished before a tradeshow, the buyers don't see it. ?

Get what I'm saying

I don`t get what you are saying, you can`t compare to Axl Rose. He is not making an album for getting money. He is a person who acts under his own rules and the way he puts his feeling in his songs is what makes him special. There are good singers and goodlooking performers as Bon Jovi, for example. But Axl is special for the way he is. I admire Axl more now than in 1992, because he has demonstrated that he still doesn`t care for the opinions of other people. I really want he releases CD, but I think he has the right of release the album when he consider is the moment. And obviously he has not spent 5 or 10 or 15 years for making an album. Simply he will release the album when his heart says it is the moment.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »

You're assuming that it's not done or it can't be done before June?

Why?

/jarmo

he's just saying the album is not out and it isnt....we've been here before....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »

I agree to an extent.

I mean Axl being the way he is makes him special and a legend but the thing is, 4 years ago the wait and the mystique were cool but now its turning into a punchline.

Axl is starting to be remembered for what he hasnt done than all the great shit he has done and thats when it starts to become a problem.

I love the wait, i full support Axl but It truly is time to get this baby out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2007, 04:51:43 PM »

Now does someone want to explain how an amazing talent like Axl Rose with every modern tool and amenity at his disposal has taken twice as long and still has yet to release this record?

To answer you, no.  Nobody can answer this except for one guy...Axl himself.  That's how art works.  It takes the amount of time that the artist feels it needs to take.

Perhaps having every modern tool and amenity at his disposal is part of the problem.

"to live with fortune and fame"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2007, 04:52:50 PM »

Contractors buillding your house?

WTF?

I said YOU are building a house. It means, you plan it, fund it and build it yourself.

Hmm...maybe it's just an American thing, but if somebody says to me "I'm buidling a house" it doesn't really mean they are building it themselves.  It just means they are having a new house built specifically for them on some land they have purchased or something rather than moving into an already-built house.  Again, it's probably just a regional phrasing thing.

I know. But are you saying we should assume Axl hired somebody to make an album for him?

Just because you don't get the analogy I made?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2007, 04:58:53 PM »

Get what I'm saying

good analogy....bottom line...this album has been in the works since about 1994...yes thats right 1994....so all of you who says he needed 4 more days to finish it, they are cancelling gigs to finish it ?(any of these things sound familiar?) have no clue about the history of the band...he cant let it go.....its a shame...............ive been waiting 16 fucking years for new original material (ok, oh my g-d, was great in 1999) so i think "time went by and it became a joke."

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 04:06:38 PM
Contractors buillding your house?

WTF?

I said YOU are building a house. It means, you plan it, fund it and build it yourself.

Hmm...maybe it's just an American thing, but if somebody says to me "I'm buidling a house" it doesn't really mean they are building it themselves. ?It just means they are having a new house built specifically for them on some land they have purchased or something rather than moving into an already-built house. ?Again, it's probably just a regional phrasing thing.

I know. But are you saying we should assume Axl hired somebody to make an album for him?

Just because you don't get the analogy I made? ?

/jarmo

Hey. ?I'm on your side on this. ?I just don't like the analogy. ?Building a house isn't art. ?Creating an album is (or should be). ?

I just (admittedly) didn't understand the analogy. ?The way it read (at least for me) had to do with the process of building a house compared to creating an album. ?I think we're all confused here.

I wish we had some real news so we could talk about something other than pink houses and burnt dinner.

clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2007, 05:01:29 PM »

I agree to an extent.

I mean Axl being the way he is makes him special and a legend but the thing is, 4 years ago the wait and the mystique were cool but now its turning into a punchline.

Axl is starting to be remembered for what he hasnt done than all the great shit he has done and thats when it starts to become a problem.

I love the wait, i full support Axl but It truly is time to get this baby out.

That is the point. If the goal of Axl`s life was being a legend or being on the top of fame, he would act in a different way. But I think that he simply acts the way he wants or the way his heart dictates. I don`t think he acts to be remember of a certain way. I think that for him would be very easy to act in the way everybody wants and be on the top but that is not his nature.
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »

Why?

/jarmo

It?s not gonna happen, never...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2007, 05:27:33 PM »

Why?

/jarmo

Yes it will.

It will piss you off a lot. You'll be forced to come up with something new to complain about and make fun of.

Did you prepare your review already?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2007, 05:27:37 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: jarmo on Today at 11:32:13 AM

Why?

/jarmo

Damnit! ?Where are all these people buying these time machines?

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2007, 05:30:14 PM »

Why?

/jarmo

Yes it will.

It will piss you off a lot. You'll be forced to come up with something new to complain about and make fun of.

Did you prepare your review already?

/jarmo

hey, man . i cant wait until it comes out...i really hope it does...i'll rate it a "10" right now, no doubt....but i need the freakin' album to come out.............

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: