Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  tour. album
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tour. album  (Read 29649 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »

i agree with ktucker here. i think i can speak for him saying we support the band full force everything they do is right and good and cool and if the band came to our part of the world we'd buy tickets T-shirts ect, BUT all we want after a long wait and before another wolrd tour is an album. I understand Jarmos thoughts on how why risk fucking it up after its takin' so long to get to this point at creating a masterpeice.

Personally i'd love to have the album right now, who wouldn't? But i understand that it takes time to get all the records out there after they've been made so its cool if i have to wait untill next fall. But i'd (we'd) just like an update if you will on anything that has to do with CHINESE DEMOCRACY

beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »

so why does this thread have so many views and replies?  no

It's just like any other thread...nothing special here. i dont get it
gav
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »

Jarmo, am I right in saying that your analogies are to lead us to believe that a couple of things have fucked up the release schedule?

Generally speaking I agree that this thing should be released when it's ready and not before.

I'll just wear the fuck out of my boots in the meantime! (ps. if anyone can help me out with Hammersmith London video I will repay with a multitude of sexual favours hihi)

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »

I'll just wear the fuck out of my boots in the meantime! (ps. if anyone can help me out with Hammersmith London video I will repay with a multitude of sexual favours )

You do realize that this is a mostly male board, right?

Maybe you should replace the "V" with a "Y" in your screen-name.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
gav
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2007, 05:53:11 PM »

I'll just wear the fuck out of my boots in the meantime! (ps. if anyone can help me out with Hammersmith London video I will repay with a multitude of sexual favours )

You do realize that this is a mostly male board, right?

Maybe you should replace the "V" with a "Y" in your screen-name.

hihi no shit!
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »

All I know is that it would be a real slap in the face to those in California who had their shows canceled to resume touring now and not having the album done. 

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »

All I know is that it would be a real slap in the face to those in California who had their shows canceled to resume touring now and not having the album done.?

This is true.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »

All I know is that it would be a real slap in the face to those in California who had their shows canceled to resume touring now and not having the album done.?

i totally agree...........

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
gav
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2007, 06:16:42 PM »

yeah good point.

But would an update pacify us if no album is forthcoming before/during tour? I say yes, so long as it's not wishy washy bullshit.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2007, 06:22:19 PM »

I am in California and had tickets for 2 of those canceled shows.
I think resuming touring without an album out is still fine as long as it is somewhere the band has not performed yet.
But they'd better have an album out next time they do California....Or the US or Europe for that matter... Grin.....Not because of rabid fans like you and me, but because of the demanding music industry and public in general.

But if I have to choose between touring without an album out and no touring at all.....I mean, isn't it obvious..... Roll Eyes

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »

they are going to play anywhere people will show up and make as much money as possible before this album is released....it's business folks...

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »

Jarmo, am I right in saying that your analogies are to lead us to believe that a couple of things have fucked up the release schedule?

It's even mentioned on the official site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2007, 06:49:47 PM »

It's even mentioned on the official site.

/jarmo

there you have it! so it must be true...end of story..........

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2007, 07:31:22 PM »

It took Michelangelo 3 years to paint the ceiling of the sistine chapel which is arguably the greatest piece of artwork in the history of man. Now this was done in the 1500's with no modern technology whatsoever. Now does someone want to explain how an amazing talent like Axl Rose with every modern tool and amenity at his disposal has taken twice as long and still has yet to release this record?

True but what about this?

"La Sagrada Fam?lia (Catalan, 'The Holy Family') is a large Roman Catholic basilica under construction in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Its formal title is Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Fam?lia. Antoni Gaud? worked on the project for over 40 years, devoting the last 15 years of his life entirely to this endeavour. On the subject of the extremely long construction period, Gaud? is said to have joked, "My client is not in a hurry." After Gaud?'s death in 1926, work continued under the direction of Dom?nech Sugranyes until interrupted by the Spanish Civil War in 1935. ... the Sagrada Familia, which has been under construction since 1882 ... expected to be completed around 2026"

Don't nobody tell Axl!!!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2007, 07:36:23 PM »

Sorry, I  have nothing to add to this discussion (much like most of the posts already here), but I just wanted to say I love this thread.

blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2007, 07:47:44 PM »

Okay so a little while ago, we hear Axl make his tenative date, almost May still nothing.? ?Yet all these new tour dates are being booked.? Yes it is good and exciting that they r still active and actually doing something and booking shows.? But I'd rather see the god damn album BEFORE they tour the whole world.? Especially when none of the shows are in my area, except for the Everrett one that I attended.? I don't know about you but I think Axl should be spending more of his time and effort getting the ALBUM out then getting ready and booking for shows to go on tour. rant

Stop being so goddamn selfish.

Some people (ie: people downunder) havent seen GNR live for 14 years.  We all waited patiently down here while you got your turn with the touring.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2007, 07:53:51 PM »

I agree with the original poster. I'd much rather see them release the album than pay to watch them perform most of AFD again with a few "new" songs.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2007, 07:58:36 PM »

I agree with the original poster. I'd much rather see them release the album than pay to watch them perform most of AFD again with a few "new" songs.

agreed. axl should stick to his words circa 1989..."I want to bury appetite!" i cant agree more...also, the "new" songs arent that new anymore....the blues, chinese democracy and madagascar are 6 years old!!!! play new stuff...all of it is better than appetite!!!!

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2007, 01:20:21 PM »

Uh, I doubt there are less RHCP fans now than in 1990.? That was before BSSM came out.? AND the band continues to release new, relevant music.? Stupid comparison...

Ok.? Fine.? Then Compare it to after BSSM came out (not sure...not a RHCP fan) came out.? That's not the point.? The point is they aren't as popular now as they were in their prime.? Duh.

I disagree - their last 3 albums of sold really well! They have a whole new fanbase on top of their old fanbase.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2007, 03:46:57 PM »

It took Michelangelo 3 years to paint the ceiling of the sistine chapel

Is a ceiling only thing you see when you enter a building and not the wall?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: