Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227946 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!  (Read 39773 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2008, 05:17:09 PM »

I don't understand the generalisation that VR fans need to bring up Axl in every thread, which includes bad news about VR - just like this time, it was done by a troll.

then just read every thread in this section.  once something is said that is even slightly negative to anyone in VR, its "oh yea? wel Axl hasn't put out an album"  or some stupid bullshit that has nothing to do with the topic.   ignoring and avoiding the argument and trying to change it into something about Axl.   Typical.

Did you not get the memo?

See below.

Let's get back on topic... yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2008, 05:18:12 PM »

the comment wasn't about axl, it was about the bullshit with singers that slash and duff have had to put up with throughout their careers.  maybe i was a little extreme, but frustration has gotten the best of me.  what exactly did i say that wasn't the truth anyway?
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »

Duff's "Loaded" MySpace says there's gonna be a new Loaded album with a world tour.  Everyone know about that?

http://www.myspace.com/loadedlamf

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »

I guess this means so much for a new VR album come spring time. Good news about Duff with Loaded tho. He'll have that, Slash will have his solo album. I woulda liked to have heard what album number 3 ended up sounding like, however there are too many signs that this band isn't meant to last as long as it has, let alone any longer. You got 4/5 of the band relapsing between this tour and the last plus all the STP talk and multiple members talking about solo records.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2008, 05:39:20 PM »

... What the hell kinda treatment program only lasts for a week?  A shit one?

Ali

Programs can be anything from outpatient to intensive inpatient treatment.

No one person is the same, however, most professionals advise concurrent counseling/group for any treatment to be successful, and that probably can't occur on a tour. Though, it is not impossible.

From recent statements and actions from the band, it looks as though they are imploding. Time will tell.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2008, 05:59:35 PM »

It looks like Slash did perform last night...but with Fergie:

Friday, February 08, 2008
Fergie Gives Back with the Peapod Foundation

Last night was a big night for the Peapod Foundation.  The Black Eyed Peas showed up and did a benefit concert, and shared their hearts about helping out the less fortunate.

Along with the ?Get it Started? crew, a there were a couple other celebrity appearances during the night.  Velvet Revolver axeman Slash joined the Peas onstage, and Natasha Bedingfield even showed up for a performance.

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?igi=303884&s=slash&sfld=C&vwmd=e

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »

It looks like Slash did perform last night...but with Fergie:

Friday, February 08, 2008
Fergie Gives Back with the Peapod Foundation

Last night was a big night for the Peapod Foundation.  The Black Eyed Peas showed up and did a benefit concert, and shared their hearts about helping out the less fortunate.

Along with the ?Get it Started? crew, a there were a couple other celebrity appearances during the night.  Velvet Revolver axeman Slash joined the Peas onstage, and Natasha Bedingfield even showed up for a performance.

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?igi=303884&s=slash&sfld=C&vwmd=e

lol good for Fergie!   Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »

... What the hell kinda treatment program only lasts for a week?  A shit one?

Ali

Programs can be anything from outpatient to intensive inpatient treatment.

No one person is the same, however, most professionals advise concurrent counseling/group for any treatment to be successful, and that probably can't occur on a tour. Though, it is not impossible.

From recent statements and actions from the band, it looks as though they are imploding. Time will tell.

Yeah...however with someone who has had a drug problem for almost 2 decades and has relapsed probably a dozen times and been to rehab a dozen times it's unrealistic to think he should be in a treatment program for less than 6 months at least.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2008, 07:22:45 PM »

He was arrested in November after ending the North American tour in late October.

The shows in Australia which were supposed to take place in early December were postponed due to "health reasons".

Then on December 12th, they played a postponed L.A. show and a few NYE shows before starting the tour in late January.

Maybe he was in rehab already last year?

If he was, obviously it only helped for a while...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2008, 08:12:50 PM »

I don't understand the generalisation that VR fans need to bring up Axl in every thread, which includes bad news about VR - just like this time, it was done by a troll.

then just read every thread in this section.  once something is said that is even slightly negative to anyone in VR, its "oh yea? wel Axl hasn't put out an album"  or some stupid bullshit that has nothing to do with the topic.   ignoring and avoiding the argument and trying to change it into something about Axl.   Typical.

See below.

ok, remember that next time I complain that someone brought Axl into the discussion rather than spouting out your usual "but it is a GnR board"
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »

from what a member on VR forum who has contact with the band says it's not due to drugs, but alcohol.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »

from what a member on VR forum who has contact with the band says it's not due to drugs, but alcohol.

Possibly...but when he was arrested in November he showed signs of impairment and failed field sobriety tests, and he refused to take a blood or urine test.  He voluntarily took a breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit.

Does that sound like alcohol?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86090

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2008, 12:30:30 AM »

Duff's "Loaded" MySpace says there's gonna be a new Loaded album with a world tour.  Everyone know about that?

Duff's not in Loaded, right now.  So this album and tour don't involve him, as far as I know.....
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2008, 01:30:38 AM »

Duff's not in Loaded, right now.  So this album and tour don't involve him, as far as I know.....

that's too bad...Duff is a legend and I'm going to miss him and the rest of the guys if in fact we have seen and heard the last of VR...
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2008, 03:13:58 AM »

syas so on the myspace page:
The current line-up features drummer Geoff Reading (New American Shame, Green Apple Quickstep), bassist Jeff Rouse and guitarist Mike Squires (both formerly of Alien Crime Syndicate)

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2008, 03:24:27 AM »

Duff's "Loaded" MySpace says there's gonna be a new Loaded album with a world tour.  Everyone know about that?

So who's gonna sing?

kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2008, 04:56:55 AM »

The gig hasn't been cancelled yet! No need to give up hope!

You'll enjoy Amsterdam. It's a nice place. We are still going, still hoping the gig will happen.

Yeah sure! But something really weird is that my friend in Amsterdam has tried to buy the tickets twice already and couldn?t because they ain?t available yet!  nervous
really? where did your friend try to buy the tickets from? I ordered them online 2 months ago at http://www.ticketservice.nl and they arrived the next day. He/she might want to try that adress...I checked and gig hasn't sold out yet.

Good for Scott that he went back to rehab, hope he can get his shit together....having said that, I'm going to be SO dissapointed if they cancel the Amsterdam gig  Sad

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2008, 10:41:59 AM »

that's too bad...Duff is a legend and I'm going to miss him and the rest of the guys if in fact we have seen and heard the last of VR...

duff played with loaded in december 07 as he has done around christmas for the past few years. i can't see him not being on tour with his band if VR are in down time.

and also.
Band Members: Duff McKagan, Geoff Reading, Jeff Rouse, Mike Squires
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 10:44:20 AM by Alan » Logged

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »

maybe it's time for duff & slash to move on and to create a true rock n'roll band.
take a punk singer, guys.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »

See below.

ok, remember that next time I complain that someone brought Axl into the discussion rather than spouting out your usual "but it is a GnR board"

Here's an idea...

Quit complaining.

It's as repetive as the same people who bring Axl into discussion here or Slash on the GNR side.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: