Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:59:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227841 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!  (Read 39492 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »

In the end, all I'm saying is that they have balance Weiland's best interests with their own.  There has to be a line drawn somewhere so that Weiland doesn't bring everyone else down with his issues.

Ali

It goes both ways, seeing Slash and Sorum falling into bad habits can't be a good environment for Weiland either.

..and so is Baz.

Ali

Not sure why his name would even be brought up...

But when did Sorum and Slash relapse?  I saw Slash not too long ago on Montel talking about being sober since 2005.

And Weiland is the one who got arrested recently.  So his issues with sobriety have the potential to limit or take away his freedom and therefore the band's ability to perform.

Baz was brought up because he was technically in the running for the lead singer slot.

Ali

That's the rehab/relapse, with Slash, I was talking about - 2005 or 2006.  Sorum & Duff were each in rehab, for different things, I think it was in the months preceding that.  So, my point was that they've all continued to have their battles with total sobriety.         

It's not like you are ever "cured" of addiction,  You're always in recovery.  Ultimately, it can't be good for people fighting to be sober to be around someone who is caving into his addictive tendencies.  And how many second chances does someone get before you say, "o.k.  This is not a healthy situation"?

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2008, 01:45:13 PM »

Falcon, would Ian Ashbury (sp) an outside shot?  ha, I know, not a chance in hell.

Ian was approached when it was still "The Project" and subsequently declined their audition request.  Probably not an option this time around either, Cult commitments throughout quite a portion of 08 along with possible appearances with UNKLE and hopefully the work he and Trent Reznor did in 05 finally seeing the light of day.

But when did Sorum and Slash relapse?  I saw Slash not too long ago on Montel talking about being sober since 2005.

Sorum did a stint in rehab after the Contraband tour finally ended (late 06??), pretty sure you're right on Slash and 05.

And Weiland is the one who got arrested recently.  So his issues with sobriety have the potential to limit or take away his freedom and therefore the band's ability to perform.

I see where you're going, all good.  Was just pointing out that Matt and Slash's continuing issues were probably not the best situation for Weiland to be around either.

Baz was brought up because he was technically in the running for the lead singer slot.

But was really never considered beyond the initial (courtesy??) audition for obvious reasons.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2008, 02:10:40 PM »

Falcon, would Ian Ashbury (sp) an outside shot?  ha, I know, not a chance in hell.

Ian was approached when it was still "The Project" and subsequently declined their audition request.  Probably not an option this time around either, Cult commitments throughout quite a portion of 08 along with possible appearances with UNKLE and hopefully the work he and Trent Reznor did in 05 finally seeing the light of day.

Sorum did a stint in rehab after the Contraband tour finally ended (late 06??), pretty sure you're right on Slash and 05.

I see where you're going, all good.  Was just pointing out that Matt and Slash's continuing issues were probably not the best situation for Weiland to be around either.

But was really never considered beyond the initial (courtesy??) audition for obvious reasons.

O.k. I remember what you're saying about Sorum now.  I guess all the guys in the band have to draw the line for themselves between what is acceptable in their fight to maintain sobriety and what isn't.

In the end, for a band of addicts to function, maybe it takes all of them being sober all the time not only for their own individual sakes, but for the sake of not being a bad influence on each other.

They may not have been serious about Baz, but even if for some reason they were willing to give him another look, I don't think he'd do it now.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2008, 02:19:39 PM »

I'm not sure how this can be...but from MTV:

Feb 8 2008 1:25 PM EST

Velvet Revolver Singer Scott Weiland Returns To Rehab

Band's Thursday show has been postponed, but treatment won't derail rockers' upcoming tour plans.

By Chris Harris

Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland ? who has long battled drug and alcohol addiction ? went back to rehab Wednesday night after their gig at the Wiltern in Los Angeles, according to the band's publicist.

"Weiland voluntarily entered a rehab facility" following the group's performance, reads a statement provided to MTV News. "[Thursday's] San Diego show at the House of Blues has been postponed; the rescheduled date for San Diego is TBA. Velvet Revolver deeply apologize to their fans and thank them for sticking by the group."

The statement did not disclose which facility Weiland had entered or for which substance the singer was seeking treatment. According to a source close to the band, Weiland's rehab stay is not expected to affect its future touring plans.

But the move could potentially stand in the way of a much-rumored reunion of the Stone Temple Pilots. Sources who asked to remain anonymous had told MTV News that the band would be revived this summer for a one-off reunion tour of the U.S., but the band and its representatives have yet to confirm the trek. According to sources, negotiations are still ongoing and venues have been reserved throughout the country for the jaunt, with label reps and managers actively trying to secure their bands opening slots on the proposed run.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1581221/20080208/velvet_revolver.jhtml

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »

I'm not sure how this can be...but from MTV:

Feb 8 2008 1:25 PM EST

Velvet Revolver Singer Scott Weiland Returns To Rehab

Band's Thursday show has been postponed, but treatment won't derail rockers' upcoming tour plans.

By Chris Harris

Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland ? who has long battled drug and alcohol addiction ? went back to rehab Wednesday night after their gig at the Wiltern in Los Angeles, according to the band's publicist.

"Weiland voluntarily entered a rehab facility" following the group's performance, reads a statement provided to MTV News. "[Thursday's] San Diego show at the House of Blues has been postponed; the rescheduled date for San Diego is TBA. Velvet Revolver deeply apologize to their fans and thank them for sticking by the group."

The statement did not disclose which facility Weiland had entered or for which substance the singer was seeking treatment. According to a source close to the band, Weiland's rehab stay is not expected to affect its future touring plans.

But the move could potentially stand in the way of a much-rumored reunion of the Stone Temple Pilots. Sources who asked to remain anonymous had told MTV News that the band would be revived this summer for a one-off reunion tour of the U.S., but the band and its representatives have yet to confirm the trek. According to sources, negotiations are still ongoing and venues have been reserved throughout the country for the jaunt, with label reps and managers actively trying to secure their bands opening slots on the proposed run.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1581221/20080208/velvet_revolver.jhtml

What the fuck?

The Aussie tour is supposed to start in mid-Feb right?  What the hell kinda treatment program only lasts for a week?  A shit one?

Ali
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2008, 02:26:53 PM »

Maybe Scott isn't back to heroin? Just using something weaker but wants to kick the habit before it gets out of hand? Besides, being on tour, away from U.S. somewhere he hasn't as easy access to drugs can't hurt..
Ali
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »

Maybe Scott isn't back to heroin? Just using something weaker but wants to kick the habit before it gets out of hand? Besides, being on tour, away from U.S. somewhere he hasn't as easy access to drugs can't hurt..

But still, a one week treatment program?  I'm sorry, but that has to be utter horseshit.

Ali
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2008, 02:40:28 PM »

Something tells me Amsterdam isn't the best place for Scott to go right now lol  I really wanted to go to the LA show, but I couldn't because of school, and I'm kind of glad that I didn't.  That would have been like seeing them at their lowest point.  This whole theatre tour has been kind of a mess because of Weiland.   It would be interesting for the trainwreck effect, but I'd rather see them when they have their shit together.   
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »

has anyone in the history of music had worse luck with lead singers than slash and duff???  they go from axl, who tried to turn the most kick ass band in rock history into a symphany orchestra techno shit band to scott weiland, the biggest drugie piece of shit in music, who embarrassed slash and duff's reputation with that "bad stp" album libertad.  axl might release new music before slash and duff ever find a singer that's worth a fuck....ok, that's stretching it, axl will never release anymore music, he'll just tour off of 20 year old songs and waste more studio time.  slash and duff should just get back with izzy and let him do the singing, now that would be some good shit!!!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 02:54:07 PM by TWAT RULES » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2008, 02:55:02 PM »

has anyone in the history of music had worse luck with lead singers than slash and duff???  they go from axl, who tried to turn the most kick ass band in rock history into a symphany orchestra techno shit band to scott weiland who is the biggest drugie piece of shit in music, who embarrassed slash and duff's reputation with that "bad stp" album libertad.  axl might release new music before slash and duff ever find a singer that's worth a fuck....ok, that's stretching it, axl will never release anymore music, he'll just tour off of 20 year old songs and waste more studio time.  slash and duff should just get back with izzy and let him do the singing, now that would be some good shit!!!

-1 for bringing Axl up in a thread that has nothing to do with him just so you can try to get a reaction from GN'R fans.

It's trolling. Which we don't like.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »

has anyone in the history of music had worse luck with lead singers than slash and duff???  they go from axl, who tried to turn the most kick ass band in rock history into a symphany orchestra techno shit band to scott weiland who is the biggest drugie piece of shit in music, who embarrassed slash and duff's reputation with that "bad stp" album libertad.  axl might release new music before slash and duff ever find a singer that's worth a fuck....ok, that's stretching it, axl will never release anymore music, he'll just tour off of 20 year old songs and waste more studio time.  slash and duff should just get back with izzy and let him do the singing, now that would be some good shit!!!

-1 for bringing Axl up in a thread that has nothing to do with him just so you can try to get a reaction from GN'R fans.

That's ridiculous.  'TWAT RULES' wasn't doing anything to stir up controversy from Gn'R fans or anyone else.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:21:35 PM by Eclipsed107 » Logged

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »

That's ridiculous.  'TWAT RULES' wasn't doing anything to stir up controversy from Gn'R fans or anyone else. :rolleyes:

Oh right.  Roll Eyes

The VR fans need to stop bringing Axl into every thread that has bad news about their favorite band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »

The VR fans need to stop bringing Axl into every thread that has bad news about their favorite band.

/jarmo

I would hardly call TWAT RULES a VR fan or if he is one he keeps it well hidden. 1) his screen name is TWAT RULES, 2) he has made stunning 2 posts in the VR section (btw, the other one is "i can't stand matt sorum.....what a fucking faggot"). When I agree that TWAT RULES could have made a separate thread about Duffs and Slashs misfortune with lead singers I don't understand the generalisation that VR fans need to bring up Axl in every thread, which includes bad news about VR - just like this time, it was done by a troll.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »

That's ridiculous.  'TWAT RULES' wasn't doing anything to stir up controversy from Gn'R fans or anyone else.  Roll Eyes

Haha, you're kidding, right?

axl, who tried to turn the most kick ass band in rock history into a symphany orchestra techno shit band

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »

Let's get back on topic... yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »

Let's get back on topic... yes

Okay, then:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/02/08/velvet-revolvers-scott-weiland-enters-rehab/
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »

You would think his brothers death from drug use woulda prevented him from yet ANOTHER relapse. It's fucked up if he tries to tour on 1 week of sobriety. Thats a recipe for disaster and a ridiculously stupid idea.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2008, 04:35:43 PM »

It's time to look for another singer, Slash and Duff / Velvet Revolver deserves someone much better than Scott.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2008, 05:04:46 PM »

I don't understand the generalisation that VR fans need to bring up Axl in every thread, which includes bad news about VR - just like this time, it was done by a troll.

then just read every thread in this section.  once something is said that is even slightly negative to anyone in VR, its "oh yea? wel Axl hasn't put out an album"  or some stupid bullshit that has nothing to do with the topic.   ignoring and avoiding the argument and trying to change it into something about Axl.   Typical.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »

whoa folks, now just because he's in rehab doesn't mean shit. The dude could check out tomorrow and the tour could be back on ok
Hell, how many times have them blondes hoes, Brtiney, Lindsey, etc. gone into rehab for five minutes.
Going into rehab doesn't mean crap, unless he was court ordered. Then that's for real.
My guess? He'll be out before this thread hit 10 pages.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: