Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CHINESE DEMOCRACY - Promotion thread (scans, links to promotional material)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHINESE DEMOCRACY - Promotion thread (scans, links to promotional material)  (Read 56194 times)
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2008, 04:31:01 PM »

yeah saw them too. saw them yesterday on the man u v villa game too

I have to say that those ads at the footbal were really lousy - waching the match on tv, I could hardly make out what was being advertised. Must have been the use of light orange font on a yellow and red background.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »

BestBuy flyer  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »

Just heard Chinese Democracy on the Grey Cup.... there was also a mention of the album in a Future Shop commercial (it had an older versoin of the artwork actually!)
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2008, 07:38:44 AM »

amazon.co.uk has a video on the homepage. Hadn't seen it before today.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2008, 09:26:55 AM »

I just got interviewed on one of the biggest news radio stations in Greece about the album!!!   yes..

www.alpha989.gr

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2008, 09:31:42 AM »

I just got interviewed on one of the biggest news radio stations in Greece about the album!!!   yes..

www.alpha989.gr
Wow!! How cool is that?  Were you just in the right place at the right time?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2008, 09:50:11 AM »

www.alpha989.gr

Actually, they contacted me and asked me to talk on air about the album and the band...  Grin

I've given a few more interviews over the years on TV and radio.

It was really cool...  beer

Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »

www.alpha989.gr

Actually, they contacted me and asked me to talk on air about the album and the band...  Grin

Nice opportunity
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »

www.alpha989.gr

Nice opportunity

It was a good opportunity to advertise the album cause there almost no promotion at all at the record stores... No posters, no special stands, no nothing.

Universal doesn't have any t-shirts like in other countries and they'll send me like 5-10 promo cd's after countless phone calls and after they saw that I'll have a half page ad for the album and the fan club on the next 3 issues of the Greek Metal Hammer...

axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »

Today In Spain, I saw a GNR Promo for Chinese Democracy, during the program "Padre de Familia" ("Family Guy" in English). The Spot promote this TV serial, and you can see it at the begining and at the end.
 Grin

Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »

www.alpha989.gr

Nice opportunity

It was a good opportunity to advertise the album cause there almost no promotion at all at the record stores... No posters, no special stands, no nothing.

Universal doesn't have any t-shirts like in other countries and they'll send me like 5-10 promo cd's after countless phone calls and after they saw that I'll have a half page ad for the album and the fan club on the next 3 issues of the Greek Metal Hammer...

Yeah no kidding. I've read--and expected--that Universal was launching the whole monumental campaign thing. It really doesn't seem like it followed through unfortunately. They began promoting the thing only a month before it came out. That's not very good. Slipknot's new album was #1 on release, and they were promoting it with their first single 3 months before it came out.
RickDunsford
Rocker

www.twitter.com/rickdunsford

« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2008, 11:14:16 AM »

that display they have at best buy i'm picking that up saturday Cheesy

www.gunsnroses.com/users/rickdunsford

01-24-10 Hamilton
01-25-10 London
11-02-11 Atlanta
11-12-11 Kansas City
12-04-11 Nashville
02-19-12 Chicago
03-01-12 Atlanta
11-23-12 Vegas
11-24-12 V
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2008, 11:35:26 AM »

I was listening to kerrang radio this morning in the car on the way to college.

At about 11ish a show came on in which they announced the new album is released in the UK today. And wanted people to text in if they thought it was good or not to the show so the presenter could read out opinions.

Later on they would also be having a "old guns n roses vs new guns n roses" in which i assume they play two old guns tracks, and CD and better from the new album.

Sadly i arrived at college long before this. so i cant report on what the texts reactions to the album were!

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' Mania Hits Germany, Japan; Video Available - Nov. 24, 2008

German TV station Pro7 aired a two-minute report on the release of GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", which included interviews with the band's fans and a short chat with Sven Kilthau-Lander, senior director of promotion at Universal Music Germany (international division). Watch the report below.

In other news, one GUNS N' ROSES fan has posted a short video clip of a truck advertising the "Chinese Democracy" album on the streets of Tokyo, Japan. The fan says, "It must have come past me about 5 or 6 times within an hour."

Plus Swedish, Dutch and German TV commercials: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109526

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »

Buenos Aires, Argentina

look at the bike hihi

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2008, 08:06:52 AM »

In a battle for worldwide supremacy GN'R is prepared to take on all comers, no genre or artist is safe.

If you haven't been to Best Buy yet, get it on iTunes now: http://itunes.
apple. com/WebObjects/MZStore.
woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=297019864&s=143441
Then copy and paste this message and post it on every forum you see to tell everyone out there that you?ve bought Chinese Democracy, and it?s their turn to do the same.

From GN'R myspace.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
sandman
Legend

« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2008, 08:16:07 AM »

i saw a new commercial last night on VH1 Classic. it was around 11:30 and i was watching an Iron Maiden performance from Rock n Rio 2002.

i wasn't really paying attention to the comercials, but all of a sudden i see the giant red star and i think it was CD playing in the background. then there was a voice over that said something like "gnr...cd...featuring the hit song CD....and Better." and they played a few seconds of each song. then the voice said "available now at Best Buy."

anyone else see this one? i did a quick search on youtube but didn't see it.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
elmir
VIP

« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »

at least you managed to get something....in SA, there is still no radio airplay for either of the two singles...(an independent rock station occasionally plays CD)....the album is still not in stores...(wont be for another week apparently)...and a certain Universal rep said that they would recommend to stores that they only order a few copies as they don't expect this "thing" to do anything major in terms of sales....

fukn frustrating....not to mention that we don't have any T-shirts, posters, or TV ads...and Best Buy don't ship outside the states...crap....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2008, 08:42:13 AM »

Is there any more information/rumours on the music video that might be happening?

I want to see GNR on tv/youtube/myspace peforming songs from the record to really shove this album in peoples faces.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »

Aside of putting on the premiere listening party with Universal on the 20th i've had 3 radio interviews between Thursday and Monday for the album.
2 for BBC and one for Manchester Rock radio. Also one for BBC tv at the album premiere.
All of the interviews i pretty much praised Chinese Democracy or stayed neutral when they started comparing it to classis GNR saying "look its something new i think its gonna work lets go with it. Original GNR was superb but lets not condem this new album cos we've not got anything else right now theres some great stuff on there and until a reunion lets be happy with it all."
Pretty much every presenter open minded to what i was saying.

However the prick from BBC Radio 5 Live yesterday was totally trying to condem the album and trying to get me on board and say its nothing without Slash. Which i didn't do i pretty much said its something new give it a chance. He did try and make me look stupid for not agreeing with him but made himself look more of a dick when he cracked a joke that no one got the punch line of about Guns 2 Roses having a "Slash" on stage as in he mean't taking a piss on stage. He ended up laughing to his own joke even his broadcast partner looks puzzled with a "wtf" look on her face.

I'm just waiting for the mp3's of these interviews and once i get them i'll put them up here  ok
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:29:40 AM by g2r_Axl » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: