Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:13:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CHINESE DEMOCRACY - Promotion thread (scans, links to promotional material)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHINESE DEMOCRACY - Promotion thread (scans, links to promotional material)  (Read 56194 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2008, 09:20:34 AM »

i saw a new commercial last night on VH1 Classic. it was around 11:30 and i was watching an Iron Maiden performance from Rock n Rio 2002.

i wasn't really paying attention to the comercials, but all of a sudden i see the giant red star and i think it was CD playing in the background. then there was a voice over that said something like "gnr...cd...featuring the hit song CD....and Better." and they played a few seconds of each song. then the voice said "available now at Best Buy."

anyone else see this one? i did a quick search on youtube but didn't see it.
My roommate saw the commercial twice yesterday, on Fuse and on VH1.  I witnessed the one on VH1, which was the same as you're describing.  I thought it was the same that was put up on their myspace page last week, could be wrong though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2008, 09:51:45 AM »

People in Greece have seen an ad on a music station, also heard a radio spot...

Things are moving but pretty slow...

Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2008, 10:51:08 AM »

Things are moving but pretty slow...

Monumental campaign my ass.
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2008, 12:09:41 PM »

Universal Music Poland listed FINALLY ChD on their new releases page... so I guess it's much of their promotion  rofl
http://www.universalmusic.pl/

But talking seriously: there are SMS CD winning radio competitions on two bigest rock radio stations simoultanesly, though only one of them got press patronage over the ChD  hihi (they will last for the whole week) So it's good for G N'R  ok
Yesterday morning Antyradio DJ gave away 10 CD at once, so not so bad  Tongue

ESKA ROCK is giving daily 1 copy per hour all day long till 24:00 http://www.eskarock.pl/index.php?page=eska_rock Then they are calling the winning people for answering simple questions and opinions on the album and new G N'R ok Eska Rock is very possitive towards the album - they play different songs: for example yestarday's evening Scraped and Better. So the attention G N'R is getting on their air is huge I would say  ok

There's also a ChD promotion competition run by some internet technologies company from Warsaw - giving away Kaspersky Internet Security 2009  Grin if you send them your pic with your very own copy of ChD  smoking
http://www.ti.com.pl/gnr/
http://www.ti.com.pl/gnr/index.php?id=chd
^ The owners must love G N'R  Grin
After a month they'll pick 10 most intresting pics and give away the KIS 2009

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »

Finally saw the commercial on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Must be targeting us people in our twenties.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »

We have??  confused
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2008, 01:23:24 AM »

We have??  confused

I said people in Greece. Not Greek people on this board... Tongue

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »

Saw a sign for Chi Dem on the back of a bus today in LA.  Aside from the billboard on the Roxy, this is all Ive seen.  I drive through hollywood everyday seeing all the album ads posted on all the walls, but no GnR...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »

Saw a sign for Chi Dem on the back of a bus today in LA.  Aside from the billboard on the Roxy, this is all Ive seen.  I drive through hollywood everyday seeing all the album ads posted on all the walls, but no GnR...

There are signs all over Sunset Blvd, even on the side facade of the Whisky, and I saw a CD poster on Pico Blvd last Sunday.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2008, 09:12:46 AM »

Saw a HMV advert on C4 last night advertising the album!

Back In Power
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2008, 08:22:01 PM »

nice banner in the right side
http://download.netanttila.com/

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »

dude there's shitloads of CD ads around hollywood and west hollywood.

that is unless they took them all down monday when i returned home.

got back to nottingham(UK) and see huge posters for it in the train station.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:14:31 PM by Alan » Logged

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2008, 09:22:01 PM »

I've seen online stuff... going to best buy tomorrow.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »

Howard Stern read a live commercial for Chinese Democracy at the conclusion of The Howard Stern show today.  He does live commercials throughout the show, and really talks up the products well.  Plus he gets millions of listeners on a daily basis.  I'm not sure if the commercial was a one shot deal or if it'll continue to run.  Hopefully it'll continue, it sounded pretty official he read some quotes from Rolling Stone and called it the most anticipated album ever.

They also played clips of 5 songs off the album earlier in the show, the response was positive except for Robin Quivers.  She didn't like the 20 seconds of "Better" and "Prostitute" that she heard.  She did agree during the live commercial though that they didn't really give the album a full listen to be able to form a valid opinion.  A caller also called in to discuss Buckethead's solo during TWAT and they played that.  Again Howard said it was good, Robin was less impressed.  Some quality overall GNR conversation on the show today though.  It was exciting to hear.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #234 on: December 01, 2008, 08:11:15 PM »

I just recieved a promo Multi media message from Optus about Chinese Democracy. It says if I buy the new single I will recieve a free ring tone and it also had a Video of the The new GN'R logo then the name of the album then the album cover.

Has anyone else seen this?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #235 on: December 01, 2008, 08:14:53 PM »

I am gonna make my first negative statement about CD

I think its just ridiculous that this album was worked on so hard and so long to have the release handled so poorly.

I almost feel like Axl is boycotting the album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #236 on: December 01, 2008, 08:29:20 PM »

I am gonna make my first negative statement about CD

I think its just ridiculous that this album was worked on so hard and so long to have the release handled so poorly.

I almost feel like Axl is boycotting the album.

I'm feelin' ya, bro. So many people put their efforts into this album for years and years, and there's been so much anticipation for it, and when the time comes to put it out, they essentially drop it off into a ditch, hoping someone will stumble upon it, by chance. I could see doing that if the album wasn't good, but quality isn't the issue. I don't really know what is the issue, though. It's been so mishandled. It's a shame, everything was there for them to hit it out of the park, and it seems they were simply content with getting a base hit... Sad

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »

Time will treat this album well.

The promo is not what we all thought/wanted it to be but Axl will eventually speak. The band will eventually release videos, and most importantly, the ALBUM will sell well for years to come.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2008, 08:42:04 PM »

Time will treat this album well.

I agree with this. Axl achieved the most important thing... namely an album that ARTISTICALLY (if not commercially) stands up to the name stamped on the front. It can slot in comfortably behind the Illusions and TSI? in anyone's GN'R cd library without looking out of place. I also believe that a growing audience will come to appreciate it through the years.

What is a pity is that it seems that we may not get to re-experience the whole "Guns N' Roses" hysteria again like we did in 91-93. Not at THAT LEVEL anyway. Few bands ever get to experience that though- so Guns was fortunate to achieve it once already. Who knows- perhaps that's actually a good thing for Axl and for the band- as those years didn't seem to be particularly easy for them- notwithstanding the success and attention.

At the end of the day though- Chinese Democracy is a rock music master piece- and that's what matters. Hopefully sometime soon people start to place a premium on quality when making their listening choices. peace   

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #239 on: December 01, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »

The ad just ran on Monday Night Football  beer

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print