Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:00:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd  (Read 95108 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »

Although it's primarily a Slash/Myles album, this is definitely more of a "band" effort.
These guys have all been together on the road for so long, I'm sure the chemistry between them will result in some pretty good material, as they played an awesome live show the few times I saw them.

Has Slash confirmed that Todd Kerns, Brent Fitz and Bobby Shenk will play on this album? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

I kind of assumed that since it's a Slash album, that he would play all the guitar parts.

Just a question.

yep, im pretty sure i read that somewhere, that the next album was gonna feature his full live band.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »

Not all vocals:

Just finished a session w/Mike Clink engineering on a track w/Mary j Blige. Sounds killer! Iii|; )'

12 hours ago via Facebook

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »

Not all vocals:

Just finished a session w/Mike Clink engineering on a track w/Mary j Blige. Sounds killer! Iii|; )'

oh great.  So much for this being a rock album.   Roll Eyes  Honetsly, MJB is talented, but I don't know if I need to hear her on a Slash song.  Oh Slash, you are just so "hip."
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »

Not all vocals:

oh great.  So much for this being a rock album.   Roll Eyes  Honetsly, MJB is talented, but I don't know if I need to hear her on a Slash song.  Oh Slash, you are just so "hip."

I believe the track he is talking about will be on Mary's new record not Slash's.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2011, 06:19:03 PM »

Not all vocals:

I believe the track he is talking about will be on Mary's new record not Slash's.

Thanks.  That's much better.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »

It's still not clear, but it may not be on the solo album.  It's being reported both ways...

Former Guns N? Roses star Slash is teaming up with Mary J. Blige for an unlikely collaboration.

The rocker has been in the studio with drummer Brent Fitz and bassist Todd Kerns to work on new material for his next album.

Now the legendary guitarist has revealed he's enlisted the help of R&B queen Mary J. Blige for a track.

In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Just finished a session w/ (with producer) Mike Clink engineering on a track w/Mary j Blige. Sounds killer!"

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/08/11/slash-blige-collaborating

And:

Slash Confirms Mary J. Blige Collaboration

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash has revealed that he is collaborating with R&B queen Mary J. Blige on a new track, possibly for her upcoming album, "My Life II: The Journey Continues." "Just finished a session w/Mike Clink engineering on a track w/Mary j Blige. Sounds killer!" he posted on Twitter. (@slash)

Billboard

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »

I would guess that it's a track for HER album.  After all the title of this thread says that Myles will handle ALL vocals.  Of course, it's entirely possible those plans could've changed or she may be guesting on a track, maybe some background vocals.  But I'd still tend to believe it's for HER album.

People hold her in high regard.  Not a big fan of the genre, so I can't really speak to it, but a roommate of mine in college was OBSESSED with Mary J. Blige.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »

Regardless of the collaboration with Mary J. Blige, I would really love to see Mike Clink producing Slash's next album, he captured Slash's guitar sound sound so well on all the GN'R albums.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »

I think Mary J. Blige is the most overrated singer in Pop... And I don't give a shit if she comes from the street or not, she isn't that great of a singer.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 02:41:25 PM »

Yea I just think that they are different genres, that is why it is weird.  Slash could still play some cool slow ballad-y or flammenco stuff and it could work.  MJB is actually pretty talented, I just don't go out of my way to listen to her.  She is not the worst that Slash has played with.  Just Slash looking for more crossover appeal, I guess.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »

Mike Clink, very interesting.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2011, 11:01:31 PM »

Has Clink done anything worth mentioning since AFD?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 01:59:11 AM »

Yes, Use Your Illusion for example!!??

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 08:12:20 AM »

And while TSI wasn't GN'R's greatest moment, the SOUND of that album (also produced by Mike Clink) is awesome! ok

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2011, 06:52:09 PM »

Again, "worth mentioning"...

Just kidding...sorta...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:28 PM »

It's still not clear, but it may not be on the solo album.  It's being reported both ways...

Former Guns N? Roses star Slash is teaming up with Mary J. Blige for an unlikely collaboration.

The rocker has been in the studio with drummer Brent Fitz and bassist Todd Kerns to work on new material for his next album.

Now the legendary guitarist has revealed he's enlisted the help of R&B queen Mary J. Blige for a track.

In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Just finished a session w/ (with producer) Mike Clink engineering on a track w/Mary j Blige. Sounds killer!"

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/08/11/slash-blige-collaborating

And:

Slash Confirms Mary J. Blige Collaboration

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash has revealed that he is collaborating with R&B queen Mary J. Blige on a new track, possibly for her upcoming album, "My Life II: The Journey Continues." "Just finished a session w/Mike Clink engineering on a track w/Mary j Blige. Sounds killer!" he posted on Twitter. (@slash)

Billboard

Congratulations Slash, Good Idea.. M.J. Is Godness !!! + Mike Clink... This Song, PROMISES !!!

Thnaks FM

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 01:16:47 PM »

Slash and Mike Clink:

At the studio doing some guitar overdubs.

Photo: http://twitpic.com/674y9w

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »

From Slash:

2 more weeks & then the offficial ramp up to recording the record begins. + Slasher Prod 1st film in prod. Woohoo!! iii|; )'

Managed to record some cool riffs for Myles last night. Pre pro never really stops when on holiday. Iii|; )'

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »

I think Mike Clink did Sammy Hagar's first solo record after he left Van Halen in 96 or 97, could be wrong.

libertad
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2011, 10:44:26 AM »

After recently getting Alter Bridge's AB3 album, I have really high hopes for Slash & Myles' upcoming album.
If they make something half as good as AB3, it'll be awesome!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: