Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  The BUCKETHEAD Thread-show your gratitude here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The BUCKETHEAD Thread-show your gratitude here.  (Read 36525 times)
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2010, 02:53:26 AM »

THERE WAS A TIME best solo in GN'R history BUCKETHEAD FUCKIN RULES peace

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »

I honestly prefer the current band members then the buckethead era members including buckethead. I really liked what Bumblefoot did on Riad replacing buckethead's solo. I wasnt much for his solo on that particular song for example, but he has had some amazing work on CD and his solo albums

Oh My God i cant deny this...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2010, 03:53:10 PM »

I love Buckethead, and am happy that we have the best of him on Chinese Democracy, and maybe on follow ups. When Buckethead and Brain are together, you know it's gonna be magical.

And I also feel that Buckethead played brilliantly with Robin at his side. With them both being lead guitarists, I feel it brought the best out of them both, when they performed live.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2010, 09:07:20 AM »

fuck, haha cant believe my thread is still going, its been nearly 2 years since I started it.

I haven't seen the current band live yet (well not until DEC 4 2010) but I still do miss Bucket (never saw him live but from what he did in the studio and the 02 concert bootlegs, he was a machine )

Its safe to say hes never coming back now after all, 6 years have passed but it would be great to see him do his solo stuff down in Australia if he ever decides to pay us aussies a visit Smiley
Ill travel to see him in every state

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2010, 12:58:11 PM »

I love Buckethead, and am happy that we have the best of him on Chinese Democracy, and maybe on follow ups. When Buckethead and Brain are together, you know it's gonna be magical.

And I also feel that Buckethead played brilliantly with Robin at his side. With them both being lead guitarists, I feel it brought the best out of them both, when they performed live.

love love love love love

4EVER EVR !!!!

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »

Im getting into buckethead now  rofl

WOW! the guy played the fuck out of the new songs!! I love his solo on Madagascar! And i had told before i preferred the new guys. I changed my mind hihi

wow! I just love his Madagascar solo! The song sounds like its supposed to be with him on board.

Im not a big fan of his solo work because i think it misses some vocals, of course i like a song or two, but its not something i usually have on my ipod i must admit, but i just love how he played the Chinese Democracy songs!!

He worked on other songs for sure, so right now im just astonished and exploring every song he played with GNR with more attention all over again ok crying

I mean look at this! LOOK! lol  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFmXK5I0rc

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2010, 02:28:27 PM »

WOW! the guy played the fuck out of the new songs!! I love his solo on Madagascar! And i had told before i preferred the new guys. I changed my mind hihi

wow! I just love his Madagascar solo! The song sounds like its supposed to be with him on board.

Im not a big fan of his solo work because i think it misses some vocals, of course i like a song or two, but its not something i usually have on my ipod i must admit, but i just love how he played the Chinese Democracy songs!!

He worked on other songs for sure, so right now im just astonished and exploring every song he played with GNR with more attention all over again ok crying

His Madagascar solo is the greatest solo I have ever heard...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2010, 11:35:12 AM »

His Madagascar solo is the greatest solo I have ever heard...

True im so sad that the studio version doesnt have the solo exactly like its played on that video  crying

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »

He is badly missed right here...check out his sologigs tho, it's AMAZING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGAIPNgJOnk

I think he misses the gnrfans too, so in frustration he karatekicks sometimes, like at 3.27 peace
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:22:50 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2010, 10:11:20 PM »

THERE WAS A TIME best solo in GN'R history BUCKETHEAD FUCKIN RULES peace

Agreed !

His Nightrain solos were bad ass too

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2010, 05:21:33 AM »

I think he misses the gnrfans too, so in frustration he karatekicks sometimes, like at 3.27 peace

haha. I dont know if its his character for the shows, or if he's mentally sick, and acts like "buckethead" on his real life, if does act like that, he's crazy, and i can see why Axl supposedly couldnt take it anymore. However i do think buckethead is the greatest guitar player in GNR since Slash, and i wished he had stay with the band. His work with Guns is amazing, Im not a big fan of his solo work though.
I feel the need for vocals on his songs, and the ones that do have vocals are with frontmen that i really dont like, example: Serj Tankian... if he did some solo work with good frontmen, i would buy it right away!

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2010, 01:07:06 AM »

Lately, I've been unable to stop listening to this solo. Just the solo not the whole song. I think it's one of the most brilliant ones written. Everything suits the song perfectly, the kill switch usage, the wah, the riff at 5:28, everything.
Nothing but respect for Buckethead, pure respect.

Fuck 'Em All.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2010, 07:23:50 AM »

haha. I dont know if its his character for the shows, or if he's mentally sick, and acts like "buckethead" on his real life, if does act like that, he's crazy, and i can see why Axl supposedly couldnt take it anymore. However i do think buckethead is the greatest guitar player in GNR since Slash, and i wished he had stay with the band. His work with Guns is amazing, Im not a big fan of his solo work though.
I feel the need for vocals on his songs, and the ones that do have vocals are with frontmen that i really dont like, example: Serj Tankian... if he did some solo work with good frontmen, i would buy it right away!

good point, it makes it a bit harder for the mainstream musos to access his music quickly.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2010, 12:15:27 AM »

Lately, I've been unable to stop listening to this solo. Just the solo not the whole song. I think it's one of the most brilliant ones written.

Maddy? Yeah...it's pure art. Sad that he don't write with Axl anymore.

His solo stuffz is teh wtfpwn top peace
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:17:08 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2010, 12:32:43 PM »

IMO, his best work on CD is in Better. Not his main solo, but rather the quick licks after each chorus - specially the last one, right before Robin's solo. That thing with the killswitch is just amazing.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2010, 04:25:48 PM »

I would love to have the first version of better in great quality, theres some amazing work right there!

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »

Actually, I was talking about the TWAT solo. The Better / Chinese Democracy kill switch fills are amazing as well.

Fuck 'Em All.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »

Actually, I was talking about the TWAT solo. The Better / Chinese Democracy kill switch fills are amazing as well.

Yeap the twat solo is amazing as well!

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2010, 07:13:45 PM »

I was just watching some of the songs on rock in rio 3, Oh My God, Madagascar etc... and noticed that Axl sometimes almost couldn't hold on his notes cause he wanted to laugh so hard at Buckethead, because of his antics, his robot dance and stuff like that. Its funny as hell, i hadnt noticed it in the past hahaha. In Oh My God he's really struggling hahaha hihi

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2010, 07:26:33 PM »

BucketHead is  amazing.

... yes

Rock in Rio it was an one time oportunity that i will never forget...best concert that i saw IMO.
Had a blast that night !!!

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: