Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:42:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For Fun - What if Axl colaborated with...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: For Fun - What if Axl colaborated with...  (Read 20762 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »

gilmour yes!
maybe whole lotta rosie with ac/dc

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »

Another one with Mike Monroe!! Or Nicke Borg  peace

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
comaboy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »

axl + liam gallagher
axl + noel gallagher
axl + paul mccartney

"they put a price on my head
they all want me dead
they all want me dead
i said just go ahead"

THE CITY, "Nobody" 2008
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »

I'd prefer to see Axl stick to rock. Not to pigeonhole him, I'm sure he could pull it off, but I think there is enough rap out there. Too much in my opinion. There isn't nearly enough rock, so I'd like to see the few rock bands left stick to what they do best.

I'd love to hear what he could do with Isobel Campell, in similar vein as her work with Lanegan.
Preferably Ax singing to music she writes.

For guitarists, Brian May, Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham and Mick Taylor come to mind.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:31:57 PM by LongGoneDay » Logged
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 04:42:28 PM »

I'd prefer to see Axl stick to rock. Not to pigeonhole him, I'm sure he could pull it off, but I think there is enough rap out there. Too much in my opinion. There isn't nearly enough rock, so I'd like to see the few rock bands left stick to what they do best.

I'd love to hear what he could do with Isobel Campell, in similar vein as her work with Lanegan.

For guitarists, Brian May, Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham and Mick Taylor come to mind.

Yeah, that'd be cool..   Tongue

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
moridorr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »

Jay-Z.  Look at the Guns N' Roses VS Jay-Z mash up on youtube
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »

I'd prefer Axl stick to "rock" as well. I suppose it just depends on your definition of rock. I imagine something along the line of Chris Cornell's colab. with Timberland. I'm fairly sure that record wasn't that well received, but I dig "Never Far Away" at least, and personally I think both Axl and Dre are a bit more versitile than Cornell and Timbo. I applaude their effort at least, though. It would definitely have more of a pop sound than we're used to from Axl, but you know it would be complex and interesting. That's all I'm saying.
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »

Are you all fucking insane!!!! Axl on stage with a fucking raper!!! wtf?!!

What's next, he goes on stage with Back street boys?!!!

Get a good taste.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 07:39:13 PM »

Lastly, am I mistaken or didn't Axl have a few meetings with Easy - E before he died, about possibly working together? I swear I remember reading that in a interview or in one of the Q&A's.

Axl talked about touring w/ NWA, but felt the audiences wouldn't gel..Axl influence  me N' got me interested in so many bands including NWA, NIN, Junkyard N' countless others..
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »

Get a good taste.

Get a good taste? I like my taste just fine, and I don't think it's too far off from yours. Guns is my favorite band after all.
First of all, I never said anything about a stage. A studio is what I had in mind.
Second, yes, Dr. Dre does rap, but most of his rhymes are ghost written for him, that's not even his strength. His strength is in production. Yes it is rap music, but his sound has always had a very strong harmony, something that I think would cross over well to a more "rock" sound, or at the very least be interesting, which is the point of the thread to begin with. I don't think "rap" would or should be involved at all. Axl has shown he's not afraid to use a drum machine to fill out the sound on CD, whose to say that someone with vast more experience wouldn't be able to bring something to the table? Listening to songs like Better and Prostitute leave me feeling like that's where music is headed. A wonderful combination of drums, guitars, bass and vocal with something extra.

As I said before, I think we all have preconceived notions of "rap" and "rock", and sometimes music we like or don't like fits neatly into those categories, but other times sound crosses those boundaries.  In my experience most of the time that doesn't work out, but sometimes it does, and that's really interesting.

I don't mind the criticism, but at the very least tell me what would be so bad about it. You don't think the two would mesh? try explaining.

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34:26 PM »

Get a good taste.

Have you forgotten, or don't know this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vu0yCUimQQ

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »

I would choose Eminem.  I like him a lot, and would do a great duet...2 bad boys on the same stage.

Christina Aguilera is cool too. Axl loves him...

Anyhow

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 03:42:49 AM »

Get a good taste.

Have you forgotten, or don't know this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vu0yCUimQQ

One thing is Axl making a RAP intermission in one music, another is having him playns with a bunch of Rap-holes!!!

It's allready bad enough to have to listen Slash completly trashing Paradise City and SCOM with Ferguie and Cypruss Hill
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 10:30:04 PM »

I know I already said Axl with Serj but I would love for Axl to sing on a new System of a Down song or for Serj to sing on a GN'R tune.

peace

it could of happened once I suppose, Bucket did a song with him if I remember correctly.

I am not sure about that at all. Wold be cool though.

I know Brain Played on, I think all of Elect the Dead and some of Imperfect harmonies.

But hearing Axl on a song like Mezmerise would be killer!!!

I reckon Serj would suit songs like TWAT and Catcher.

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 01:31:06 PM »

I just read an interview with Lemmy that reminded me of this thread, and the thought of Axl playing with a rap artist.

"Rock 'n' roll needs me to keep it clean. A lot of people try to kill it." - Lemmy
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »

I just read an interview with Lemmy that reminded me of this thread, and the thought of Axl playing with a rap artist.

"Rock 'n' roll needs me to keep it clean. A lot of people try to kill it." - Lemmy

Sorry...what is this supposed to mean? I take it as (paraphrasing)

"Rock n' roll needs me to keep doing like I've been doing, because there's a lot of people out here fucking it up?"

I can appreciate that.

The only point that I have tried to make, and have to do a better job of I guess is...
I'm not thinking of Dre as a "rap artist" not a rapper at all actually. Just a producer. When I thought about it, the thought of Dre even appearing on a track never crossed my mind. I simply was curious what it would sound like if Dre produced an Axl song or two. Same guitars. bass, drums, same screeching Axl. I mentioned that Chris Cornell album Scream, in particular I like "Never Far Away". The whole album is produced by Timberland and as far as I know he doesn't rap or anything on any of the songs. This is the kind of thing I had in mind. 
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 07:35:59 PM »

Christina Aguilera is cool too. Axl loves him...

Wait, what?

Axl + Liam Gallagher as comaboy suggested would be interesting. Grin

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »

I think it would me outstanding if Axl colaborated with Toshi (X Japan). I think Toshi has a good ear for synth and orchestral arrangements, him and Axl on the same project would be out of this world. Hearing Axl on a song arranged like Forever Love, Tears or Endless Rain would be superb.  Smiley

I would also love a collaboration of some kind between Axl and Trent. It is something that I think would be very interesting, the sounds, effects, everything.  Cool
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »

I know I already said Axl with Serj but I would love for Axl to sing on a new System of a Down song or for Serj to sing on a GN'R tune.

peace

it could of happened once I suppose, Bucket did a song with him if I remember correctly.

I am not sure about that at all. Wold be cool though.

I know Brain Played on, I think all of Elect the Dead and some of Imperfect harmonies.

But hearing Axl on a song like Mezmerise would be killer!!!

I reckon Serj would suit songs like TWAT and Catcher.

In response to your post, I already posted it but it seems to have been deleted.

Its a song off one of Buckets albums, (looks like I cant mention it) and Serj did the lyrics to it (did 2 songs in total).

Dont see why my post had to be deleted but anyway.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 09:03:12 PM »

If you wanna talk about Buckethead's solo albums, please feel free to do so in the correct section.

This thread has very little to do with said subject.

Thanks!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: