Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:52:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 492599 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2016, 08:59:59 PM »

Ross Malcolm Young, son of Malcolm Young from AC/DC just shared on his facebook the Ultimate-Guitar article about this.
Could this be some kind of confirmation??  Huh

Think back to some of the retweets and facebook likes from Richard, Frank, and others close to GnR prior to the Coachella/'reunion' announcement... they were sharing/retweeting/liking stuff like this.

Edit: I still think it is highly unlikely (bordering on ridiculous).
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2016, 11:57:04 PM »

definitely not!!!!!

AC DC is only full rasp every single damn little song. Maybe in 1987.

If this were to happen 'in make believe land' you have to not imagine Axl taking over from Brian Johnson, but returning AC/DC to a more Bon Scott like sound. That would be a better comparison vocally... It would be interesting to hear Axl tackle post Highway to Hell era material, because it would take on a similar feel to hearing Bon sing the songs he was never around for. At least that's how I hear it.

BUT, back to your regular scheduled programing... I think the Guardians of the Galaxy rumor is more likely.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:12:36 AM by C0ma » Logged
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2016, 02:59:36 AM »

"I think it was the Melody maker that called us weak AC/DC. I ain't no Bon Scott, but that's a Whole Lotta Rosie to me"

Yeaaaahhh that quote from Axl was really cool.

axlvai
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2016, 03:04:35 AM »

definitely not!!!!!

AC DC is only full rasp every single damn little song. Maybe in 1987.

If this were to happen 'in make believe land' you have to not imagine Axl taking over from Brian Johnson, but returning AC/DC to a more Bon Scott like sound. That would be a better comparison vocally... It would be interesting to hear Axl tackle post Highway to Hell era material, because it would take on a similar feel to hearing Bon sing the songs he was never around for. At least that's how I hear it.

BUT, back to your regular scheduled programing... I think the Guardians of the Galaxy rumor is more likely.

"Regular scheduled programing" thats funny.

Axl is only GnR i think. I dont imagine doing other stuff.

axlvai
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2016, 06:01:22 AM »

Lots of major news sources reporting this in the uk this morning.

Does anyone know what Acdc are planning to do about their Europe tour in June? Is their singer coming back? As far as I can see dates aren't canceled or rescheduled beyond the ten shows in America

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2016, 06:24:36 AM »

What strikes me as unlikely about this is, yes, Axl has sung a couple of AC/DC songs over the years, but.....

We know the guy is massively averse to rehearsals.

We know he has the most crucial shows of his later career are coming up.

Can any of us conceive of a scenario where Axl goes "well, I'll rehearse for these huge Guns shows and then just for shits and giggles I'll also learn and rehearse a two hour show with a completely different band as I simultaneously prepare for my own career defining concerts?"
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2016, 07:01:26 AM »

Looking at the dates they have booked it could perhaps fit with the GN'R schedule.

My guess would be more than one guest vocalist. I can see Axl doing a few choice Bon Scott numbers (we all know he can do these). I can't see him coming on to sing 'Rock or Bust' though...the Brian tongue in cheek style doesn't really fit Axl.

It would be good for both camps.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:04:09 AM by reayj2003 » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2016, 07:15:15 AM »

I'd suggest it would be way more likely they'd have a few different singers yeah. If Axl was involved I think it would be on two or three songs. I really can't see him, right now, taking time to learn ACDC songs from their newest album, practicing, rehearsing, etc. Far more likely he comes in to sing the ones he's already covered with GNR and knows well.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2016, 07:50:33 AM »

If Axl sings like 2010 its going to be awesome,if he has done a test with ACDC im sure is with full rasp,because ACDC its 100% songs with rasp

Cant wait! i think its great for him to do those 10 shows and show the world again what he represents.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2016, 08:26:23 AM »

New report:

http://www.nme.com/news/acdc/92509

"Nothing official to announce" according to ACDC spokesperson.

That's definitely not a denial that this happening. I'm starting to think this could happen.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2016, 08:38:21 AM »

If Axl sings like 2010 its going to be awesome,if he has done a test with ACDC im sure is with full rasp,because ACDC its 100% songs with rasp

Cant wait! i think its great for him to do those 10 shows and show the world again what he represents.

Again I'll start with the disclaimer that I don't see this happening... but I think people expecting Axl to sound like Brian Johnson are looking at it wrong. If AC/DC goes with Axl or even say someone like a Myles Kennedy (I saw his name brought up in this thread) it is to return to a more Bon Scott feel and sound... I think they would do Brian material, but it would be like Bon singing it. Brian filling in for Bon was a big change... there is a huge difference between Brian's sound in Highway to Hell and Bon's... AND maybe Axl would tackle "It's a Long Way To The Top" which Brian has never done live.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2016, 08:50:57 AM »

I can see him singing Thunderstruck( would be epic) Thundeeeeeeeeeeer!,hells bells, shoot to trill and many others Brian songs.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2016, 08:52:18 AM »

Sorry Hells bells is bonn scott song...
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2016, 08:52:59 AM »

And dirty deeds  rofl
sandman
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2016, 09:50:17 AM »

has anyone confirmed that ACDC were really in Atlanta? (Aside from that DJ saying it)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Slashblack
Opening Act

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2016, 10:26:04 AM »

One AC/DC board was claiming that the band was in LA while Axl was in Atlanta...who knows, though.  Seems unlikely, but would be incredible to see.  But the AC/DC fans do not appear to be very happy about it. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:33:34 AM by Slashblack » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »

One AC/DC board was claiming that the band was in LA while Axl was in Atlanta...who knows, though.  Seems unlikely, but would be incredible to see.  But the AC/DC do not appear to be very happy about it. 

Yeah... I think this would be amazing to see... and if it happens I am 100 percent going assuming he is doing the New York show.

BUT.. if ACDC was "my band" and they were replacing their singer for a tour... I wouldn't be happy as an ACDC fan.

Imagine if in 10 years Slash Duff and whoever announce we are replacing Axl for ten shows due to his health concerns...we'd all go ballistic.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »

One AC/DC board was claiming that the band was in LA while Axl was in Atlanta...who knows, though.  Seems unlikely, but would be incredible to see.  But the AC/DC do not appear to be very happy about it. 

Ha! Was about to post the very same thing- just had a look at the ACDC fan forums- good grief! They seem to pretty much hate the man!

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2016, 10:37:39 AM »

Ha! Was about to post the very same thing- just had a look at the ACDC fan forums- good grief! They seem to pretty much hate the man!

AjAJjA, All World Hate To AXL ROSE

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Slashblack
Opening Act

« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2016, 10:58:24 AM »

The AC/DC boards are probably angry because they've only seen the shows that got press or attention for being subpar(WTTJ acoustic/VMAs from yrs ago).  But if people heard the shows that many of us have, they'd have a different perspective.  If the AC/DC shows happen, many GN'R fans are afraid of it derailing a full tour, took. But both fan bases are off with the worries.  Axl would sound great and 10 shows wouldn't derail GN'R.  If the man wants to do it, it's a chance to hear something cool and different.  For AC/DC fans, it's cancellations or an exciting guest singer.  Where's the downside in that?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: