Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2011! What to expect from the band?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011! What to expect from the band?  (Read 10923 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: December 21, 2010, 03:27:45 AM »

What do you expect from the band in 2011?

US Tour? New album at the beginning of the year? New album at the end of the year? The so called remix album? An update statement from Axl himself and the band? The "Better" Video? A special edition of Chinese Democracy in stores with the different covers? A dvd? A Documentary? More interviews promoting Chinese Democracy or a future new album? Appearances on tv shows by Axl or the band? Band members solo albums?

Tell us what do u expect from Axl and the guys in 2011  Tongue

Oh My God i cant deny this...
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:05:05 AM »

I hope to see them again in Europe and the Middle East (Israel, Turkey, Greece.....)
Maybe some new songs before the next album.
Civil War, Estranged and Locomotive are welcomed too peace

I wish Health , Happiness and all the best to all band members

the most sick fan in the middle east
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:17:07 AM »

only one man (probably) knows what is the future of GNR

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
sweetbreakdown
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 05:14:49 AM »

We think about many things, such as the following up to Chinese, de remix album, the possibility of a DVD, new Chinese covers n' booklets, maybe videos... but I guess that if we have the US tour followed by some other gigs (maybe Europe again, South America - Rock in Rio maybe?) n' some nice interviews or a Dexter's new visit to the chats it'll be just perfect!

Of course I get excited about all this possibilities of new stuff, but I'm still so happy about Chinese Democracy after waiting for so long n' the tour has been just fuckin' insane so it's really ok if nothing comes out! Not saying I don't want it! lol!

Apart from that I wish good health and prosperity in the coming year for all the band, that seems so happy n' alive at this tour. So good to see Axl having fun n' enjoying everything!

Thanks Axl, you deserve it man!

"In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

W. Axl Rose - 02/28/09
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 06:34:55 AM »

My guess is that it will be a mix of CD part 2 and newly written songs by the band as they all are eager to start writing new songs together... or maybe CD part 2 after a newly written album....

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 06:45:12 AM »

I expect them to surf on, on the wave of positivity, creativity and energy that they have now. Look like there will be many great years ahead Smiley

Maybe some more new songs on the set, for example Bad Apples or some other rare livesongs?

Apart from that, of course I hope for a new album too, but I still enjoy Chinese Democracy very much. When they release such quality albums, they don't need to release new albums so often as other bands yes

And they sure are welcome back to Europe too!!!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »

I think it's pretty clear that they want to tour the U.S., and hopefully we'll see that soon (if not February, than March/April).

There are also a few places like Mexico that they haven't done since the album came out (they did a few shows there in 2006).

I'm sure it would pay off to do more shows in South America. Also more European shows.

I really think 2011 is going to be more touring - remember how long the Illusions tour cycle went. After that, then worry about an album. And they may want a year off at some point. Just hopefully not too long this time Wink
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 10:18:55 AM »

I created this topic cause i know a lot of people expect a new album to be announced soon, and honestly i think its reasonable, 2 years and almost 1 month passed since Chinese Democracy was released.

Now i believe my bet will have to be November 2011, but until then and if we get that, could we be expecting something else at all?

ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »

GN'R spent the year (re)introducing the world to Chinese Democracy, what seems like the "permanent" lineup, and an amazing live act.  Axl proved he's in top form.  In past years, some ripped on Axl's braids/look, Buckethead, etc.  But this year we all saw an Axl you cannot deny- the man is back.
Now that he has the momentum, I see:
- A reissue of CD with bonus material- money on live Appetite tracks to lure casual GNR fans who haven't gotten into CD
- Live DVD
- US tour.  He'll mix up the songs and tour with other huge bands to pull in the audiences and fill arenas.
- I'd like to see CD2, but it feels like we'd be hearing more "whispers" for anything in 2011.  

Whatever happens, I hope he strikes while the iron is hot.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »

still think the us tour is a big mistake (Press related)
2001-2002-2006-07 we've saw a great band but the press isn't still liking gnr these days... and are always focussing on the past of the band instead of the future.

I strongly believe that the people who write shit about the band just sit behind a desk a week before the show and already have their press statement ready for the day after the show without even seeing the great force behind this band.

People should write about gnr in the press not the A-holes that are stuck behind a desk from 08:00 till 17:00...
gnr doesn't even work in those hours!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »

It would be cool to have something done like Kiss's  Morning day dilalah or whatever the name was.

They got a double album out, with the new album (which sucks btw) and they re-recorded their classics and put on a greatest hits cd on the package with the new guys.

If GNR did this it would be a success, guaranteed!

Not only we would have a great new album, but we would have another Appetite with the new guys. People would be curious about it for sure and would check it out and buy the double album

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 10:56:38 AM »

i expect nothing
maybe some shows.. and then nothing

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »

I expect some pretty great stuff - either the US tour and the RIR gig or new material (the remix CD, the live DVD...). Smiley

i expect nothing
You didn't expect Chinese Democracy to be released at all, did you?

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 11:29:23 AM »

I expect some pretty great stuff - either the US tour and the RIR gig or new material (the remix CD, the live DVD...). Smiley

i expect nothing
You didn't expect Chinese Democracy to be released at all, did you?

I didnt. I think it got released because almost the whole album leaked one year before, if it wasn't for that i think we would still be waiting for Chinese Democracy to hit the stores hihi

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 11:43:57 AM »

still think the us tour is a big mistake (Press related)
2001-2002-2006-07 we've saw a great band but the press isn't still liking gnr these days... and are always focussing on the past of the band instead of the future.

I strongly believe that the people who write shit about the band just sit behind a desk a week before the show and already have their press statement ready for the day after the show without even seeing the great force behind this band.

GN'R doesn't play for the press, or any other whiners.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 11:47:05 AM »

Jarmo, whats your opinion on this? Just speculating of course.

Do u think they're gonna tour the US first or release a new album before a possible US tour?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »

An US tour doesn't seem that unlikely considering the band has toured almost everywhere else.

But I have no idea when that would happen and if anything would happen before it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »

i would hate a remix album
but for next year i think u.s tour plus some exotic shows like asia middle east, africa after mayby a dvd or live cd. something for the fans!  hihi then plans for something new and interesting for 2012-2013
oh also something new for the set like riad or songs like twat and prostitute that isint played too often also some song from illusions ... more changin set

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »

I don't feel like 2011 is the year for CD2, i'm more confident with 2012. But Axl & co. can always surprise us, that would be nice indeed.

I think there will be some touring, summer festival gigs in Europe at least. I don't expect any special releases (DVD's etc.), maybe i'm a little bit pessimistic about this because they haven't released a live DVD in years. But like i wrote before: I hope the year 2011 is full of surprises from GNR camp. My fingers are crossed.  beer

Another idea: How about doing a gig which could have a live stream to YouTube or other big site? Some bands like U2 have done this, this way everybody could see the new GNR in action and kicking ass.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:16:07 PM by Jude » Logged

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »

Another idea: How about doing a gig which could have a live stream to YouTube or other big site? Some bands like U2 have done this, this way everybody could see the new GNR in action and kicking ass.
[/quote]
they did something like that in 06 it was called kroq?s inland invasion it is on youtube

had a new idea more secret gigs!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print