Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:55:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....  (Read 25138 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: September 01, 2004, 05:52:45 PM »

I just cannot take Dizzy seriously. I have ZERO interest in seeing him play live. I'm sorry, but Dizzy means NOTHING in the real history and legacy of Guns n' Roses. He's a yes man, that's why he's still around. Robin, Tommy, Brain - they are smart enough to make money using Axl and the GnR name, and they too are probably "yes" men. But hey, they're making money, and if this thing ever does sail, they'll be there....

.... But I cannot stand seeing Dizzy thinking he is part of Guns n Roses, he's NOT!! At the 2 shows I was at in 2002, he got loud applause......can i ask a question.....WHY, FOR WHAT??? Slash and Duff probably have NO RESPECT for him. He's a tag-along....he's not important, at all. The Blues is a good song, but that intro is kinda gay anyway. the song is cool, but mostly b/c of the outro and the verse chord changes. the piano part is kinda gay....its no axl masterpiece. I'm sorry, he's just annoying, thinking he's part of GnR.

Matt, to me, is part of GnR. Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven, Izzy....part of GnR. Shit man, I even feel like Gilby is more a part of GnR then Dizzy. During Paradise City, he used to play the tamborine LOLOL. He's useless....I guess we'll find out if CD ever comes how important he is, but to me, he gets no respect. he's NOT gnr....never will be.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

Alot of people confuse him with Izzy Stradlin, and think hes an original member. I have heard more than a couple times people say Dizzy is a good song writer because they think hes Izzy. I think the synth in "Chinese Democracy" sounds cheesy, but it could be someone else playing that.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 06:14:54 PM »

I think Dizzy will play an important part on the new GN'R album

EEEERRRR Little boy
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 06:15:02 PM »

I love Dizzy's playing and I can't take you seriously after that post.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 06:17:24 PM »

I just cannot take Dizzy seriously. I have ZERO interest in seeing him play live. I'm sorry, but Dizzy means NOTHING in the real history and legacy of Guns n' Roses. He's a yes man, that's why he's still around. Robin, Tommy, Brain - they are smart enough to make money using Axl and the GnR name, and they too are probably "yes" men. But hey, they're making money, and if this thing ever does sail, they'll be there....

.... But I cannot stand seeing Dizzy thinking he is part of Guns n Roses, he's NOT!! At the 2 shows I was at in 2002, he got loud applause......can i ask a question.....WHY, FOR WHAT??? Slash and Duff probably have NO RESPECT for him. He's a tag-along....he's not important, at all. The Blues is a good song, but that intro is kinda gay anyway. the song is cool, but mostly b/c of the outro and the verse chord changes. the piano part is kinda gay....its no axl masterpiece. I'm sorry, he's just annoying, thinking he's part of GnR.

Matt, to me, is part of GnR. Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven, Izzy....part of GnR. Shit man, I even feel like Gilby is more a part of GnR then Dizzy. During Paradise City, he used to play the tamborine LOLOL. He's useless....I guess we'll find out if CD ever comes how important he is, but to me, he gets no respect. he's NOT gnr....never will be.

After reading you statement I also have a question, who the fuck are YOU to say anything about a man who wrote and played on some of the finest GNR songs? Who the fuck are YOU to say anything about Dizzy?

Mike_Coen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 06:17:56 PM »

I think that Dizzy is Part of Guns n' Roses since the beginning, because he plays an instrument just like slash, matt, tommy, etc. The people forget him because the Keyboards are the less popular instruments in the band. 

Cris Pittman is the one who doesn't have to be considered as a member!!  Grin

drool
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 06:23:24 PM »

Dizzy is cool. I think he rocks  Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 06:40:47 PM »

Dizzys ok. Here there for the keyboards n the extra sound efects but still, he is a tag-allong. I mean come on. On use your illusion I and II for a lot of the songs he's doin keyboards right allongside Axl. He can play piano and all that techno crap but hes not what i picture when i hear "Guns N' Roses"

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 06:42:10 PM »

Dude, I somewhat agree with you on Blues intro bit,

but why the heck do you think we can take your argument seriously?

Unreasonable hate-posts are useless at the best, annoying to be honest.

Tara. wave
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 06:45:44 PM »

dizzy rocks, you suck. end of story.

Chinese Democracy!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 06:47:24 PM »

Dude, I somewhat agree with you on Blues intro bit,

but why the heck do you think we can take your argument seriously?

Unreasonable hate-posts are useless at the best, annoying to be honest.

It's not a hate-post. All i'm doing is saying my piece o' mind. I'm saying, sure dizzy did some of the best GN'R songs and sure he was there from the beggining but do you really thing the songs that he did would make a difference if you took dizzy out? The only reason he was there in the first place was 'caus Axl wanted to start doing techno-rock so he added someone on keyboards. Listen to Appitite, dizzy wasn't there and it was still a kick-ass album.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 07:05:55 PM »

It's not a hate-post. All i'm doing is saying my piece o' mind.

No.? Embarrassed I didn?t mean your post. I said "unreasonable hate posts" like the opening post of this thread, which is not yours.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 07:13:54 PM »

Dizzy Read was essentially starving went Axl phoned and picked him as their keyboard player.  Really, a break of a lifetime.  I agree, he's a total yes man to Axl, he does whatever he says and backs him up all the time, even when it's obvious, he doesn't have any idea when/what is happening.  Clearly, this has kept him employed on a payroll for the last ten years.  So yes, I would take whatever he says with a huge grain of salt.
Mike_Coen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2004, 07:39:14 PM »

And what do you think about Cris Pittman?
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2004, 07:51:56 PM »

Don't you think its likely that axl wrote 'the blues'... i wouldn't slag dizzy's work on the blues til you see the album credits... because if axl wrote you'll be worshipping it.

Dizzy had lots of cool piano parts on the illusions... bad apples, civil war, bad obsession... and how the fuck would you know if he can write... he was added to gnr after the illusions were written...

if he sucked as bad as you make him out to... then why would axl keep him around. ever thought he might actually believe in what axl is doing??? I for one am glad the next gnr album was 'its five oclock somewhere' or 'believe in me', or anything izzy has put out... i think dizzy probably has lots to contribute his contributes have just never seen the light

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 07:59:05 PM »

Let me get this straight, you dont think Dizzy is apart of guns n roses yet you think matt and gilby are?
You are zero credablity with a statement like that.? Dizzy was with gnr long before matt every came around.
Dizzy was friends with the band during the AFD/lies years.? So what the hell are you talking about?

and dizzy is a yes man and so are the others? Like I have always said, look at what people that have worked with axl have said about him, besides the old band, everyone has nothing but nice things to say about it.

Ask Joss Todd what is was like working with slash.
ITs was not very good.

I dont bash much but this calls for it.
You my friend are a jackass.

sorry Jarmo had to bitch him out

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 08:04:45 PM »

IDizzy is one of the most class-act people working in rock. He busts his ass playing for crowds of 200 to 20,000. He's remained loyal to Axl's vision of Guns N Roses when others walked away, yet has not spoken ill of his former bandmates.  The man has no ego, will sign any autogrpah, and talk to any fan and that alone is reason enough to respect him, IMO. Cool

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 08:08:16 PM »

IDizzy is one of the most class-act people working in rock. He busts his ass playing for crowds of 200 to 20,000. He's remained loyal to Axl's vision of Guns N Roses when others walked away, yet has not spoken ill of his former bandmates.? The man has no ego, will sign any autogrpah, and talk to any fan and that alone is reason enough to respect him, IMO. Cool

well almost any autograph
he just wont sign the snake pit album  rofl

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 08:13:53 PM »

I never was a fan of the keyboard, or the piano (nice for a one time thing) but I have nothing against the man... I believe he's a yes man, and I feel he knows zero about the album in terms of release...

He's been around since 1990, he's stayed with axl through the years. It's cool he's still around.. WHy gnr needs pitman too is beyond me, I'm sure he does sound effects, but that's never been my bag or what gnr was about..Overkill to me..
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 08:39:55 PM »

After reading you statement I also have a question, who the fuck are YOU to say anything about a man who wrote and played on some of the finest GNR songs? Who the fuck are YOU to say anything about Dizzy?

dude...who the fuck are you?

poop
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: