Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:52:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....  (Read 25140 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 08:51:22 PM »

I never was a fan of the keyboard, or the piano (nice for a one time thing) but I have nothing against the man... I believe he's a yes man, and I feel he knows zero about the album in terms of release...

He's been around since 1990, he's stayed with axl through the years. It's cool he's still around.. WHy gnr needs pitman too is beyond me, I'm sure he does sound effects, but that's never been my bag or what gnr was about..Overkill to me..

Wait for the album before you think pittman is overkill.
He is not there for the AFD songs, he is there for the new songs.
ITs like saying NIN having a synth keyboard player is over kill.
Pittman will be huge when they start playing a lot of new songs

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 10:18:30 PM »

You are zero credablity with a statement like that.

Daves right, he is zero credablity  Shocked

Dizzy was with gnr long before matt every came around.

Yeah, like 6 months?  And GNR was opening for The Cult in ''87, so I think its safe to call Matt an AFD-era friend...

But really, the bottom-line is that a drummer, in a band like GNR anyway, is always more important than a keyboard player.  No debating it...

Ask Joss Todd what is was like working with slash.
ITs was not very good.

1) Whats Slash got to do with it?

2) Todd has said that he had a great time working with Slash.  He didnt like that he wasnt picked, but he never called Slash difficult or unpleasent to work with.  If he did, go ahead and post the quote.  In fact, find anybody whos had a hard time working with Slash.

I dont bash much but this calls for it.
You my friend are a jackass.

sorry Jarmo had to bitch him out

Hahaha, Dave, come on...Youd think youd show a little compassion, because even you have to know that nobody on this forum has been "bitched out" or laughed at more than yourself...So save the insults - youre the very last person to insult anybody.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 10:27:57 PM »

As for the topic, I think Dizzy has an important role in GNR as a longtime collaborator and source of support...However, I have a hard time accepting a keyboardist as a real, full-fledged member of a hard rock band... Undecided  Unless every song has keyboards... no  But whatever, its pretty clear that hes got a big role in the new band.

Chris Pittman on the other hand...

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2004, 10:34:19 PM »

Daves right, he is zero credablity? Shocked

Yeah, like 6 months?? And GNR was opening for The Cult in ''87, so I think its safe to call Matt an AFD-era friend...

But really, the bottom-line is that a drummer, in a band like GNR anyway, is always more important than a keyboard player.? No debating it...

ITs was not very good.

2) Todd has said that he had a great time working with Slash.? He didnt like that he wasnt picked, but he never called Slash difficult or unpleasent to work with.? If he did, go ahead and post the quote.? In fact, find anybody whos had a hard time working with Slash.

Hahaha, Dave, come on...Youd think youd show a little compassion, because even you have to know that nobody on this forum has been "bitched out" or laughed at more than yourself...So save the insults - youre the very last person to insult anybody.

booker fuck you
you can go to hell
u want to get bitched out
i have bitten my tongue with you long enough
u want to egg me on here ya go
sorry jarmo and mods but this has to be said
you want to ban for me a week, a month what ever that is fine ill take my medicine like a man

booker
u must have no fucking life and way too much time on your hands
u love to try and bait people because you get off on it
and im tired of you doing this to the whole board
u are the most hated person on this board without a doubt and most people on here dont even respect you
we all know the reason you come here is to pick apart peoples statements, twist their words and just start shit to get threads out of control
you ruin pretty much every pro new gnr thread with your antics
grow the fuck up, and get a life
the board would be better off with you

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2004, 10:35:31 PM »

Let's not hate on Mother Goose. I do enjoy MG's flute sounds on The Blues.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2004, 10:38:28 PM »

Daves right, he is zero credablity? Shocked

Yeah, like 6 months?? And GNR was opening for The Cult in ''87, so I think its safe to call Matt an AFD-era friend...

But really, the bottom-line is that a drummer, in a band like GNR anyway, is always more important than a keyboard player.? No debating it...

ITs was not very good.

2) Todd has said that he had a great time working with Slash.? He didnt like that he wasnt picked, but he never called Slash difficult or unpleasent to work with.? If he did, go ahead and post the quote.? In fact, find anybody whos had a hard time working with Slash.

booker fuck you
you can go to hell
u want to get bitched out
i have bitten my tongue with you long enough
u want to egg me on here ya go
sorry jarmo and mods but this has to be said
you want to ban for me a week, a month what ever that is fine ill take my medicine like a man

booker
u must have no fucking life and way too much time on your hands
u love to try and bait people because you get off on it
and im tired of you doing this to the whole board
u are the most hated person on this board without a doubt and most people on here dont even respect you
we all know the reason you come here is to pick apart peoples statements, twist their words and just start shit to get threads out of control
you ruin pretty much every pro new gnr thread with your antics
grow the fuck up, and get a life
the board would be better off with you

Please get back to the topic...Thanks  ok
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2004, 10:46:35 PM »

"2) Todd has said that he had a great time working with Slash.? He didnt like that he wasnt picked, but he never called Slash difficult or unpleasent to work with.? If he did, go ahead and post the quote.? In fact, find anybody whos had a hard time working with Slash."

Josh Todd said slash was bad to work with because everything something worked slash would just nix it because it worked. But I am sure you forgot that right?

"However, attention to Todd's success with his new group has not come without competition from the rumors circling his relationship with Velvet Revolver. There were allegations that some of the songs which Todd and Nelson wrote with the Gunners ended up, uncredited, on VR's Contraband, and that relations between Todd and Slash have been anything but friendly.
?I get so frustrated with this,? Todd sighs. ?People have made a bigger deal over this than almost anything else I've done.? The controversy began In April 2002 at the benefit for the family of Randy Castillo, former Ozzy and M?tley Cr?e drummer, who died of cancer. Slash, Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan asked Todd and Nelson to join them onstage as the night's main act.
?We're still friends. Afterwards, there was this huge buzz going around. It was a time when Keith and I were still writing songs for a third Buckcherry album and Slash and Duff were writing songs, and there was talk like, why not form a band? After Slash sh*t-canned the whole thing did what they were doing became a project later. He just didn't want me as a singer, that's all there is to it. He had decisions that he had to make you know, we all do. It was just a month out of my life,? Todd says. But the rumor that VR is currently using a Buckcherry tune on their album is actually true. "

so what does anything but friendly mean to you

As for a drummer being more important than a keyboard playing that is simply untrue. The drummer is the least important and everyone knows that.
Gnr have gone through 4 drummers, and? in? most bands the drummer is always the first to go.
You think keyboard players are not important, maybe you should check out a little band called THE DOORS.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 11:00:12 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2004, 10:55:15 PM »

I am dying to hear what the songs with Keith and Josh sound like.  I like VR, but something about Josh Todd's voice is simply awesome.  It is so raw.  One of my favorite songs off of Contraband is Dirty Little Thing.  A song co-written by Keith Nelson.  They are straight up rock.  We will never know what could have been.  Oh well, I am happy with VR.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2004, 10:57:04 PM »

The reason slash didnt want Josh is because Josh isnt a big name and slash knew with weiland they would sell more albums, it was not about making the best album possible, it was about selling out and picking the singer fans would flock to more.  That is also why they didnt pick their best friend S. Back.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2004, 11:00:15 PM »

I concur.  Weiland puts on a good show.  Josh Todd would have been my choice though.  Weilands vocals just can't match Slash's solo's the way Axl's could.  Anyway, wrong post in the wrong section.  Sorry.  Back to topic, Dizzy is a dork that got lucky to be in the biggest band in the world.  Good keyboard player?  sure.  Just a glorified session player. 
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2004, 11:01:51 PM »

Dizzy helped write  a lot on CD and his talents will be shown on the album.
If dizzy is a glorified session player what is matt? He NEVER wrote one note in guns  n roses.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2004, 11:02:37 PM »

Josh Todd said slash was bad to work with because everything something worked slash would just nix it because it worked. But I am sure you forgot that right?

Actually, I dont remember that.  Maybe you could post that up to (in the VR section).

"However, attention to Todd's success with his new group has not come without competition from the rumors circling his relationship with Velvet Revolver. There were allegations that some of the songs which Todd and Nelson wrote with the Gunners ended up, uncredited, on VR's Contraband, and that relations between Todd and Slash have been anything but friendly.
?I get so frustrated with this,? Todd sighs. ?People have made a bigger deal over this than almost anything else I've done.? The controversy began In April 2002 at the benefit for the family of Randy Castillo, former Ozzy and M?tley Cr?e drummer, who died of cancer. Slash, Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan asked Todd and Nelson to join them onstage as the night's main act.
?We're still friends. Afterwards, there was this huge buzz going around. It was a time when Keith and I were still writing songs for a third Buckcherry album and Slash and Duff were writing songs, and there was talk like, why not form a band? After Slash sh*t-canned the whole thing did what they were doing became a project later. He just didn't want me as a singer, that's all there is to it. He had decisions that he had to make you know, we all do. It was just a month out of my life,? Todd says. But the rumor that VR is currently using a Buckcherry tune on their album is actually true. "

Huh

It doesnt mean anything since the writer wrote that...Todd said nothing in that quote about Slash being hard to work with.  Hes not thrilled about not being chosen, but actually expresses understanding of VRs decision - way to prove your point.

As for a drummer being more important than a keyboard playing that is simply untrue.
Gnr have gone through 4 drummers, and most bands the drummer is always the first to go.
You think keyboard players are not important, maybe you should check out a little band called THE DOORS.

What does the number of drummers have to do with anything?  Theyve gone through a number of guitarists as well - that must mean the keyboardist is more important than guitar, right?

Keyboardists are important in some rock bands, but rarely are they ever as important as a drummer.  And GNR isnt the Doors.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2004, 11:04:22 PM »

jesus christ its just a godamn message board...quit being such pussies.

poop
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2004, 11:06:32 PM »

i actually like chris pittman and his contributions
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004, 11:06:58 PM »

in essence the same could be said for Matt.  You are correct.  Matt and Dizzy are about the same I guess.  Gilby may have been a replacement, but he was the coolest of the replacements.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2004, 11:07:34 PM »

Actually, I dont remember that.? Maybe you could post that up to (in the VR section).

Huh

It doesnt mean anything since the writer wrote that...Todd said nothing in that quote about Slash being hard to work with.? Hes not thrilled about not being chosen, but actually expresses understanding of VRs decision - way to prove your point.

As for a drummer being more important than a keyboard playing that is simply untrue.
Gnr have gone through 4 drummers, and most bands the drummer is always the first to go.

What does the number of drummers have to do with anything?? Theyve gone through a number of guitarists as well - that must mean the keyboardist is more important than guitar, right?

Keyboardists are important in some rock bands, but rarely are they ever as important as a drummer.? And GNR isnt the Doors.

Booker you asked for proof about the josh todd thing and I gave it, but like always you just want to ignore it and dismiss it, i guess you really dont know what anything but friendly intails.

And booker you and I both know what josh said about slashing just nixing stuff because it works.
IM not going to look up the exact quote, i did it last year when you asked for it.
That is just your bad memory acting up again.

And yes gnr are not the doors they are better.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2004, 11:08:40 PM »

in essence the same could be said for Matt.? You are correct.? Matt and Dizzy are about the same I guess.? Gilby may have been a replacement, but he was the coolest of the replacements.

Gibly was the perfect example of a work for hire.
He was just hired to play live with the band and that was it.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2004, 11:15:10 PM »

dave, you are right about what Josh Todd said.  I read it as well.  Clash of the egos.  Booker, dave's memory is correct this once. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2004, 11:58:26 PM »

I just cannot take Dizzy seriously. I have ZERO interest in seeing him play live. I'm sorry, but Dizzy means NOTHING in the real history and legacy of Guns n' Roses. He's a yes man, that's why he's still around. Robin, Tommy, Brain - they are smart enough to make money using Axl and the GnR name, and they too are probably "yes" men. But hey, they're making money, and if this thing ever does sail, they'll be there....
I cant take peopel like you seriously. Robin, Tommy,Brain,Fortus, pittman,dizzy and even bucket are not Yes men. You are so clueless its not even funny. First off, read the quotes that come from people who worked witht he band. They have said and so have the members that this is a total band effort. In fact, in case you havtn known, Robin and Axl have had fights in the past, and Robin has walked out because of it. And if Bucket was a "yes man" why did he leave? Its al garbage. Axl might control the business side of the band but musically its a band effort. So please get a clue.
Tommy is  apunk legend is all about the music. In no way shape or form would he use the GNR name to sell his own records. If that was the case, why did it take him 5 yrs to put out an album and "exploit" the gnr name? BUt think what you want...

As for what JOsh Todd said about Slash...its true what Dave said...soemthing to the effect of the material was good...and then Slash canned it because "it would work"...I remember someone else saying the same thing....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2004, 12:26:22 AM »

Dizzy: Dont hate him, dont love him...whatever
Erin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: