Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:16:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....  (Read 25143 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2004, 10:46:19 PM »

Man, I totally agree with that opening post !
And that comment about Slash not being easy to work with: Josh kinda angry, because he lost the slot to Scott in VR, so it's not strange of him to say something negativ about Slash.. But Slash have worked with hundreds of musicians and producers and so on, and from what I have seen, they all have only good things to say about him...He is honest, and friendly, and very social, the opposite of Axl. And Dizzy is a yes man, he also used to kiss Slash, and Duff's asses, before they were out of GnR.

slash is not honest
i have proven that time and time again
slash is one of the biggest liars in rock music

and if im? not mistaken,? everyone but slash and duff have said how great axl is to work with and how friendly he is
so show me where someone other than the orginal gnr have said anything bad about axl

because josh freese left the band to go to APC and he had great things to say about Axl.
Brian May worked with Axl, same thing.

Out of the old band, Axl is the only person who story has remained pretty much the same.
slash and duffs have changed a lot of times.
And what slash and duff say contract what izzys says.

So i think you have things mixed up there bud.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 10:48:45 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2004, 05:28:08 AM »

Man, I totally agree with that opening post !
And that comment about Slash not being easy to work with: Josh kinda angry, because he lost the slot to Scott in VR, so it's not strange of him to say something negativ about Slash.. But Slash have worked with hundreds of musicians and producers and so on, and from what I have seen, they all have only good things to say about him...He is honest, and friendly, and very social, the opposite of Axl. And Dizzy is a yes man, he also used to kiss Slash, and Duff's asses, before they were out of GnR.

slash is not honest
i have proven that time and time again
slash is one of the biggest liars in rock music

and if im? not mistaken,? everyone but slash and duff have said how great axl is to work with and how friendly he is
so show me where someone other than the orginal gnr have said anything bad about axl

because josh freese left the band to go to APC and he had great things to say about Axl.
Brian May worked with Axl, same thing.

Out of the old band, Axl is the only person who story has remained pretty much the same.
slash and duffs have changed a lot of times.
And what slash and duff say contract what izzys says.

So i think you have things mixed up there bud.

WHAT Huh?
How the fuck have you proven that Slash is a big liar? He still have a soft spot for Axl, and he defends him all the time when reporters or the audience go at Axl to strong. Go listen to the interview with Slash on BBC that he did recently, and you will hear it for yourself. By the way, how long have you been a fan of GnR ? 2,3,4 years maybe? Because it dosen't look like you know about the band, and how they were to eachothers in the 85-96 period...

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2004, 09:15:35 AM »

WHAT Huh?
How the fuck have you proven that Slash is a big liar? He still have a soft spot for Axl, and he defends him all the time when reporters or the audience go at Axl to strong. Go listen to the interview with Slash on BBC that he did recently, and you will hear it for yourself. By the way, how long have you been a fan of GnR ? 2,3,4 years maybe? Because it dosen't look like you know about the band, and how they were to eachothers in the 85-96 period...

Well, I think that everybody is lying. However, it's funny that Slash has a soft spot for Axl, and he hates him at the same time.(BTM)
Back on topic, I think that Dizzy is great for the band, because he only plays on GNR or in his new band, and he doesn't say that he was very important in the old days. Unlike a certain drummer, that thinks is the best drummer in the world, and that he is a original member of GNR. I would bet that he would say: "Who's Steve?"  smoking
SisterMorphine
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2004, 11:26:20 AM »

I have never counted Dizzy as one of the band, he is like Teddy ZigZag Andreadis an extra hand you don't mind and is useful to have around.  Grin
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2004, 05:16:43 PM »

Dave, the only thing you've proven is that you think you've proven a lot more than you've actually proven, which is really nothing.? Quit being so self-aggrandizing.

Oh so all the times i have shown slash contradict himself in every other interview and slashing saying he knows for a fact that only two songs on CD have vocals done is not proof enough?
Of coarse its not because people dont want to see slash for what he really is, and that is a bold face liar

If that is so, then no slash fan could ever been shown enough evidence that he is not truthful.
But the fact is, everyone knows slash is a liar, but slash fans just lie to themselves about it.

So tell me this,? what do you call a person that changes their story all the time depending on which day it is, a person who contradicts himself every time about things that happened in the past?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 05:19:51 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2004, 05:23:43 PM »

Dave, the only thing you've proven is that you think you've proven a lot more than you've actually proven, which is really nothing.? Quit being so self-aggrandizing.

Oh so all the times i have shown slash contradict himself in every other interview and slashing saying he knows for a fact that only two songs on CD have vocals done is not proof enough?
Of coarse its not because people dont want to see slash for what he really is, and that is a bold face liar

If that is so, then no slash fan could ever been shown enough evidence that he is not truthful.
But the fact is, everyone knows slash is a liar, but slash fans just lie to themselves about it.

So tell me this,? what do you call a person that changes their story all the time depending on which day it is, a person who contradicts himself every time about things that happened in the past?

What the hell are u talkin' about, sunshine? Sure slash lies, but who in this business dosn't? I'm a slash fan but im not denying that slash lies. everybody does. slash defends axl, and his hate for axl has diminished over the years, but its still there. still, dont go around saying " o slash n duff are the biggest lairs on the plaent" and shit like that. your partilly right, but not fully.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Elrothiel
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2004, 10:15:27 PM »

I just cannot take Dizzy seriously. I have ZERO interest in seeing him play live. I'm sorry, but Dizzy means NOTHING in the real history and legacy of Guns n' Roses. He's a yes man, that's why he's still around. Robin, Tommy, Brain - they are smart enough to make money using Axl and the GnR name, and they too are probably "yes" men. But hey, they're making money, and if this thing ever does sail, they'll be there....

.... But I cannot stand seeing Dizzy thinking he is part of Guns n Roses, he's NOT!! At the 2 shows I was at in 2002, he got loud applause......can i ask a question.....WHY, FOR WHAT??? Slash and Duff probably have NO RESPECT for him. He's a tag-along....he's not important, at all. The Blues is a good song, but that intro is kinda gay anyway. the song is cool, but mostly b/c of the outro and the verse chord changes. the piano part is kinda gay....its no axl masterpiece. I'm sorry, he's just annoying, thinking he's part of GnR.

Matt, to me, is part of GnR. Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven, Izzy....part of GnR. Shit man, I even feel like Gilby is more a part of GnR then Dizzy. During Paradise City, he used to play the tamborine LOLOL. He's useless....I guess we'll find out if CD ever comes how important he is, but to me, he gets no respect. he's NOT gnr....never will be.

You prefer Matt Sorum over Dizzy Reed!? Oh dear, and when you say you have no respect for him, think about this: Imagine yourself in his shoes, when you're the one who has to go up on stage and play for thousands of people, all the while knowing that there are people like you out there. Would you go out there? I don't think you would.
Anyway, anyone who's ever played in Guns N' Roses is a part of Guns N' Roses. Sure, they may not be THE most important part, but does that really matter? What matters is whether or not they can play their instruments!
And one more thing before I go: What gives you the right to say who isn't a part of Guns N' Roses? Are you in the band? Probably not. So keep yer yap shut, and show respect to ALL members of GnR. They all deserve it! EVEN Matt Sorum! Even though I think he's a prick, he's still a part of Guns! There is no denying it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2004, 11:10:37 PM »

I just cannot take Dizzy seriously. I have ZERO interest in seeing him play live. I'm sorry, but Dizzy means NOTHING in the real history and legacy of Guns n' Roses. He's a yes man, that's why he's still around. Robin, Tommy, Brain - they are smart enough to make money using Axl and the GnR name, and they too are probably "yes" men. But hey, they're making money, and if this thing ever does sail, they'll be there....

.... But I cannot stand seeing Dizzy thinking he is part of Guns n Roses, he's NOT!! At the 2 shows I was at in 2002, he got loud applause......can i ask a question.....WHY, FOR WHAT??? Slash and Duff probably have NO RESPECT for him. He's a tag-along....he's not important, at all. The Blues is a good song, but that intro is kinda gay anyway. the song is cool, but mostly b/c of the outro and the verse chord changes. the piano part is kinda gay....its no axl masterpiece. I'm sorry, he's just annoying, thinking he's part of GnR.

Matt, to me, is part of GnR. Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven, Izzy....part of GnR. Shit man, I even feel like Gilby is more a part of GnR then Dizzy. During Paradise City, he used to play the tamborine LOLOL. He's useless....I guess we'll find out if CD ever comes how important he is, but to me, he gets no respect. he's NOT gnr....never will be.

You prefer Matt Sorum over Dizzy Reed!? Oh dear, and when you say you have no respect for him, think about this: Imagine yourself in his shoes, when you're the one who has to go up on stage and play for thousands of people, all the while knowing that there are people like you out there. Would you go out there? I don't think you would.
Anyway, anyone who's ever played in Guns N' Roses is a part of Guns N' Roses. Sure, they may not be THE most important part, but does that really matter? What matters is whether or not they can play their instruments!
And one more thing before I go: What gives you the right to say who isn't a part of Guns N' Roses? Are you in the band? Probably not. So keep yer yap shut, and show respect to ALL members of GnR. They all deserve it! EVEN Matt Sorum! Even though I think he's a prick, he's still a part of Guns! There is no denying it.

Here is something to ponder.
Dizzy has been in guns n roses longer than slash, duff, izzy and matt.

TK1
Headliner

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2004, 11:19:14 PM »

I'm not sure Slash or Axl deliberately lie; I think they just have their own versions of what they felt happened.  Maybe the new guys speak much better of Axl than Slash and Duff, but I think it's safe to say Axl has mellowed a bit since his UYI days.  He's not the biggest star on the planet anymore.  I know most of us love Axl, but it's hard to deny he could be very difficult to work with back in the day.  The Axl that Tommy and Robin work with sounds nothing like the one Slash, Duff and Izzy knew...

I think it's interesting that Slash almost treats Axl like a distant brother in interviews.  He can voice his frustration with Axl but if the media does, he seems to alwasy stand up for him.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2004, 11:32:39 PM »

Slash has definately got his stories mixed up on more than one occassion, there's no denying
it.  I attribute most of his misgivings to the sheer fact he's lost a ton of brain cells over the years and he probably doesn't remember what the hell he said in the first place.   My theory has no basis in fact whatsoever, just speculating.  His image within the rock community sure hasn't suffered from it, he's a respected guy within his peer group and his stature hasn't diminished in the least.

As for Dizzy, it's hard for me to take any keyboard player seriously, they're just so uncool...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2004, 12:13:55 AM »

booker fuck you
you can go to hell
u want to get bitched out
i have bitten my tongue with you long enough
u want to egg me on here ya go
sorry jarmo and mods but this has to be said
you want to ban for me a week, a month what ever that is fine ill take my medicine like a man

booker
u must have no fucking life and way too much time on your hands
u love to try and bait people because you get off on it
and im tired of you doing this to the whole board
u are the most hated person on this board without a doubt and most people on here dont even respect you
we all know the reason you come here is to pick apart peoples statements, twist their words and just start shit to get threads out of control
you ruin pretty much every pro new gnr thread with your antics
grow the fuck up, and get a life
the board would be better off with you
]

Proof there that Jarmo is a bias moderator and as long as you have the same point of view as him you can get away with whatever the fuck you want. Anyone else would have been banned for alot less than the nonsense Dave does around here. It's pretty pathetic Jarmo? Roll Eyes . But that's what this board is about.....

Anyway, I never liked Dizzy.? I was pretty indifferent to him during the Illusions albums at first .? Personally I thought he always came accross as a tool in interviews.? Never really thought there was a purpose for him except maybe for some use touring.? Now I can't stand him and find him pretty pathetic.? I really have no likes or dislikes about anyone in the new GnR except him. The rest of them are just there. Dizzy seems to try and take alot of credit for the Gn'R legacy and I just don't see it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 01:26:40 AM by tomass74 » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2004, 12:58:54 AM »

tomass
if anyone is pathetic in interviews its matt.
He is the biggest tool that was ever in gnr.

As for your comments about me, use PM's next time, thanks  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 01:05:55 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2004, 02:23:39 AM »

Here is something to ponder.
Dizzy has been in guns n roses longer than slash, duff, izzy and matt.

Wake up, you are totally confused. It's not fucking marxism, quality is much more important than quantity. Paul Huge had been in GN'R for 8 years, Izzy for 6 years. GN'R hasn't released anything new material for 13 years. Thanks God, at least we have Dizzy, although it absolutely doesn't count, 'cause there is no new album. Nuff said.

It's really boring how much you hate Slash and you occasionally deny the value of his cotribution to GN'R. Everyone knows your opinion, but it's only an opinion, what you want to believe, and not a fact. Don't forget it. Maybe he lied when said that GN'R has only a couple of songs completed. Maybe he was misled and didn't check his info. Maybe he didn't lie, 'cause there is no proof that GN'R recorded at least one full song. You can think what you want, but reality can be different.  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2004, 02:49:08 AM »

Proof there that Jarmo is a bias moderator and as long as you have the same point of view as him you can get away with whatever the fuck you want. Anyone else would have been banned for alot less than the nonsense Dave does around here. It's pretty pathetic Jarmo? Roll Eyes . But that's what this board is about.....

Tomass74... Shut up. /J was on holiday and his no1 concern on a holiday really shouldn't be watching that kids here behave themselves. Dave was warned about it, and he stopped.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2004, 06:37:14 AM »

Tomass74... Shut up. /J was on holiday and his no1 concern on a holiday really shouldn't be watching that kids here behave themselves. Dave was warned about it, and he stopped.

Whatever, people have been banned for the same crap that he is always pulling.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2004, 07:34:49 AM »

Thanks, next time I'm away from home for a few days I'll put the board in maintenance mode so I don't have to deal with certain people bitching about what I didn't do.  ok

You're the right person to talk, I even let you back after you were banned......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2004, 06:32:33 PM »

Whatever, people have been banned for the same crap that he is always pulling.

Ah so it doesnt matter that booker likes to bait people until they tell him off right?
Tomass look at it this way.
I get along with pretty much everyone on this board but booker.
Booker fights with a lot of people.
And I am the one that should be banned.? Roll Eyes

People like  you band booker hates any person that likes the new band over the old.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 06:34:08 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2004, 07:22:28 PM »

^^

Disagreeing is different from not getting along with.

And its not my place to say who the other people are. We all know who they are.
Anyways time to get back on topic.
Take this to PMs if u want to discuss this further.
Thx

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2004, 08:09:34 PM »

booker unjustly called me a racist; I took immense offense to this and will not respond to his remarks ever again. That guy needs to be seriously talked to about some of his behavior.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2004, 09:58:59 PM »

Where's hnb? Is he embarrassed I called his bluff?  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: