Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:32:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hired Guns?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hired Guns?  (Read 25197 times)
Warren
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2005, 04:56:08 AM »

It is obvious that the new band are a bunch of hired musicians that were picked for their talent and picked to fill a very specific role within the band.? Is it possible that the original lineup was the same?? How much input did the old Gunners have?? Has it been the Axl show all along?? I know that their are others credited for writing songs but it could have been 99% Rose and 1% Slash or whoever.? All the old guys had very spelled out parts to play and some were easily replaced (Izzy for Gilby).? Is there any weight to this or am I hallucinating madly?

You are hallucinating madly...
Slash and Izzy's contributions were huge as far music is concerned. Axl's contribution was more about the lyrics...

nugnr is not a gang, they are hired musicians. That means Axl is doing a solo album, like it or not. Cool

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2005, 09:10:48 AM »

gnr is not a gang, they are hired musicians. That means Axl is doing a solo album, like it or not. Cool

Because in your mind that's what it is and nothing can make you change your mind.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fife flyer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2005, 10:40:07 AM »

For all the people who dont get it ill give my opinion ( but remember its just my opinion ).

New GNR are not hired help, at least no more than Matt and Gilby/ also Tracie Guns was an original member so one of Duff, Slash, or Izzy would have to be listed as a hired gun aswell.

The current members of GNR have every reason to leave GNR because of the lact of activity ( that we know of ).
They have chose to stick with Axl because they believe in him and the music.That makes them a band to me, bands stick together even through the hard times.Robin appears to have vanished off the face of the Earth, my bet is that he is heavily involved in GNRs follow up to CD or getting ready for a future tour, we all know he wasn,t at his best for the last tour.

So to sum up: Every band will have members that could be considerd hired help.

The old GNR line up is history, for some that is sad,not for me.I look forward to the music that the new line up can give me ( gets on knees and prays its soon )

New GNR have my backing and support as do the old line up in the projects they choose. ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2005, 11:05:06 AM »

Monomania?? Goes right against the spirit of Guns N' Roses essentially.  Wink

to Mikkamakka n Falcon
headbanger  headbanger

So me alone love Rhiad...
To me Rhiad is the most interesting material where I sense an embryonic new breed of Rock.
It may not breed true to type tho.
madagas
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2005, 11:07:45 AM »

I love Rhiad too..sounds to me like  modern Led Zepellin.  peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2005, 11:21:46 AM »

I love Rhiad too..sounds to me like  modern Led Zepellin.  peace
yeah, man! headbanger
it's like
Led Zepellin sans self-intoxication and indulgence.
Led Zepellin with the eyes open wide.
Warren
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2005, 04:24:12 AM »

nugnr is not a gang, they are hired musicians. That means Axl is doing a solo album, like it or not. Cool

Because in your mind that's what it is and nothing can make you change your mind.

/jarmo

Hopefully, this thought is not just in my mind...

You know, there is a cover band in my neighborhood called "Black Rose" that plays every Guns N'Roses song better than nugnr...

When non-professional cover bands can play these songs better than nugnr, then we have a big problem ! Undecided
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2005, 10:05:19 AM »

I love Rhiad too..sounds to me like? modern Led Zepellin.? peace

really.. The live versions I have heard axl's whale sounds horrible.. One of the few live songs where he can only be saved by the studio.. Maybe retired zepplin tribute band
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2005, 11:31:21 AM »

You know, there is a cover band in my neighborhood called "Black Rose" that plays every Guns N'Roses song better than nugnr...

When non-professional cover bands can play these songs better than nugnr, then we have a big problem ! Undecided
really.. The live versions I have heard axl's whale sounds horrible.. One of the few live songs where he can only be saved by the studio.. Maybe retired zepplin tribute band
I'm sure you two up there n yours don't have to worry about Chinese Democracy. All you have to do is dip down in to your record collection and pull out Trixter, Kix, Ratt, Poison, and Faster Pussycat for never ending hours upon hours of endless enjoyment. Or go listen to the cover bands and live in the recollection of good old days  Roll Eyes

And mike I guess you know nothing about Zep.

To Madagas, I borrowed your great Axiam without asking you. I hope you don't mind.  Tongue
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2005, 12:37:31 PM »

I know enough about zepplin to judge it to what I was comparing it too..  I think the song has terrible sound from what I have heard live.. It start with the ohs, then it sounds like a bunch of high pitch squealing..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2005, 04:03:22 PM »

So, mike you've heard enough Led Zeppelin live to judge it to what you are comparing it, right?   confused
I've seen only one film n heard a boot of Zep live. Honestly Riyadh sounds far better than them.

Explain me how come a bunch of high pitch squealing makes the band a "retired Zeppelin tribute band"?
Led Zeppelin will be a "half asleep GN'R" if GN'R makes it, I'd say That doesn't mean anything bad for Zep.

You should listen to the osaka one.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2005, 05:19:58 PM »

I am talking axl vs plant in one part of the song, the intro.. The two whales from the two songs. The ohh compared to the ahhhhaa just was what I was comparing it to in relation to zepplin..  Just the intro and nothing else..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2005, 01:21:43 PM »

I am talking axl vs plant in one part of the song, the intro.. The two whales from the two songs. The ohh compared to the ahhhhaa just was what I was comparing it to in relation to zepplin..  Just the intro and nothing else..
So you can't compare the band/the music to retired Zeppelin tribute band just for how you think of the vocal part of "ohh". it's just a part of the whole vocal part and a part is not the whole band.
You should hear the whole song in question.
Again you're missing the wood for a tree, mate.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2005, 02:09:15 PM »

The only copy of Rhiad I've heard is Vegas '01 and it's really bad quality, I don't know if i'm allowed to post this but would anyone be so kind as to send me a better copy? Which version is the best one btw?

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2005, 02:01:52 PM »

The only copy of Rhiad I've heard is Vegas '01 and it's really bad quality, I don't know if i'm allowed to post this but would anyone be so kind as to send me a better copy? Which version is the best one btw?

Ive misplaced it or Id send it, but my personal fav is the performance from London '02..its just too wicked. To me, Rhiad sounds like its inspired to a certain extent by D'yer Maker while were on the topic of Zeppelin. Not with just all the "ohs" but even the melodic vibe of the song with a reformulated edge.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
madagas
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2005, 02:18:22 PM »

That London 02 version is best, pretty good quality too. I only heard it a few times then the person who had it took it down. Chinese Democracy at that same show was incredible as well. PPBEBE, people like Mike just don't get it. They like their rock one way and one way only. Any type of change from a guitar- bass -drum set up is just too complicated for them. It's AFD retreads or nothing. Why people like Mike post about this anymore is beyond me-frustrated individuals on multiple levels.  Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2005, 02:58:17 PM »

Yeah, though Qualitywise Osaka one is the best version available, me too prefer the performance from London n pukkelpop for the great energy n atmosphere.
Any type of change from a guitar- bass -drum set up is just too complicated for them. It's AFD retreads or nothing.
rofl rofl

Hey, We've got use for them. We need jokes. Well sometimes.

To me, Rhiad sounds like its inspired to a certain extent by D'yer Maker while were on the topic of Zeppelin. Not with just all the "ohs" but even the melodic vibe of the song with a reformulated edge.

Cheesy D'yer Maker...that regga one?

To me the song sounds as if the "Immigrant" goes to "Kashmir" on a "night flight" but not on trip.

madagas
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2005, 03:19:02 PM »

Immigrant Song meets Trampled Under Foot (electronic-keyboard groove part). Vocal is straight up Immigrant Song. Madagascar definitely has a Zep feel. The Blues is just UYI Gnr. Chinese Democracy sounds slightly grungy with the guitar, but , again, the electronic keyboard rhythm takes it to kind of it's own sound (probably the most original of the new songs). Silkworms is just industrial guitars with a punk/hardcore vocal as is OMG. Just my two cents.  peace
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: