Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR references on Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR references on Conan O'Brien  (Read 25402 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« on: August 11, 2004, 12:53:24 AM »

Just watching Conan......he was doing his analogies.............it was Metallica is the the documentary SOME kind of monster......as Axl Rose is to "Some kind of busboy".....then he goes now it works like Axl will call me and be like you shouldn't have done that (in axl's screetchy voice) then he sings a little paradise city.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 12:55:13 AM »

He is just bitter.  Conan is not even funny.  Btw from what I heard, the metallica movie makes the band look like pussies.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 12:56:18 AM »

Ya he was like shes got eyes of the bluest skies, it was good though. Publicity is good , Conan was good, sorta true too in a way cause Axl complained about Conan at Madison I think and Conan was their or rumoured to be.

Fuck All Y'all
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 12:56:55 AM »

Yeah Conan surely does like to pick on Axl. MEtallica are pussies, Any rock band that wants to have a documentary on the big screen to make some extra money should be in a class with SPINAL TAP. There I said it

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 12:57:29 AM »

yeah just the previews of the movie was pretty gay.  Lars is all growling in Hetfields face when they're fighting or some shit.  But no I was just saying the crowd got a pretty good rise of axl's expense so that wasn't a good moment for him

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 12:58:42 AM »

It was all good fun , but ya he does. I  think Axl will probs show GNR on Letterman first and then Leno. I dont know if he would do Conan.

But hey hes getting mentioned which is pretty cool,  maybe hinting that they know something might be happening soon.

Fuck All Y'all
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 01:00:43 AM »

right chinese democracy starts now!!! all because of conan mentioning axl on the show!!!!   ok

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 01:04:14 AM »

Any press is a plus, its when they stop talking about Axl we need to worry.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 01:06:56 AM »

right chinese democracy starts now!!! all because of conan mentioning axl on the show!!!!? ?ok

I ment that Conan show, knows about all the rumours regarding November. anyhow...

Fuck All Y'all
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 01:09:36 AM »

Talk about looking for a conspiracy where there isn't any...I thought it was pretty funny.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 01:16:19 AM »

Glad that the good ol' boy is still in the news Smiley
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 01:29:13 AM »

conan is fucking hillarious

poop
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 01:45:29 AM »

conan kicks ass, nothing wrong with a little joke about axl

metallica are bitches, didnt dave mustaine use to whip their asses

imagine slash or someone screamin in axls face like that, i bet they'd be knocked out

i wish i had seen that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 01:46:17 AM »

Conan is definitely my favourite late night talk show host...he seems to appeal to a younger demographic than Jay Leno.  I laughed out loud at the "Some Kind of Bus Boy" joke, because, hell, it's funny, and it's partly true, in that Axl is no longer the biggest rock 'n' roll star in the world.  I love it when anybody mentions Axl or Guns N' Roses, but Conan's done it a few times.  Aside from tonight's joke, there was also this time where the band played Air Supply and he did an Axl-type snake dance (explicitly mentioning it as such).  And the time Slash did a "Celebrity Secrets" segment.

Overanalysis?  Yes.  But it was funny, is all I'm saying.  hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 01:49:46 AM »

Conan is definitely my favourite late night talk show host...he seems to appeal to a younger demographic than Jay Leno.? I laughed out loud at the "Some Kind of Bus Boy" joke, because, hell, it's funny, and it's partly true, in that Axl is no longer the biggest rock 'n' roll star in the world.? I love it when anybody mentions Axl or Guns N' Roses, but Conan's done it a few times.? Aside from tonight's joke, there was also this time where the band played Air Supply and he did an Axl-type snake dance (explicitly mentioning it as such).? And the time Slash did a "Celebrity Secrets" segment.

Overanalysis?? Yes.? But it was funny, is all I'm saying.? hihi

Kilborn is much better than Conan. And Axl has been in hiding for a few years again, so of coarse he is not going to be the biggest rock star in the world, but he will be again once CD drops.  Just look at what happened when he did the VMAs a few years ago.  One of the highest rated MTV VMAs segements ever.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2004, 01:55:25 AM »

Axl busted his balls back and the MSG show right? With Conan in attendence right?

Now it's Conan's turn.

No big deal.

You guys who get your panties in a wad over this crack me up. I may cancel cable and just post threads like "Axl is a crybaby" and watch the sparks fly.... hihi
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 02:03:41 AM »

conan is funny, hey he just does what every other comedian does and that is poke fun at things in his life and pop culture to get people to laugh.  so what he poked fun at axl, its not like he said something really bad about him, he just pointed out something obvious in a funny way about someone who use to be the bigest dog in town when it came to rockstars.  And dude Axl cant be the biggest rock star out there cause he really isnt out there, but whne he is he grabs the spotlight, like dave-gnfnr2k said look at the VMA segment which was not axls best performance, all though i found it very exciting, yet was still one of the highest rated segments in VMA history so i wouldnt worry about it or give it much importance all thgouh im sure axl will go on a rant which could be funny

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 05:50:24 AM »

Ya! conan does what every comedian doe's except he is no good at it. How that guy stays on tv I will never know.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 07:42:47 AM »

Huh

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 07:44:05 AM »

Conan is funny.  Even Axl has to be able to laugh at himself.  Hopefully, Axl will have the last laugh though.

Ritz Reeves III
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: