Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR references on Conan O'Brien
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR references on Conan O'Brien  (Read 25394 times)
Annie
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 08:48:56 AM »

I didn't see the show, but I have absolutely no respect for someone, Conan, who won't even acknowledge his own son who looks just like him. no
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 08:57:51 AM »

conan is fucking hillarious

Agreed.  He is hysterical ... definately the best of the lste night hosts.  Letterman is the weakest.  His bit gets old fast.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2004, 10:11:50 AM »

Conan rules, and what he said is perfectly acceptable given that Axl hasnt done anything.
Ofcourse he can still drop CD and rock da world but its still in the wait-and-see category.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2004, 10:47:32 AM »

I don't know, I never really liked O'Brien, even before I've seen his Axl "jokes". I prefer Jay Leno.

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2004, 11:30:57 AM »

Huh

Conan O'brian.. not Conan the barbarian..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2004, 11:49:31 AM »

Kilborn is much better than Conan. And Axl has been in hiding for a few years again, so of coarse he is not going to be the biggest rock star in the world, but he will be again once CD drops.? Just look at what happened when he did the VMAs a few years ago.? One of the highest rated MTV VMAs segements ever.
You have to be kidding me. Kilborn is one of the most boring human beings on the planet. Also, Conan is not a bitter man - he seems to be quite the opposite to me.

And who cares if Axl is going to be big again once CD drops? Doesn't make the joke any less funny, and it's also possible that people will hate CD - that even YOU might hate CD. I can't wait until Kilborn inevitably insults Axl and you go "I FUCKING HATE KILBORN, WHAT A BITTER MAN!"

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2004, 11:58:44 AM »

Kilborn is much better than Conan. And Axl has been in hiding for a few years again, so of coarse he is not going to be the biggest rock star in the world, but he will be again once CD drops.? Just look at what happened when he did the VMAs a few years ago.? One of the highest rated MTV VMAs segements ever.
You have to be kidding me. Kilborn is one of the most boring human beings on the planet. Also, Conan is not a bitter man - he seems to be quite the opposite to me.

And who cares if Axl is going to be big again once CD drops? Doesn't make the joke any less funny, and it's also possible that people will hate CD - that even YOU might hate CD. I can't wait until Kilborn inevitably insults Axl and you go "I FUCKING HATE KILBORN, WHAT A BITTER MAN!"

First off Kilborn has already insulted Axl a few times, so there ya go.
I just dont think that Conan is funny, he is boring as hell and his guest suck.
I just dont think he is that funny, and the axl joke was lame.
If it was funny (like the snl skit) its one thing but the joke sucked.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2004, 01:25:03 PM »

all i got to say to that'
CHEAP SHOT !

the one an only horsey !
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2004, 02:47:25 PM »

Conan should shut the fuck up.  I also dont think Axl needs to go on any of those shows but if he did it should be Letterman.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2004, 03:04:46 PM »

leno rips off of the Howard Stern Show too much. They stole the 'jaywalking bit' as well as Stuttering john himself among other sketches.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

Huh

It's called sarcasm...

In future, whenever you see Anarchy post...try not to take it too seriously...it might be hazardous to your health to do otherwise...

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2004, 04:33:26 PM »

Conan has the best late night show.He did an analogy of him before too.

Eminem is to: Sweeping the Grammies as Axl Rose is to : Sweeping Denny's. rofl
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2004, 04:39:54 PM »

Conan has the best late night show.He did an analogy of him before too.

Eminem is to: Sweeping the Grammies as Axl Rose is to : Sweeping Denny's. rofl

Haha I didn't see that one.  hihi

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2004, 05:04:16 PM »

Huh

It's called sarcasm...

In future, whenever you see Anarchy post...try not to take it too seriously...it might be hazardous to your health to do otherwise...

I will kill you for those words!  rant

beer

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2004, 09:35:12 PM »

It was all good fun , but ya he does. I? think Axl will probs show GNR on Letterman first and then Leno. I dont know if he would do Conan.

But hey hes getting mentioned which is pretty cool,? maybe hinting that they know something might be happening soon.

I don't know for sure, but I doubt that Axl has ever done the late night TV circuit thing. I mean interviews, not just playing. Anyone check me on this?
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2004, 09:35:31 PM »

eminem can suck conan off''''

and jay leno sucks

BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2004, 10:30:43 PM »

I would LOVE to see a documentary with the old GN'R.  Just seeing guys getting wasted and Axl screamin' at everyone. 

Anyway, I agree that any mention of Axl's name is good.  Have any late night hosts made any jokes about Axl's newer look? 

I agree that Craig Kilborn is awful, but NOBODY is as bad as Jimmy Kimmel.  How that guy got a late night show is a mystery...

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2004, 02:19:34 AM »

have a donut conan

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2004, 02:37:02 AM »

I should hope Axl would go on Conan. I would have immense respect for the man if he did. To show that he understands it's just a joke - which is more than some people around here can do - would be one of the best things for Mr. Roses image in a LONG time.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2004, 03:38:57 AM »

Actually Axl and co. played the Fox Late Show in 88 (used to love her and you're crazy)  and conan has made fun of Axl's braids before.  Yeah I think if Axl and Conan got face to face they would have a good laugh.  It's just a good hearted joke, Conan's a huge GNR fan, just misunderstanding of the new look and attire.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: