Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:04:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?  (Read 25321 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: March 15, 2006, 01:01:56 PM »

before we get into someone saying I am wishing axl bad or he's into vr lets go back and say we are ALL axl rose fans otherwise we wouldn't be here... So lets not kid ourselves and say someone is being negative and say lets look at history.. I see tons of european dates which for some reason don't worry me, but when I think of axl being the healine of a tour I really worry that if he fucks this thing up with storming off or coming late which causes a riot that unless he reunites with original lineup his window of oppurtunity has pretty much closed with CD and new gnr..  So shoot from the hip, are you at all worried about someone who has been very flakey just coming back and not having history repeating itself..? So take your devotion to axl that sometimes blinds one and be realistic for at least this topic and express if you worry a bit..  You know after 2002 whoever is promoting them will be watching very carefully, and something can be done prematurely... It's really something to consider.. Will axl survive a world tour ?
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 01:06:12 PM »

very worried!  nervous Especially, without a press release from the band yet.  But being in an outport area where it's impossible I will get to see GNR live, I'm more concerned with GNR not releasing any material.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 01:09:54 PM »

very worried!? nervous Especially, without a press release from the band yet.? But being in an outport area where it's impossible I will get to see GNR live, I'm more concerned with GNR not releasing any material.

now way he is going to do that bullshit he did in 02 calling a cd workd tour with no album also hurting ticket sales.. he may just talk about cd on the european tour and play some new tunes then wait until the homecoming for the actual album..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 01:11:42 PM »

Nope, not worried at all.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »

You heard it hear first, Axl will fuck this tour up....again.  If you're not concerned then you are a moron, my friend.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 01:14:21 PM »

Nope.

I'm certain he can turn up to the shows and sing.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »

You heard it hear first, Axl will fuck this tour up....again.? If you're not concerned then you are a moron, my friend.

Nice...

You do know insulting other members is against the rules, right?

Roll Eyes

I'm not concerned....and I'm certainly not a moron.

Together again,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I mean if you've beena  gnr fan you have to have some serious concerns.. No doubt he can sing his ass off when he makes it, I'm only telling you it only takes one big time fuck up and it could end in a flash
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »

No, seems like they really want to do these shows.

Compare the handfull of shows in Europe and Asia in 2002 to this full tour.

So I'm not more worried about the shows than any other shows I've attended.

Most artists cancel shows at one point (for being sick, natural disasters, problems with the security, ticket sales etc), not just GN'R. But let's hope this one runs smoothly so we don't have to read this kind of threads in the future.

very worried!  nervous Especially, without a press release from the band yet.

There was a press release in 2002 and they still cancelled shows. Just because there hasn't been a press release, doesn't mean they don't want to play the shows....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:20:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 01:20:24 PM »

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I mean if you've beena? gnr fan you have to have some serious concerns.. No doubt he can sing his ass off when he makes it, I'm only telling you it only takes one big time fuck up and it could end in a flash

Been a GnR fan for the better part of 20 years, now.

I'm not worried.

For  precisely the reasons you ARE worried.

I know Axl knows what's riding on this.

This IS, IMHO, the last Train to Clarksville.  He'll be on his best behavior because of that.  I'm less worried about these shows that I have been about any set of shows GnR has ever done, I think.

Together again,
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »

Im with Jarmo on this one but still GNR is not your regular band, everyone has cancelled a show here and there but Axl has a reputation you know, so im worried about that "gnr factor" but im sure the plan is to make it as perfect as possible so someone in the USA will take them.  peace
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 01:22:48 PM »

Definately not worried now, Im positive all the guys including Axl really want's to play these shows and get back on top of the rock world.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 01:23:15 PM »

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I mean if you've beena? gnr fan you have to have some serious concerns.. No doubt he can sing his ass off when he makes it, I'm only telling you it only takes one big time fuck up and it could end in a flash

Been a GnR fan for the better part of 20 years, now.

I'm not worried.

For? precisely the reasons you ARE worried.

I know Axl knows what's riding on this.

This IS, IMHO, the last Train to Clarksville.? He'll be on his best behavior because of that.? I'm less worried about these shows that I have been about any set of shows GnR has ever done, I think.

I am the same as you bro, been there all those years, I also felt axl was well awaire of what was riding on this back in 02.. We all know axl could have all the best intentions but not end up following through.. ?When you have a bad track record you can mess up even if it's not your fault and fuck yourself ?Kind of like the boy that cried wolf..
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 01:24:45 PM »

A question to all of those who are very confident that the shows will go as planned: Were you worried at all during the middle of the 2002 North America tour?  If so, why?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 01:27:09 PM »

I'm not really that worried. Judging from the mood Axl has been in lately and my feelings of what is going on, i think this tour will be Really Great!!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Chief
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 01:29:01 PM »

I wasn't really worried in 02 either. I thought that vancouver was really out of the band's control so I was pretty shocked to hear about the philly show. There is more to what happened that we know right now, I hope we find out some time ??.

A question to all of those who are very confident that the shows will go as planned: Were you worried at all during the middle of the 2002 North America tour?  If so, why?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »

I'm not really that worried. Judging from the mood Axl has been in lately and my feelings of what is going on, i think this tour will be Really Great!!!!!!

bro I was never more confident in axl then the night after the msg show...  Cry
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 01:33:16 PM »

to be honest, im not really expecting an album, EVER, and im not too confident on him doing all these dates or ever getting around to doing some usa dates. im just being content with whatever the internet gives me, anything else is a bonus.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 01:35:25 PM »

A question to all of those who are very confident that the shows will go as planned: Were you worried at all during the middle of the 2002 North America tour?? If so, why?

During the Asian and Euro portions? No.

During the US tour? ?Yes. ?Not at the outset, but fairly quickly (I chalk Vancouver up to bad weather and an antsy venue).

Largely because they were struggling to put butts in seats in most of the venues, were not close to selling out most of their shows, and I knew they were getting a decent sum of money from CC. ?I couldn't see CC willingly bleeding the money to foot the bill for a tour that wasn't drawing. ?

And I still think the no show in Philly, and the resultant tour cancellation, had something to do with all of the above...

Together again,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 01:37:28 PM »

Largely because they were struggling to put butts in seats in the most of the venues, were not close to selling out most of their shows, and I knew they were getting a decent sum of money from CC.  I couldn't see CC willingly bleeding the money to foot the bill for a tour that wasn't drawing. 

do you think it was a reality check to axl that he needed an album and his past work couldn't carry a  tour alone..?  I know his plan was to tour like the illusions, there's an interview out there, I would lvoe to re read it again if someone has it..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: