Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:54:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?  (Read 25323 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 01:40:04 PM »

do you think it was a reality check to axl that he needed an album and his past work couldn't carry a? tour alone..?? I know his plan was to tour like the illusions, there's an interview out there, I would lvoe to re read it again if someone has it..

Hmmm...I'm not sure he didn't expect it, at least partially.  I'm also not sure the initial plan was to tour without an album to support them, but....well, obviously that's what happened, for whatever reason.

I think what it came down to was negotiations over finances (or renegotiations) with CC that ultimatlely killed the tour (and the Philly show).  But that's just a pet theory, on my part.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 01:43:50 PM »

do you think it was a reality check to axl that he needed an album and his past work couldn't carry a? tour alone..?? I know his plan was to tour like the illusions, there's an interview out there, I would lvoe to re read it again if someone has it..

Hmmm...I'm not sure he didn't expect it, at least partially.? I'm also not sure the initial plan was to tour without an album to support them, but....well, obviously that's what happened, for whatever reason.

I think what it came down to was negotiations over finances (or renegotiations) with CC that ultimatlely killed the tour (and the Philly show).? But that's just a pet theory, on my part.

Well axl did tell kurt loder you would see cd but not soon.. tour go back do more recording and whatever else.. I know there is a better interview that described how this tour was to go.. 2-3 year tour, drop albums, etc
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 01:46:05 PM »

Well axl did tell kurt loder you would see cd but not soon.. tour go back do more recording and whatever else.. I know there is a better interview that described how this tour was to go.. 2-3 year tour, drop albums, etc

I mean even before the VMA performance.  The CC negotiations, and initial tour planning, happened quite a bit before that.  I think, during THAT process, that the plan was to tour the US, and have the album drop during the tour.  But, for whatever reasons, that didn't end up being the case by the time the VMA's rolled around.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 01:49:18 PM »

I wouldnt be spending nearly $800.00 to go to Ireland if I didnt think Axl wasn't going to show up. Wink

as jarmo said, this is a full-blown tour, not just limited dates like 2002-it speaks to me that axl is serious this time. i question if he really was  in 2002.

,id be more worried about any US shows than europe anyway- i think axl has an easier time getting through those b/c he is still looked at a little better in europe than the States, and IF they come around to the States without a new album (which I doubt) i'd be very suspect about buying tickets.

look, axl may be very erratic-but he ain't stupid-he skips out on anything here or behaves badly and he gets no more chances at making money anywhere ever again. as much shit as he has out fans, bandmates, etc. thru, i just dont see him replicating it this time around. this is it.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 01:50:32 PM »

I'm not really worried about the European gigs or any other shows abroad... Axl and GN'R have always been more "comfortable" overseas... the only thing that scares me is that they seem to be packing a lot of shows close together- and I don't think that necessarily jives well with Axl's singing/performing style... I remember being at MSG in '02 and seeing Axl performing his ass off and wondering how the hell he was going to pull it off again 20 hours later in Philadelphia... The unfortunate thing is that Axl probably has ZERO room to even make routine (i.e. legitimate health issues etc.) cancellations at this point without there being some sort of shit storm.

As far as North America goes... I remain... and always will be scared to death.... that GN'R will be unable to complete a tour without something getting fucked up.... I think Axl really needs to stay overseas and build up momentum with CD so that we comes home he will be greeted as a conqueoring hero... and not by a bunch of skeptics and haters.

Fair question Mike. It has to be on all our minds...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:52:37 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 01:50:53 PM »

anyone think he might be making tons of european dates because he's having trouble getting started with the american half..? Festivals at least there are other shows that don't put as much pressure on axl to do it alone.. Or do you feel it's build up for the states to get the word around? ?I wonder how axl will react with unruly crowds or individual fans..? Will he think twice or try to remain calm..?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 01:51:42 PM »

If I lived in Europe and had purchased  tickets, I would be worried. But I don't, did not, and so I am not.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »

The unfortunate thing is that Axl probably has ZERO room to even make routine (i.e. legitimate health issues etc.) cancellations at this point without their being some sort of shit storm.

they key is getting the news out there bfore the crowd packs the place, gets drunks and waits around for two opening acts.. I have no problem if axl cancels a show, just give some notice.. if you fail to do that drag your ass in sick as a dog... We all go to work at times when we shouldn't be there because people are counting on us..
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 01:54:32 PM »

One month before "my" show in Sweden they will be playing in Portugal. If they don't show up then I'll be worried.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 01:56:11 PM »

I'm not really that worried. I think it's different this time.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »

anyone think he might be making tons of european dates because he's having trouble getting started with the american half..? Festivals at least there are other shows that don't put as much pressure on axl to do it alone.. Or do you feel it's build up for the states to get the word around?  I wonder how axl will react with unruly crowds or individual fans..? Will he think twice or try to remain calm..?

probably a little of both.

if im an american promoter, i dont book him until after he successfully completes his little jaunt in europe. but these aren't all festival dates-most are actually solo gigs...and how THOSE ones sell will probably be a better indicator to US promoters of what the viablity of the band is.

as for the crowd question- i imagine he'll think twice---i dont really recall him popping off at anyone (in terms of crowd members) much in 2002-seems his issues were more with the sound people, from what i recall reading in reviews by folks on this board.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 02:02:27 PM »

A question to all of those who are very confident that the shows will go as planned: Were you worried at all during the middle of the 2002 North America tour?? If so, why?

Oh hell yeah I was worried. I knew that tour was going to be a disaster. No single. No album. Meaning no radio play or hype. You can't call it a Chiniese Democracy tour with no Chinese Democracy. And you can't have a nostalgia tour just on the GNR name when you're trying to establish this new line up as a band, and a new sound, but your basically just playing old tunes and not the "bands" music.

I don't think Europe will be a problem. Those shows had better responses then the ones here. He'll show for these...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Mat
Rocker

GNR will rock the world in 2006!

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 02:04:28 PM »

Sounds like someone is pissed about the recent event and wants to spread negativity around supporters of the current band.
McDuff
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2006, 02:20:58 PM »

Well I'm not worried about it really,I mean sure they need an album out,but this would be a good year to tour,I think most people will buy tickets whether or not the album is out,but that would be cool if they did release a single or album,atleast that way people would be more willing to go to the shows,I really think there was some problems with the record company in 2002,I think Axl did want to release the album then,but maybe there was just some things that he wanted to work on or something,there's no need to be negative about this tour or whatever,but in the world of GN'R you never know what can happen  peace
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »

It does not really worry me and I dont believe it will be an issue at all! To me things do seem different this time around, even though I was very excited about it all in 02. I believe the album is just about done now and its all very serious this time! I think the album will be out in May and that when the band have kicked arse in Europe they will then be ready to take on America again with the album doing all the promotion for the band and the positive feedback from their european tour! With regards to someone saying earlier in this thread about the fact that there has been no press release for these gigs really! I think that they are purposely waiting until all the dates have been announced and then they will give us a big official announcement about the gigs that will coincide with an announcement on the album release date. I think they are kind of drip feeding us with bits of info, gig announcements, axl appearences and then they will top it all off with the one big announcement to give us all the info that we have been waiting for! Mike

The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2006, 02:26:10 PM »

come on its axl rose of course there will be some cancelled show...as long as it's not a cancelled tour
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2006, 02:34:29 PM »

As I've stated in the past, this tour absolutely HAS to come off without a hitch...There will simply be no US tour otherwise.  I am optimistic, but the fact of the matter is that we've all been around long enough to know that Axl's very best intentions often don't coincide with the reality of the situation.  He is very well aware of what is riding on this jaunt, as he was in 2002.  But what happens when he peers into the crowd and sees the first "Slash is King" sign or VR T-shirt..Will Uncle Axl remain composed the first time his monitor mix goes dead during the first verse of Brownstone?  It'll be intriguing, to say the least.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »

I may be a little worried about the adding of shows. That Axl intendend to do just a few shows and now it's started to be a bit out of control. Promoters and booking agencys getting all exited caving in to public demand and creating a tour Axl did not wanted. But I don't know how this works. The most logical thing I think would be if they check in with Axl every time they book a show, or even better if he is directly involved, wanting to play all the extra dates and is flattered and inspirerd by this hughe public interest. Would be a disaster if he "reads about the tour on the internet". nervous

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 03:03:14 PM »

Excellent point Sillything. I hope to God Axl is "in the loop" on all these added dates. He only mentioned European festivals in the RS interview didn't he? nervous

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
badapple81
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2006, 03:14:36 PM »

Not worried at all and am 100% confident the album will be out after these Euro dates. 2002 didn't go as planned and no way Axl could make the same mistake twice.

In answer to Booker Floyds question.. actually ask anyone and I am one of the most positive Axl supporters on here.. yet in 2002 I didn't take a lot of interest for some reason.. well I did.. but something in my head just knew that it wouldn't finish the the CD wouldn't come out. Maybe it was the VMA comment and I just knew it would be years not months.

I'm 100% confident this time. No way Axl would go out without knowing for sure this time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: