Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:41:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SAVE MART CENTER DECEMBER 13, 2006 CANCELLED
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SAVE MART CENTER DECEMBER 13, 2006 CANCELLED  (Read 25346 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »

The band gets a set fee. Plus merch and whatever else is in the contract. If the show doesn't sell well, it's the promoter who would most likely to be taking the hit.

So instead of worrying about ticket sales, just wait for a reason, and move on. 70 some-odd shows in a year and they cancel three. You know, as much as it sucks for the people in Fresno - for this band that's a pretty good average.
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2006, 09:21:31 PM »

Why would any artist cancel any show due to poor ticket sales?

Every ticket sold makes them money.? If a show gets cancelled, they don't get money from ticket sales.

Every bit of merchandise sold at a show makes them money.? If a show gets cancelled, they don't get money from merchandise sales.

And besides the money, there's the integrity factor.

I don't buy "poor ticket sales" as the reason for this cancellation.

Hello,
I am going to be nice. You are wrong with every piece of information you just posted. I am not going to explain to you how the business works, you can do some home work before posting next time mainly if you planning to go into the business. Sometimes when a show is cancelled it does not mean that had to be only Axl's decision. It does not bring him any pleasure in doing or having to be part of it. He has more integrity than a lot of people I know. So, please for now accept what is there. Have a great day!

Beta

I hope everyone in the band is okay.

This is a very good post and something I didnt think about.

edit: hmm, but dave might be right too? hihi oh well...

BTW does anyone know why Axl walked off before PC?
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2006, 09:29:14 PM »

Beta's on the scene!  Thank God.  Heads are gonna roll now... 

There's been nothing but bitchin' and complainin' since the show got cancelled.   crying  Big deal.  Sometimes shows get cancelled.  It's rock n' roll after all.  Everybody's being so freakin' negative.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »

Beta's on the scene!  Thank God.  Heads are gonna roll now... 

There's been nothing but bitchin' and complainin' since the show got cancelled.   crying  Big deal.  Sometimes shows get cancelled.  It's rock n' roll after all.  Everybody's being so freakin' negative.

Yes she is, but she typed her response in the quote field. 

But no answers to alot of questions.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2006, 09:44:51 PM »

There was no reason given. So what? You'd still call it lies. What's the use of giving reasons when all you get is a bunch of upset people calling it bullshit and lies?

Every time they gave a reason people said they lied.  When they said the Prtland show was cancelled everyone jumped on them caling them liars then when Axl was sick and cancelled another show people said he was faking or liing about his condition.  So this time they don't give a reason can you blame them? 

Serves some of you right I say for being such whiney bitches. 

Who cares about the "you" you speak of. They should (and most likely will) give a reason, simply out of respect for the people that bought tickets.
Every time they gave a reason people said they lied.  When they said the Prtland show was cancelled everyone jumped on them caling them liars then when Axl was sick and cancelled another show people said he was faking or liing about his condition.  So this time they don't give a reason can you blame them? 

Serves some of you right I say for being such whiney bitches. 
Z
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2006, 09:51:11 PM »

Look,

Deal with what you get. ?That's what this band does. ?You'll get what they give you. ?If you don't like it, then leave. ?That is their attitude. ?When it fits them and their future, you'll get a reason or statement but make no mistake, it will be in favor of themselves. ?

If ticket sales were lame and the loss of money would be too much of a hit, then making a statement stating so would reflect negatively on the band.

I agree, if you've had enough.....leave which I will do at year's end if no cd. ?They don't want to hear your complaints...Beta's comments should clue you in on that.

And jarmo is just like the Bush supporters in my country. ?No matter what, they never admit anything Bush says or does may not be the best for everybody. ?It's what's best for Bush and that's all that matters.

Perhaps jarmo if you'd only flown in for just that Portland show and had to return to Europe, your wonderful attitude may have been one of extreme disappointment. ?I'd say the fans are okey to be worried about no PC being played last concert and then this cancellation and STILL no word on cd.

And Bumble was cool to speak out. ?This band needs more of that. ?I agree we should all focus on what we do have but I equally believe that you can only support something you have a passion for, for so long......when your passion is no longer satisfying.

Many many many of us stuck around for years appreciating the mere possibility that this band would finally take off and cease from the many continued disappointments we endured. ?Things were said that need to be backed up.

Your only good as your word. ?If you fail to deliver on what you advertise, then your product will lose support.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2006, 09:54:36 PM »

Look,

Deal with what you get. ?That's what this band does. ?You'll get what they give you. ?If you don't like it, then leave. ?That is their attitude. ?When it fits them and their future, you'll get a reason or statement but make no mistake, it will be in favor of themselves. ?

If ticket sales were lame and the loss of money would be too much of a hit, then making a statement stating so would reflect negatively on the band.

I agree, if you've had enough.....leave which I will do at year's end if no cd. ?They don't want to hear your complaints...Beta's comments should clue you in on that.

And jarmo is just like the Bush supporters in my country. ?No matter what, they never admit anything Bush says or does may not be the best for everybody. ?It's what's best for Bush and that's all that matters.

Perhaps jarmo if you'd only flown in for just that Portland show and had to return to Europe, your wonderful attitude may have been one of extreme disappointment. ?I'd say the fans are okey to be worried about no PC being played last concert and then this cancellation and STILL no word on cd.

And Bumble was cool to speak out. ?This band needs more of that. ?I agree we should all focus on what we do have but I equally believe that you can only support something you have a passion for, for so long......when your passion is no longer satisfying.

Many many many of us stuck around for years appreciating the mere possibility that this band would finally take off and cease from the many continued disappointments we endured. ?Things were said that need to be backed up.

Your only good as your word. ?If you fail to deliver on what you advertise, then your product will lose support.

A VERY, VERY GOOD POST ok  Absolute 100% fact
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 09:56:19 PM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2006, 09:59:57 PM »

Perhaps jarmo if you'd only flown in for just that Portland show and had to return to Europe, your wonderful attitude may have been one of extreme disappointment. 

Or maybe I'm not planning my whole trip around one show?

Maybe I see the show as a bonus that will hopefully take place during my trip?

I still got to se Portland and meet a bunch of people even without the show.

Same thing could've been said about any show I attended this year.

For me going to a concert isn't just a two hour thing from entering the venue and walking out. It's the full experience of travelling, seeing new places, meeting people and then seeing the show. And then you have to go back home....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2006, 10:03:24 PM »

Perhaps jarmo if you'd only flown in for just that Portland show and had to return to Europe, your wonderful attitude may have been one of extreme disappointment.?

For me going to a concert isn't just a two hour thing from entering the venue and walking out. It's the full experience of travelling, seeing new places, meeting people and then seeing the show. And then you have to go back home....

/jarmo

Well, for many it is. And for many, including me, we could care less about the other stuff. I'm mainly going to see GN'R if I travel, and if that isn't happening there isn't a thing in the world that can make up for it.

People have every right to be upset if they planned to go to a cancelled show. Just because you aren't doesn't make it any better.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2006, 10:04:35 PM »

Perhaps jarmo if you'd only flown in for just that Portland show and had to return to Europe, your wonderful attitude may have been one of extreme disappointment.?

/jarmo

I agree. ?People act like "going to the concert" is the only part that matters about going to a concert. ?There's the excitement of planning it, buying tickets, taking the road trip, renting a hotel room, the meals while you wait, and eventually, the long drive home. ?The concert is just the icing on the cake -- if it happens. ?If you peoplel buy a ticket for a concert and EXPECT to see a concert, you're just setting yourself up for failure. ?If it happens, GREAT. ?If not, just enjoy the long drive home and get on with your life. ?Blast AFD the whole way, baby!!!

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Z
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2006, 10:05:28 PM »

/jarmo

I respect that. ?Not everybody bitches about every little thing. ?Allow them to be upset.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2006, 10:07:22 PM »

I understand being upset. But as far as I know, polluxlm or Z werent going to any of the cancelled shows on this tour.

So the people being most upset are the ones sitting at home being upset by their keyboards and posting about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2006, 10:11:44 PM »

I understand being upset. But as far as I know, polluxlm or Z werent going to any of the cancelled shows on this tour.

So the people being most upset are the ones sitting at home being upset by their keyboards and posting about it.

/jarmo

Im not upset about the cancelled show at all,Im indifferent with it but I dont like how people WHO were going are treated like whiners or complainers and as if they should be priviledged that Axl even considered their town to play in.

To say people who were goin to the concert had no right to get upset is bull.

So what if people speculate that the show got cancelled due to poor ticket sales or what have u.

There are only two reasons I know of

1. someone is ill
2. poor ticket sales

cant think of anything else.

I mean if they travel 8 hours or however long it was on a bus just to play in Iowa, there has to be something to make them cancel a show in their own backyard.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2006, 10:11:49 PM »

/jarmo

I don't know about Z, but you don't see any complaining posts from me in this thread. I have one which I speculate in the reason for the cancellation, and I have another two which are respones to other people (I guess this makes it three). Just because I didn't plan on attending this show doesn't mean I can't advocate others right to feel disappointed and upset. That does not mean I encourage or participate in bashing or what not.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2006, 10:12:30 PM »

i think beta had a sorta heads up on this.so she gave her responce on that.

the one an only horsey !
Z
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2006, 10:13:08 PM »

/jarmo

I'm not upset specifically about the cancelled show. ?I'm "worried" about the why of it all. ?That's all.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2006, 10:14:46 PM »

There are only two reasons I know of

1. someone is ill
2. poor ticket sales

That's because you don't know the business.

I don't know the business either, but only by using my imagination I think there's way more than two possible explanations.

One involves brown M&Ms....  hihi

/jarmo

Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2006, 10:15:02 PM »

/jarmo

I agree. ?People act like "going to the concert" is the only part that matters about going to a concert. ?There's the excitement of planning it, buying tickets, taking the road trip, renting a hotel room, the meals while you wait, and eventually, the long drive home. ?The concert is just the icing on the cake -- if it happens. ?If you peoplel buy a ticket for a concert and EXPECT to see a concert, you're just setting yourself up for failure. ?If it happens, GREAT. ?If not, just enjoy the long drive home and get on with your life. ?Blast AFD the whole way, baby!!!

this really blows me away! "setting yourself up for failure"?! ?LOL!! ?i have seen many shows in my day, and have never even thought twice about a show being cancelled. ?none of the shows i have ever seen have been cancelled, or even had the date changed, for that matter! ? i have been to a lot of rock shows in my day, too.

but i have never gotten to see GN'R, until (hopefully) this coming year. (January 16, 07) i have been a fan since 87, but have never gotten to see them. ?(many reasons, cancelled shows being one of them)

yeah, i love road trips. i have to take a road trip pretty much everytime i see a good band. BUT, i am not rich. ?when i buy a ticket for a show, it is for the SHOW, not the road trip. ?buying a ticket, paying for a hotel, getting someone to watch my child, etc, all adds up. ?i am a reasonable person, and can understand having to cancel a show, due to unforseen circumstances, but to say that anyone who pays for a ticket, and expects to see a show is setting themself up for failure, is ridiculous.

that's like going to a restaurant and sitting down and waiting for your meal that you have already paid for in advance. you enjoy the conversation, the ambiance, the decor, and wait, yeah... to think that you will actually be eating a meal is really setting yourself up for failure. ?just enjoy the experience. ?wtf kind of convoluted thinking is that?! ? rofl

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2006, 10:15:08 PM »

Perhaps jarmo if you'd only flown in for just that Portland show and had to return to Europe, your wonderful attitude may have been one of extreme disappointment. 

/jarmo

Gayest shit Ive ever read, If I  would plan a trip for one show and if it didnt happen, I wouldnt look on the brightside and realize all the cool people I just met and sights I saw. I would be pissed the fuck off honestly anyone would be.

StoneTempleRoses

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2006, 10:16:05 PM »

/jarmo

Have you seen this movie?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: