Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:10:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Night on American Idol?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Night on American Idol?  (Read 25945 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 03:42:21 PM »

I'd be split down the middle on this. As far as sales, publicity, etc go it's a great idea.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »

I guess I could tolerate the music of GNR being on the show, but I certainly can't imagine Axl being on the show, nor do I want to.  That'd be tough for me to defend, I've been slamming that show for years.

Unfortunately it would be a good PR move, not one I'd be real comfortable with though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 04:27:23 PM »

I could picture Axl sitting in as a guest judge if there ever were a GN'R night on that show. I don't think it's ever likely to happen, though.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 04:29:41 PM »

I'd watch this show for Gn'R, plus Paula is pretty easy on the eyes hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
whenUgotItUgotIt
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 05:35:25 PM »

ok, I agree with the others who say I just cant see Axl being on "american idol" but with that said......I can see an agreement being made that as long as a few of the new songs from CD (at least three) are done with the old songs, then I can see where GNR would agree to it....think about it....free publicity to millions regarding the news songs(Street of Dreams, Better, Sorry) and at the same time, an opportunity to be exposed to a new target audience.  Don't think there is no way in hell Axl would be a guest judge or anything, but yeah, I can see him allowing a GNR nite just for the songs...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 07:00:59 PM »

Hmm, I would watch it...

Can't stand the show but I'd tune in for a GNR night, if done.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 07:05:48 PM »

Think Of the ratings and publicity... Itd be kick ass to see GNR being blasted at the masses. A whole show of classic GNR tracks then a actual GNR appearance with some CD stuff would be a massive advert !

(ive never seen AI)
didnt miss much just a bunch of want to be pretent rockers hihi just kidding but its just prefect on paper giving a person out of nowhere a shot at fortune and fame so i like that part bout the show

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 10:29:10 PM »

Okay, I don't watch this show, but my mom does.  When Bon Jovi was gonna be on it, she called me, so of course I watched just to see Bon Jovi.  Now, I imagine a lot of other people that aren't fans of the show did the same thing.  That being said, I have to believe that a lot of GnR fans would watch just to see people try to sing some of the songs that they love, or as in my case, to pay respect to the band.  So, it would be a great move as far as publicity goes, providing some of the newer songs were performed along with the old.  In that aspect, I say go for it.

However, no one on American Idol is going to be able to do ANYTHING  that has ever been sung by Axl Rose justice.  His vocal range is one that I just don't think any of them could ever match.  They would have to put their own spin on it, and I just don't think any of the songs would sound as good with any of their "personal touches".  It's the touches he adds that make the songs so good.  No one can do it like Axl, so in that aspect, it makes me a little anxious.  There is nothing worse than hearing someone sing a song you love horribly.  Like the Big Daddy version of SCOM.  I wanted to tear my hair out listening to it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 12:08:50 AM »

ok, I agree with the others who say I just cant see Axl being on "american idol" but with that said......I can see an agreement being made that as long as a few of the new songs from CD (at least three) are done with the old songs, then I can see where GNR would agree to it....think about it....free publicity to millions regarding the news songs(Street of Dreams, Better, Sorry) and at the same time, an opportunity to be exposed to a new target audience.  Don't think there is no way in hell Axl would be a guest judge or anything, but yeah, I can see him allowing a GNR nite just for the songs...
That would make the most sense and actually be quite ideal.  As much as I HATE that show they get huge ratings still and if you could somehow work it out that at least a few contestants would sing some new songs off of CD then that could lead to some increased interest.  Especially if some of the more popular contestants do those songs and do a good job on them, their fans might go and search out the original songs.  It's wishful thinking, if this was to take place, but that would make it much easier to stomach.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 12:09:44 AM »

That would make the most sense and actually be quite ideal.  As much as I HATE that show they get huge ratings still and if you could somehow work it out that at least a few contestants would sing some new songs off of CD then that could lead to some increased interest.  Especially if some of the more popular contestants do those songs and do a good job on them, their fans might go and search out the original songs.  It's wishful thinking, if this was to take place, but that would make it much easier to stomach.

Throw in a Best Buy ad for CD and it's a deal.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 12:17:01 AM »

Reading through that a second time I can't really tell if that guy is just wishing to hear that Adam dude sing some GNR because he thinks he'd do Axl justice or if he knows there's actually going to be a GNR night. 

Of course, I guess that's the reason for the thread though isn't it?  But I'd lean towards guy wanting to see it over knowing about it.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 12:56:58 AM »

Considering the back handed slap Cowell gave Axl after the 2002 VMAs (didn't mention him by name but did comment on  the very bad singing at the show), I seriously doubt this would happen.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »

I just caught this show on a commercial break tonight and there was 20 singers walking down the street over-singing "We Will Rock You" and eventually posing in front of a "Ford" logo and car.  It made me sick.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 01:50:20 AM »

I know it's not my decision and all and I'm not here to tell Axl what to do but................

NO!  I don't care how much exposure it gives the band, this is hopefully just some bullshit taken out of context or something.  Especially after the comments of the ex members being whores and all.  This would scream of total and complete prostitution with drive by blow jobs.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 10:14:04 AM »

I know it's not my decision and all and I'm not here to tell Axl what to do but................

NO!  I don't care how much exposure it gives the band, this is hopefully just some bullshit taken out of context or something.  Especially after the comments of the ex members being whores and all.  This would scream of total and complete prostitution with drive by blow jobs.
I agree, but if nobody from the band shows up and appears on the show and they only use the music.  I think I'd be fine with that, especially if they had a few contestants perform NEW songs.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 11:54:07 AM »

People are always singing GNR tunes everywhere...@ yourtube, in the street, at foreign idol shows, at karaoke venues and so forth... Unless axl appears out of nowhere to show them how to sing, there should be nothing so hair rising about that.
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 02:06:51 PM »

Think Of the ratings and publicity... Itd be kick ass to see GNR being blasted at the masses. A whole show of classic GNR tracks then a actual GNR appearance with some CD stuff would be a massive advert !

(ive never seen AI)
didnt miss much just a bunch of want to be pretent rockers hihi just kidding but its just prefect on paper giving a person out of nowhere a shot at fortune and fame so i like that part bout the show

Yeah we have to endure similar in the UK with Mr Cowell
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 02:57:53 PM »

Guys and Girls.......please....just kill me now!!!!! I don't want to hear about this much less see and hear that kind of train reck.  Shocked
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »

When is this suppose to air ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 06:34:25 PM »

People are always singing GNR tunes everywhere...@ yourtube, in the street, at foreign idol shows, at karaoke venues and so forth... Unless axl appears out of nowhere to show them how to sing, there should be nothing so hair rising about that.
Yeah but American Idol gets millions of viewers and insanely does impact the American music industry.  It's sad, but it's true.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: