Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:30:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba Is 'Really Excited' About Working On Follow-Up To 'Chinese Democracy'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba Is 'Really Excited' About Working On Follow-Up To 'Chinese Democracy'  (Read 25618 times)
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »

Call of Duty looks awesome  Grin

This awesome news, This GN'R year is so exciting and full of surprises !
Btw didn't know Dj was a COD fan, shoot em up next week Gunners !

Cheers

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »

this news is great  Grin and america tour next year

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 01:08:45 PM »

My birthday is in February.  Happy Birthday to ME if this ends up happening!  Not that I don't trust DJ.  I just know how sometimes things don't go as planned.  Very exciting "plans" indeed though.  Oh, and a new album would be fantastic.  I wonder if they'd start debuting newer songs if/when it comes closer to being released.  A little preview perhaps.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »

Is it because I live in Europe or are there other Americans who are more excited about the album then the tour?
I love a guns n' roses gig but an album with new material would be, I don't know.. euphoric ? ;-)

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »

This news doesn't surprise me at all when I saw them in the UK they were simply on top of their game. The band is gelling better than ever, AXL sounds incredible & was in a great mood every nite. Not too mention they came on early about every nite (early for them anyway).

Simply put:  This band looks & feels like their ready for something big!! ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 01:51:09 PM »

Awesome news!!!  Can't wait!!  I would love for them to play the Garden, last 2 times I saw them there were epic! 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 01:57:04 PM »

Is it because I live in Europe or are there other Americans who are more excited about the album then the tour?
I love a guns n' roses gig but an album with new material would be, I don't know.. euphoric ? ;-)
Not to speak for all of America, but yeah it's because you live in Europe.  In case you haven't noticed, we here in the US haven't gotten to see this new lineup perform the CD songs unless you took a trek to South Dakota or Canada, while they played every other nook and cranny of the world.  So forgive us for chomping at the bit to see them live again.

Obviously we'd all be stoked for a new album, but I would hope/think a US tour would come first.  So let's take care of that and then we'll move on to a new album.  At least that's how I see it.  Of course, if they want to release a new album in the next couple of months and THEN tour the US.  I'd be fine with that too.  peace

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 01:57:49 PM »

Awesome news!!!  Can't wait!!  I would love for them to play the Garden, last 2 times I saw them there were epic! 

MSG hell yeah im going anywhere around the city so the garden, nassau, the prudential or any other place

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »

Won't take as long.. so it could be 6 years.. rofl rofl

That is very interesting, so I wonder if they are starting fresh and scrapping the stuff they already have recorded or maybe using the best of whats left from the CD sessions and maybe write a few new songs with this lineup?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58:35 PM »

States Tour in February! YES! I'll be going to see them everywhere within driving distance (4-5 hours) of me!

beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58:46 PM »

Not to speak for all of America, but yeah it's because you live in Europe.  In case you haven't noticed, we here in the US haven't gotten to see this new lineup perform the CD songs unless you took a trek to South Dakota or Canada, while they played every other nook and cranny of the world.  So forgive us for chomping at the bit to see them live again.

Obviously we'd all be stoked for a new album, but I would hope/think a US tour would come first.  So let's take care of that and then we'll move on to a new album.  At least that's how I see it.  Of course, if they want to release a new album in the next couple of months and THEN tour the US.  I'd be fine with that too.  peace

yo i couldn't have said it better myself

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »

States Tour in February! YES! I'll be going to see them everywhere within driving distance (4-5 hours) of me!

beer

same here, ive been dying to see them with DJ Ashba but didnt have the cash to do an out of country trip.  I will def try to make up for it when they come to the states.
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 02:07:28 PM »

What a stupid post that was about preferring an album to a tour.

I'm european, been to 3 gigs, but I'm very excited for all you US fans who are going to get to see Guns.

The news is great, just to know that there are plans in place is heartwarming.

Let's hope the boys have a kick-ass US leg and then get some R&R before they head to the studio.

ok

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »

I'm really happy for the US fans, this is the day you were waiting for.

If the shows this year are anything to go by, you are all going to be blown away.  Smiley
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 02:23:34 PM »

tour in February? awesome.

new album? not so awesome. I want CDII and CDIII material. Im scared at what this new album could be. Its just gonna be another record and nothing special  Sad hope im wrong but thats how I see it going right now.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »

new album? not so awesome. I want CDII and CDIII material. Im scared at what this new album could be. Its just gonna be another record and nothing special  Sad hope im wrong but thats how I see it going right now.
You dont want a new album? Geez, youre really a good fan.

hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 02:31:05 PM »

not from this lineup, at least right now. I want the material thats been sitting around for years like The General and Soul Monster. Why do I want an Ashba song when theres plently of awesome Bucket songs?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »

not from this lineup, at least right now. I want the material thats been sitting around for years like The General and Soul Monster. Why do I want an Ashba song when theres plently of awesome Bucket songs?
Well we don't know what a new album would consist of.  Axl was still talking up the Bucket, Brain, Robin, etc. songs a few years back and it seemed he had every intention that they'd see the light of day.  So I'd expect to get those, if not a mix of some new songs.  I'd take anything we can get at this point, but to be greedy I'd love 2 more albums of what's in the vault from the CD sessions (if there IS that much in there), then an album solely from the current lineup.  All that within the next 5 years.  Get on it boys!  hihi  That's not too much to ask, is it?  Honestly, like I said before, I'll take anything we can get.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »

That's what me and Voodoo have been saying, the next album most likely will be alot of songs like CD material. Axl said back in 2006, that he had enough material for 3 albums. That, with the fact that this current line-up haven't had alot of time to write any material as of yet (touring). I would say there is a strong chance we will be getting CD 2 next, which is what I hope for.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 02:56:17 PM »

Great stuff , i'm really excited to hear what dj will bring to GnR on a record ok  Album/US tour - with this line-up either and both sound fkn sweet.  must.pay.off.debt.and.save!!!!
 beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: