Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Seattle, WA @ Key Arena Dec 16
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seattle, WA @ Key Arena Dec 16  (Read 25728 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES

LOADED

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »

Wow what a great show ! would like to thank Jarmo for hooking me and my friend up with After Show passes.  Loaded kicked ass and was a great opener.  Axl and the band were on fire, Axl sounded perfect.  Estranged, Civil War, Better, WTTJ were some of my favorites.  The crowd was pretty lame and none of them hardly paid attention to the Chi Democracy songs.  Once Paradise City was over walked over to the rail and got to shake Jarmo's hand that was pretty cool.  After show chatted with DJ, Frank, Ron.  Talked to DJ about Ashba Swag and Frank brought in a case of bottled water, which was nice of him and I needed it after all that beer.  Here's some pics.

How cool for you.  Nice of Jarmo to do something nice for you -- getting you and your friend After Show passes.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »

i've found a channel that recorded almost the whole show!!!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8A112D34C7233528

Just missed Dj solo, Bumble solo, and PC :/

But as a "plus", they recorded motivation by tommy, attitude and So fine by Duff

it's happening
Galileo
Headliner

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2011, 09:27:51 AM »

does anybody know the  loaded set list

1.Sick
2.Executioners Song
3.We Win
4.Dead Skin
5.Sleaze Factory
6.Dark Days
7.Seattlehead
8.Wrap My Arms
9.Cocaine
10.So Fine
11.New Rose
12.Your Name
13.Lords of Abbadon
14.Attitude
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES

That's what I call a show, great picture!

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2011, 02:02:43 PM »

I just wanted to throw my two cents in regarding this show, and "this" band.

It's so easy to call them "The current lineup" but you know what? That's completely unfair and it doesn't do the band justice at all. Some of you may disagree, but I would go so far as saying this current group of musicians is more of a band than any group called Guns n' Roses all the way back to and including the Use Your Illusion tour.

In fairness, this was only my second Guns show ever. I saw them back in '06 in Everett (Seattle) WA. It was great show, and an amazing experience that I will always remember and always cherish. The show this past Friday night at Key Arena surpassed it in Every. Single. Way. I thought the setlist was fantastic. I thought the band was tighter and more cohesive than the '06 version I saw - AND although they seemed to have a good enough time together back then, I'd say it's even more true now. There's something to seeing them live that now matter how great a clip is, or a recording is - it can never, ever touch being there in person.

Speaking of something being different when being there in person - I want to say something about our main man Axl. A few months ago (the day after RIR) I watched a couple of clips and came on HTGTH and started a well meaning thread regarding Axl's voice. I was concerned, but I didn't  think I was being too negative. He didn't sound that good. I wondered aloud if it was the recording, if it was technical problems at the show, or if it even was the fact that Ax is getting a bit older. The thread was deleted - fairly or unfairly. I made a bit of a stink about it - but that's beside the point.

I wanted to say - I don't know whether it was because I was so excited to be there or if it's just the difference between seeing something live and watching a video over the internet BUT Axl sounded absolutely amazing to me. Truly. I remember in the most recent Trunk interview Axl made a comment saying that he "had a good night" singing that night. I wonder if how he would classify this one. Perhaps good. Perhaps great. Hell, to him it could have been average. Regardless, I was truly blown away. I'd go so far to say he may sound even better today than again anytime dating back to the UYI tours. I think he just takes better care of his voice.

- Anyway - all this to say that I was wrong. Totally wrong. His voice is in top form and he is still without a doubt the greatest front man alive today and possibly the greatest ever (to me, he is). If you are like me and having any worries or reservations that GNR live may not live up to your dreams and expectations this time around - go ahead and put those babies to bed. It was a truly special night.

Last tidbit. My wife came with me to the show on Friday. Although she likes guns (new and old material) just fine - it's far from her favorite. She sings along to the ballads and the hits, etc. She is also not big on staying up too late. Her bedtime is about 9:30pm most nights. Needless to say - those two factors had me a bit worried about how she was going to handle the show. I told her she'd have to take a cab if she crapped out, I was just hoping it didn't come to that.

It didn't. Not only did she have a great time, I quote: "I thought seeing Time Square and New York would be the coolest thing that I ever did, and I was wrong." Seeing this show tonight is now the COOLEST thing that I've ever done in my life."

Boom.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2011, 05:07:23 PM »

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES

what song is it?

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »

Whole show here.  VERY good videos right there!  Thanks for the uploader!
http://gnrworld.net/2011/12/17/seattle-set-list-pics-and-videos/

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »

Last tidbit. My wife came with me to the show on Friday. Although she likes guns (new and old material) just fine - it's far from her favorite. She sings along to the ballads and the hits, etc. She is also not big on staying up too late. Her bedtime is about 9:30pm most nights. Needless to say - those two factors had me a bit worried about how she was going to handle the show. I told her she'd have to take a cab if she crapped out, I was just hoping it didn't come to that.

It didn't. Not only did she have a great time, I quote: "I thought seeing Time Square and New York would be the coolest thing that I ever did, and I was wrong." Seeing this show tonight is now the COOLEST thing that I've ever done in my life."

Boom.
That's awesome!  Glad you and your wife had a great time.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rendestroi95
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2011, 01:50:23 AM »

it's happening
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2011, 11:39:04 AM »

Wow! Great Photography.   ok
Just lovin it...keep it coming.  yes
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »

I love the picture with Duff, Bumble, and DJ  ok

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
rendestroi95
Rocker

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »

I think that these pics that i posted, are official...

cuz, i never saw pics from over the stage in this tour!!

it's happening
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: