Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:50:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates) November 26, Susqehanna Bank center @ Camden, New Jersey
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates) November 26, Susqehanna Bank center @ Camden, New Jersey  (Read 25844 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »

Watching video of "NR" from this show; fantastic, but didn't realize until watching that Axl skipped the ENTIRE second verse!  Wow.  Glad Richard was ready to play the solo earlier than expected!

Yeah I noticed that too... I had to watch it a couple times.  Love that intro and the synth is so beautiful.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2011, 04:15:03 PM »

The last of my videos uploaded to YouTube:

DJ ASHBA- Mi Amor & SCOM (Opening Solo Only)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r80qetNZ584

This I Love (beginning with Dj's Solo)
http://youtu.be/iV8uvG2kWkM

Knockin On Heaven's Door: 2-Parts (Audience Participation parts)
Part I:  http://youtu.be/tTgZ9qZuyLs
Part II: http://youtu.be/fWWLqpnWZw4

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »

I met some great folks, among them Sandman from HTGTH along with his dad and crew.
(btw, I'd love to hear your dad's take on the show...) cool folks.

After a few minutes, with that going nowhere, (he was staggering on his feet, so I supported him all the way) I got him to a bathroom stall.  He was in there for a good amount of time.  I stood outside his stall standing guard.  I must have seen hundreds of guys filing in to use the bathroom.  If you saw a really drunk bald guy being propped up by a dorky tall dude, you saw us!  hihi  He was looking better but obviously not great as he still needed me supporting him to walk.
A security guard recommended he visit medical.  I thought that was a good idea.

Axl4Prez  - it was great meeting you, dude! we've communicated for years in various threads on this board so it was cool to actually meet you in person. it's always cool to put a face to a name too. you and your crew are cool people.

my dad absolutely loved the show! he was blown away by this band and how great axl sounds.

sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, and i have to ask....is that the guy that was getting on me and everyone else for drinking Coors Light?

HA!   rofl  Yes, it was he!  And the ultimate irony of it all is that he got blitzed on fucking Arbor Mist!  It's the 2011 version of what "Riunite on Ice, is so nice" would have been circa 1985!!!   rofl

My buddy Jay, the tall dude at 6' 5" if u remember, e-mailed me this:  "I can honestly say it was the best concert I have ever seen, and that?s the absolute truth. Venue was better than the fleet center, better seats, and the talent in that band now is better than ever.  If you even sense they are going to play within a reasonable distance again please keep me posted as I told (my wife) to plan on me trying to go see them again.

I was floored by how great Axl sounded.  Fucking floored!  How the fuck does he do it?  I think we've all heard boots of isolated performances here and there where Axl isn't on his A-game, but goddamn!  He is in A+ territory right now, seriously.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2011, 05:32:40 PM »

I met some great folks, among them Sandman from HTGTH along with his dad and crew.
(btw, I'd love to hear your dad's take on the show...) cool folks.

After a few minutes, with that going nowhere, (he was staggering on his feet, so I supported him all the way) I got him to a bathroom stall.  He was in there for a good amount of time.  I stood outside his stall standing guard.  I must have seen hundreds of guys filing in to use the bathroom.  If you saw a really drunk bald guy being propped up by a dorky tall dude, you saw us!  hihi  He was looking better but obviously not great as he still needed me supporting him to walk.
A security guard recommended he visit medical.  I thought that was a good idea.

Axl4Prez  - it was great meeting you, dude! we've communicated for years in various threads on this board so it was cool to actually meet you in person. it's always cool to put a face to a name too. you and your crew are cool people.

my dad absolutely loved the show! he was blown away by this band and how great axl sounds.

sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, and i have to ask....is that the guy that was getting on me and everyone else for drinking Coors Light?

HA!   rofl  Yes, it was he!  And the ultimate irony of it all is that he got blitzed on fucking Arbor Mist!  It's the 2011 version of what "Riunite on Ice, is so nice" would have been circa 1985!!!   rofl

My buddy Jay, the tall dude at 6' 5" if u remember, e-mailed me this:  "I can honestly say it was the best concert I have ever seen, and that?s the absolute truth. Venue was better than the fleet center, better seats, and the talent in that band now is better than ever.  If you even sense they are going to play within a reasonable distance again please keep me posted as I told (my wife) to plan on me trying to go see them again.

I was floored by how great Axl sounded.  Fucking floored!  How the fuck does he do it?  I think we've all heard boots of isolated performances here and there where Axl isn't on his A-game, but goddamn!  He is in A+ territory right now, seriously.

Arbor Mist!?!?! my wife drinks arbor mist when she wants a "lighter wine!" my coors lite almost has as much alcohol! i just assumed he was drinking the stuff you had in your trunk, or the stuff the columbians gave you. that is hilarious!  rofl  i hope he's doing ok and hopefully his first date with that girl is not his last! and that's cool you didn't miss too many songs.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
AxlHBK
Headliner

Axl Loyalist

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2011, 06:12:59 PM »

Was there, and it was fucking awesome! Right up front in the pit the whole time. Band was truly amazing.

I was curious....did anyone catch what Axl was ranting about before Patience? He said the song was dedicated to his manager, and then there was some muffled words I didn't catch, and then I heard, "I really fucking hate him right now". Tommy was also clapping his hands while Axl was saying this, and Axl acknowledged that and said , "Even Tommy is thanking me for saying it", or something to that effect.

I've heard that Axl said a similar thing a few shows back, and now that Axl is repeating this sentiment, I really wonder whats going on there.

-Chinesedemocracy.com Refugee
sandman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2011, 06:31:45 PM »

here's an e-mail from my cousin on her thoughts on the show:

Hey Bill - That concert was INSANE!!!! Seriously one of the best shows I've ever seen! I can't believe how good Axl's voice sounded! The band was amazing. Kev and I left early cause I was WASTED!!!!!!! I wish I had seen the end of the show. What time did they come on and what time did they go off?Huh?? Did you guys stay for the whole concert? Thank you so much for getting the tix! The seats were amazing. I wish I could go back - it was such a great time!!!!!!

one other thing i thought of was right after Shackler's, Axl looked down into the pit area and said something like " these guys have been fighting for the last 10 minutes." i have to admit i got a little nervous that it would esculate into something bad, but it was cool. Axl was calm and just made sure security got the guy outta there. probably a huge relief for all the normal fans up in that area. what's interesting is i remember in June 1991 at the Spectrum in philadelphia, a very similar situation happened. Axl stopped in the middle of WTTJ and went off on some guy. I still remember him saying "you're a bloody mess" and he threatened to kick the guy's ass.

it's also ironic that on TMS Axl was just saying how the crowds at their shows were "more violent" back in 1991 and appear far more calm now. so much for that.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2011, 07:23:07 PM »

one other thing i thought of was right after Shackler's, Axl looked down into the pit area and said something like " these guys have been fighting for the last 10 minutes."

There's a video on youtube of it  Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJGptDesOLA

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2011, 12:41:17 AM »

Ha, let's go to the videotape.  Got to love (most of the time) how everything is caught on video and so accessible.

I guess they got the right guy tossed?  But would have been nice if the other gentleman used a better word to call him before saying good bye.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2011, 03:07:17 AM »

^^ That's what I thought too. A bit lame.
Anyway, way to go Axl, always good to see that they pay attention to what's going on in the audience and help prevent anything bad from happening.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:21 PM »

Ha, let's go to the videotape.  Got to love (most of the time) how everything is caught on video and so accessible.

I guess they got the right guy tossed?  But would have been nice if the other gentleman used a better word to call him before saying good bye.

yeah a typical barbaric meat head, those types of fans at shows embarrass the hell out of me. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: