Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ultimate classic rock final Guns n Roses:Rush
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ultimate classic rock final Guns n Roses:Rush  (Read 26070 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »

Ok, so GN'R posted this on their Facebook page again... but I was reading the comments and I can't believe how much hate some people have for this band. Why would you 'like' something on Facebook if you're just going to be a fucking cock sucker and talk shit about them? A lot of people in those comments have said they are voting for Rush.

It's the culture we live in. People would rather be negative than positive, whether it's politics or a gn'r message board, the majority of people that post frequently online are unhappy and feel compelled to express there negative feelings about just about anything in life to make themselves feel better.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »

Ok, so GN'R posted this on their Facebook page again... but I was reading the comments and I can't believe how much hate some people have for this band. Why would you 'like' something on Facebook if you're just going to be a fucking cock sucker and talk shit about them? A lot of people in those comments have said they are voting for Rush.

It's the culture we live in. People would rather be negative than positive, whether it's politics or a gn'r message board, the majority of people that post frequently online are unhappy and feel compelled to express there negative feelings about just about anything in life to make themselves feel better.

But some people write shit like they wish Axl was dead. That is just wrong.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »

This poll is annoying the hell outta me. We vote, vote and vote and yet GNR keeps falling behind and Rush gains so many %. 

So GNR can beat Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles but not Rush? Yeah I don't think so. It makes no sense at all.
It makes sense to me. The stones, zeppelin and the beatles are not active bands. Rush is an active touring and record releasing band. Their fans are dedicated and I bet the forums dedicated to the band is pushing this.

+ there are millions of fans like me, that don't really care for these kinds of things. I've voted once but I won't go on and on about something that does nothing for me. Oh what a bad fan I am  Tongue

The Rolling Stones are active?

Really? Not compared to Rush.

The stones released "a bigger bang" in 2005 (compilations don't count) and toured 05-07.

Since then Rush has released 2 albums (in 2007 and 2012) and played over 200 shows on 3 tours.

All this according to wikipedia. I'm not a fan of either bands but I know Rush has millions of passionate fans.
Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »

This poll is annoying the hell outta me. We vote, vote and vote and yet GNR keeps falling behind and Rush gains so many %. 

So GNR can beat Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles but not Rush? Yeah I don't think so. It makes no sense at all.
It makes sense to me. The stones, zeppelin and the beatles are not active bands. Rush is an active touring and record releasing band. Their fans are dedicated and I bet the forums dedicated to the band is pushing this.

+ there are millions of fans like me, that don't really care for these kinds of things. I've voted once but I won't go on and on about something that does nothing for me. Oh what a bad fan I am  Tongue

The stones released "a bigger bang" in 2005 (compilations don't count) and toured 05-07.

Since then Rush has released 2 albums (in 2007 and 2012) and played over 200 shows on 3 tours.

All this according to wikipedia. I'm not a fan of either bands but I know Rush has millions of passionate fans.

Rolling Stones just released a new single and they're on tour now.
Is Rush only big in the US? Cause I can't even mention one me their songs, nor do I remember them playing a show here and I don't know anyone else who knows them or their music.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »

More of a 70's band.  The guy's voice is really annoying after a while.

Seems like our votes are counting again.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
wadey
Legend

« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »

the Rush facebook page has 1,754,449 likes compared to GnR's 19,911,029 -  WTF !!!!

ive been browsing the rush forums and yeah there voting and stuff and bragging their in front, their even keeping tabs on our message boards. one of their fans is bragging about voting 30 times, ive voted like 130 times and were still behind !!!

must be something seriously corrupt about this voting system.... i dont mind losing, but im finding it hard to understand why were losing !!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2013, 06:37:45 PM »

Is Rush only big in the US? Cause I can't even mention one me their songs, nor do I remember them playing a show here and I don't know anyone else who knows them or their music.
No they are not currently on tour, they did however play a few shows in late 2012.

No Rush is not only big in the US, I don't even know if they are big there. They're from Canada. I'm from Sweden.

What you know about them or what your friends know are irrelevant in this matter.

Facebook means nothing in this. GN'R is a band with millions of casual fans. Rush is a band with a far smaller fan base but the average fan is probably more hardcore than the average GN'R fan.

If you like Sweet child o'mine you click on a button on facebook and there you go, you are a "fan". Most of those 20 million who likes GN'R on facebook don't give a shit about this.
Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »

No they are not currently on tour, they did however play a few shows in late 2012.

No Rush is not only big in the US, I don't even know if they are big there. They're from Canada. I'm from Sweden.

What you know about them or what your friends know are irrelevant in this matter.

Facebook means nothing in this. GN'R is a band with millions of casual fans. Rush is a band with a far smaller fan base but the average fan is probably more hardcore than the average GN'R fan.

If you like Sweet child o'mine you click on a button on facebook and there you go, you are a "fan". Most of those 20 million who likes GN'R on facebook don't give a shit about this.

Where did I say Facebook meant anything in this? I asked an honest question about Rush's popularity simply because I'd never heard of them until this poll, that's all.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2013, 07:58:29 PM »

GNR LOSE

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-vs-rush/

Undecided

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
axlstern
Headliner

« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2013, 08:31:21 PM »

!!!OH GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!  FUCK!!!!   THIS HORRIBLE......HOW WILL I EVER GET OV.....oh nevermind...im good now beer hihi
cineater
Legend

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »

What?  We were suppose to have until mid night.  Can't even get it to load up now.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2013, 09:48:44 PM »

Wait, we're still voting.  Hey if San Fran can come back, we can too.

suicide
VIP

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2013, 02:44:36 AM »

Guns N' Roses Vs. Rush (Poll Closed)

Guns N' Roses  43.27% 
Rush  56.73%

Oh well, we gave it our best shot.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2013, 08:04:54 AM »

That sucks.

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »

Where did I say Facebook meant anything in this? I asked an honest question about Rush's popularity simply because I'd never heard of them until this poll, that's all.
You never said anything about facebook, wadey did. I could've quoted him but I figured it was obvious that it wasn't directed at you personally.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »

You never said anything about facebook, wadey did. I could've quoted him but I figured it was obvious that it wasn't directed at you personally.

i never directed the Facebook figures at anyone. i just posted them as i found it hard to understand how we were losing considering the huge difference in Facebook likes.

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »

Too bad, but gotta give them Rush fans some cred here. We knocked out Stones, made Zep's levee break, and made sure the Beatles fans "weep gently". Did you see the feedback on the comment section? That's awesome  smoking

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »

I was just happy Led Zep and The Beatles were beaten because they're always at the top of lists. GNR and Rush had a nice fan battle going in the end. Dirk, Lerxst & Pratt had their"one little victory", or more GNR fans were just preoccupied watching Super Bowl.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »

More of a 70's band.  The guy's voice is really annoying after a while.

Seems like our votes are counting again.

Rush was a 70s band? Maybe that's when they began and 2112 put them on the map (although KISS did help build the Rush fanbase) , but their peak was in the 80s and went into digital overkill.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2013, 04:55:35 PM »

Next time round we need to vote against rush in the opening round  yes

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: