Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:00:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates) Atlanta July 27, 2016 Georgia Dome
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates) Atlanta July 27, 2016 Georgia Dome  (Read 25309 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2016, 09:55:30 PM »

The whole fuckin thing rocked! Period. End of Discussion...this is all I said at Gnrtruth...

"I have seen 7 UYI shows and 4 Chi Dem shows....last night was the best of the bunch. God Bless Duff...whatever he did to get Ax and Slash back on stage together worked. They both seem to be pushing each other to be their VERY best. Sure, it is ego, but it is ego fueled by competition and mutual respect. It was simply awesome to see and hear.

and fuck youtube.....no where close to doing the sound and overall visuals justice....be there or be square!"

Other points...had tears in eyes on multiple occasions. Got to the bar around 4....huge Gnr pre-party. The energy was so fuckin positve...all the Gnr shirts, rock chicks. Then went and met my brother and 3 other sets of brothers and wives. Pretty special....

As for Slash and Duff, good gracious. They are infinitely better players than they were in the 90's. Axl is just feeding off their mojo. As stated, he has to bring it to keep up. He is bringing it.

Other than that, everyone I have talked to (or heard on radio) was blown away by how good it was.  Shocked

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:50 PM »

ps....Slash's work on the CD songs is absolutely perfect..... ok
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:14:10 PM by sky dog » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2016, 01:55:45 AM »

ps....Slash's work on the CD songs is absolutely perfect..... ok

Obyously.. Is GNR

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2016, 07:58:26 AM »

You Could Be Mine has to be his weakest song vocally. It doesn't sound right with "clean" vocals, and almost needs to be screamed throughout. I am a realist though, and I know that at 54 years old it's a little harder to do that. YCBM is a song I guess the casual fan is gonna want to hear. Honestly it's one of those songs I can take or leave, especially given the fact that he really can't give it a full go anymore.

I agree the points on his vocals on this one, but I couldn't imagine seeing GNR without them playing that.

I think his weakest song is SCOM.  Not sure why, but it's consistently weakest song each night.

OTGM, I think is just OK as a song.  But he leans into that one and kills it, I think.  Welcome addition to this tour.

Second half of YCBM is not clean.  He nails it.  He starts off clean, but he picks up intensity and rips the end. 

ALso on RQ

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2016, 07:58:58 AM »

You Could Be Mine has to be his weakest song vocally. It doesn't sound right with "clean" vocals, and almost needs to be screamed throughout. I am a realist though, and I know that at 54 years old it's a little harder to do that. YCBM is a song I guess the casual fan is gonna want to hear. Honestly it's one of those songs I can take or leave, especially given the fact that he really can't give it a full go anymore.

I agree the points on his vocals on this one, but I couldn't imagine seeing GNR without them playing that.

I think his weakest song is SCOM.  Not sure why, but it's consistently weakest song each night.

OTGM, I think is just OK as a song.  But he leans into that one and kills it, I think.  Welcome addition to this tour.

SCOM at Atlanta sounded amazing.

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2016, 08:02:18 AM »

SCOM at Atlanta sounded amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nO_OophVTU - I think he sings it lightly on purpose cause he knows the entire crowd will carry the song live.  It is a sing-a-long song.  He doesn't soung weak here, just relaxed.  He certainly is not singing for YOUTUBE.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2016, 08:55:07 AM »

Second half of YCBM is not clean.  He nails it.  He starts off clean, but he picks up intensity and rips the end. 

ALso on RQ
Yeah, he clearly improved his performance on YCBM in this tour.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »

Yeah, he clearly improved his performance on YCBM in this tour.

From the audience, in MetLife, YCBM sounded just about album perfect.  The only rough spots I remember, the whole night, were during a key change for TIL and a 3 second vocal "crack" during coma.  He absolutely slayed YCBM AND SCOM.  I do agree with an earlier poster..there are times he pulls back on his vocals to let the crowd sing along.  And the Metlife crowd did not disappoint.

I will also say....going back and listening to bootlegs and youtubes and the scopes....even my own personal video on my phone....live vs memorex there is no comparison.  Pretty much everyone says he sounded AMAZING via the recording sources that night.....I will tell you he sounded BETTER live.  His vocals have so much more depth, live.  Ditto with the guitar work. Some of the subtlety and inflection and nuances are just lost via the recordings we have.  Short a sound board, I'm not sure there's any way around that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »

There was this video that got pulled in 2009 with the GNR rehearsal for the tour (that only came to happen at the ending of that year) when the sound engineer talked about how difficult it was to mix the three guitar sonic wall with Axl's voice. He said it was tough because it sounded like a guitar. I kinda agree with him, it does sound like a lead guitar sometimes.

The thing with YouTube and bootlegs in general is that it takes away the concept of the whole sound. In the live environment, Axl is mixed within the other instruments. When you hear a recording, you tend to overanalyze it. It's just that simple. I know people like to point fingers and say it's an excuse, because when he sounds good (or with rasp voice) you can def notice it on YouTube.. But still, its a fact: the sound is mixed to a live performance, not for an audience bootleg recording.

Sorry_For_You
Opening Act

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2016, 10:44:49 AM »

Hello everyone,

The Atlanta show was Amazing, chills the entire time.  It was my daughter's first rock concert and she was blown away.  She was evening singing along with Better (yeah, I rock as a dad).

Here is a roughly 7 min video montage I put together with some highlights from the show that I recorded during the performance.

Enjoy!

-Cliff

https://youtu.be/AhxahBFDYcs
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »

....huge Gnr pre-party. The energy was so fuckin positve...all the Gnr shirts, rock chicks.

Wasn't this one of the best parts of the whole experience?  I loved my show for it's performance, which was great.

But I also loved seeing such a mass of people.  Such a mass of people all decked out in GNR stuff.  Such a mass of people that all just exuded complete happiness and thrill to finally be seeing this again.

Just a great, great night.  

Anyone that didn't buy a ticket when it came to your town needs their heads examined.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2016, 10:56:13 AM »

yep....loved it all...

bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2016, 12:55:55 PM »

I only know from singing it at karaoke that SCOM is a hard song to "scream" and I'm a pretty vocally trained 33 year old.

I like the way Axl paces himself. Unfortunately the human voice eventually does change and lose it's power over time - regardless of how much you preserve it. Vintage Axl's "singing" style was something that had a shelf life. His disappearance for almost a decade probably speaks volumes of that. Without assuming things, who knows what was going on with his voice back then? Perhaps some sort of vocal surgery? Perhaps some sort of personal unhappiness with the sound of his voice?

I've seen other "aging" acts live - Bon Jovi, Motley Crue to name a couple, and present day Axl really blows both of them away vocally, and energy wise.

I've seen them live 18 times since 2000 - starting with the Vegas shows in 2001, from the full tour in 2002, from the Hammerstein shows(all four) in 2006, from the small gigs in 2012(Roseland, The Ritz, etc..)... and I've been overall happy with a lot of them. The Hammerstein shows were absolutely magical - and I got to know Ron Thal personally, and that man is a saint. Not a bad word to speak of him.

Somehow the "Not In This Lifetime" tour shows make everything right. Slash just makes everything better.

Being 33, I never got to see the original band, or the Illusions lineup - so this right now is the best incarnation of Guns N' Roses that I've seen and may ever see. I personally couldn't be any happier.

Guns N' Roses have provided me with a lot of great memories in my life. That can't be taken away.
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »

Easily this was by far the best show in my entire life!!! It was nice to bump fists with Jarmo at last!
My recommendation: this tour is a MUST to any GN'R fan (casual, hardcore, etc)

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: