Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:09:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March to reunion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: March to reunion  (Read 4908 times)
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 06, 2016, 10:13:31 PM »

Anyone hoping they do a paid stream or something for the first show !!!!!!
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 10:22:50 PM »

Hell yes!!

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:03:51 PM »

"For somethings sometimes it's the same time all over the world."   4 weeks  #GnFnR  ✌️
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:05:26 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 11:05:12 PM »

Hell yes!!

Would be pretty cool for all the fans that can't be there but from management's perspective, way too risky imo.  G N' R fans (and the general public/media can be and have been highly critical of G N' R and their performances over the years.  If they don't come out sounding their best, one or two of them has a bad show, etc etc....it could really hurt future tour date sales and the overall reputation of the reunion.

Last thing they want to read the next morning is a headline like "G N' R Reunion Fails to Impress on live Stream"....could be disastrous.  I'm 90% sure they will absolutely rock....but I don't think there should be any added pressure on them at this point.

-KK
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 11:10:41 PM »

I'm sure there will be people periscoping.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 11:18:09 PM »

Screw all the negative shit that's bound to come out. It always does! Let's just enjoy the ride as true fans of this amazing thing about to happen!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 11:19:48 PM »

"For somethings sometimes it's the same time all over the world."   4 weeks  #GnFnR  ✌️

Excellent quote!!!! Nice one!!!!!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 11:25:50 PM »

Excellent quote!!!! Nice one!!!!!

Yeah it is!

At first I thought it was something GNR had tweeted, maybe hinting at some stream or something. Got excited, haha.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 11:51:57 PM »

Would be pretty cool for all the fans that can't be there but from management's perspective, way too risky imo.  G N' R fans (and the general public/media can be and have been highly critical of G N' R and their performances over the years.  If they don't come out sounding their best, one or two of them has a bad show, etc etc....it could really hurt future tour date sales and the overall reputation of the reunion.

Last thing they want to read the next morning is a headline like "G N' R Reunion Fails to Impress on live Stream"....could be disastrous.  I'm 90% sure they will absolutely rock....but I don't think there should be any added pressure on them at this point.

Agreed.  More risk than reward.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 12:02:32 AM »

If not live, they could film the two nights, do some post-production and release it digitally a week later. Combine the two nights, select the best performances to create one show.

"The Historic Weekend" or something.

With a (small) chance the performance for some reason is not up to par (they haven't played together for some time...), maybe not announce the plan before the show.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 04:52:12 AM »

If not live, they could film the two nights, do some post-production and release it digitally a week later. Combine the two nights, select the best performances to create one show.

"The Historic Weekend" or something.

With a (small) chance the performance for some reason is not up to par (they haven't played together for some time...), maybe not announce the plan before the show.  Smiley

Nah, i dont like when live dvds are done from a compilation of performances creating the illusion of one gig. I much prefer to see the real thing. ala Tokyo dome 1992 or O2 arena London 2012.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 05:07:32 AM »

Sure, same idea works for the Friday night only... release it some days later.

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 08:03:31 AM »

This will happen regardless. If they have a bad night, there will be critics at the show and the headline will be "GNR reunion fails to impress" anyways. If anything, a streaming would never be a proper way to review a show for a serious journalist.

For the fans, it's a different situation. We will get shitty Periscope streaming for sure. After the gig, we will have YouTube with different levels of shittness. Would be really cool for people around the globe to get this historic moment in a proper way, with decent sound and video.

I don't see it happening, though. Guess we will have the streaming eventually for Coachella.

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 10:59:32 AM »

There will be bashing, critics and bad comments one way or another. It is cool to diss big bands nowadays on the internet...its happening with U2, Metallica, Kiss, Stones, etc... people have the need to hate on the internet.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 04:49:49 PM »

Well as a fan who cant be at these gigs... my fear is that the best ill get to see of the opening gig is some mobile phone footage downloaded to youtube....

so i am hoping that something else is planned in terms of a professional release (if a stream of the show isnt on the cards.

As Spirit said.. being the first show back, i would like to think there is plans to release it in some form or another pro shot in the near future.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »

No on live stream.....first show back could be rough or slightly sloppy. Too much money on a future big time tour to risk fucking yourself on one off night.Get your sea legs then start thinking about official releases. Just my 2.

You can't erase 25 years in a week. They will need time to gel again.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »

How I hate people with mobiles during a concert. Really ?  Go Home! =)

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 10:27:07 PM »

How I hate people with mobiles during a concert. Really ?  Go Home! =)

i agree.... but go to any concert these days, and all you see is people looking at the concert through their mobile phone while they record the concert they are at.

Its highly annoying, but thats the world we live in these days.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 11:25:42 PM »

I will love a live streaming!!!! Like we had on YT in RIR 2011.... or Inland Invasion 2006.

I saw both concerts live online... that was very special. Almost like a live experience.

axlvai
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: