Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:37:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 734532 times)
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #1760 on: April 22, 2008, 04:33:19 PM »

On second listen this guitar work sounds nothing like Robin's work on any of the GNR demos....who knows though>
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1761 on: April 22, 2008, 04:39:38 PM »

If you want to discuss NIN related issues, you're more than welcome to do so in the Bad Obsession section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #1762 on: April 22, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »

Sorry, just saw this as possibly the last nail in the coffin for Robin in GNR
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1763 on: April 22, 2008, 04:45:44 PM »

Dizzy's doing his own thing with hookers n blow playing shows, Tommy's out playing with different people all the time, as is Frank, Ron etc... why is it such a big deal that Robin wants to go out and play shows too? gnr's not doing anything and Robin is first and foremost a musician so more power to him to wanna get out and rock out

Every 5 pages or so, there will be someone who brings up this stupid analogy.   Roll Eyes

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #1764 on: April 22, 2008, 04:55:17 PM »

Seriously, I dont see any reason why they released that "press release" with such level of knowledge of the situation. Really, how hard is it to call him and ask whats going on?

Imagine this happening during the GN'R tour (not very likely to happen), between gigs Robin joins NIN and GN'R's  confused management nervous releases a statements saying "We don't know whats going on, so well just cancel rest of the tour, thanks for your support."?

I'm assuming they responded because the GNR fanbase on the internet was in a frenzy.  And they were honest with their response.  It's now up to Robin to let the people know what his deal is, if he so chooses.  And let's not put all the blame on the GNR camp here.  You could ask, how hard is it to call Robin to find out what his deal is.  But it works both ways.  How hard is it for Robin to call up Axl or GNR management and tell them what his deal is?

Why assume they never spoke?
It makes sense a press release follows attempts to communicate.
The good new is this isn't affecting anything right now and GN'R have decided to be cool about it and keep the door open....for a while.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1765 on: April 22, 2008, 05:00:10 PM »

leatherebel I understand how much arrogant you're but can't you try be a bit less rude ot other posters?

Some other GNR members are also recording tho. 
I follow the band's example and don't speculate at the moment.
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #1766 on: April 22, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »

leatherebel I understand how much arrogant you're but can't you try be a bit less rude ot other posters?

Some other GNR members are also recording tho. 
I follow the band's example and don't speculate at the moment.

Yeah, and GN'R issues press-releases about the other members and their activities too?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1767 on: April 22, 2008, 05:10:59 PM »

maybe because of the fuss?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1768 on: April 22, 2008, 05:13:44 PM »

So under that logic... Axl's appearance on Don Henley's 1989 "I Will Not Go Quietly" was the final nail in the coffin for Axl in GN'R?

Again... let's see Robin take a pass on CONCRETE GN'R plans to release Chinese Democracy and tour before we nail any coffins...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1769 on: April 22, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »

there is no concrete when it comes to Trent and NIN. They are one of my fav bands but there is no band. Trent will hire and fire or allow Touring members to leave... left and right. Robin fit NIN great because of looks and talent... however this doesn't translate into Robin leaving GN'R for certain.

Robin is merely a "hired gun" for Trent. There's atleast 100 other guitarists dying to take his place. Robin is officially a member of Guns N Roses... Robin will never be an official member of Nine Inch Nails.

If Robin is out... I will be heartbroken. Aside from Tommy... he is probably the best fit in the new GN'R. I love Robin and hope to the heavens he doesn't leave.

Buckethead can be replaced... Robin simply can't.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1770 on: April 22, 2008, 05:35:06 PM »

Here's what Bumblefoot said on the subject:

Quote from: Bumblefoot
I don't make public announcements about GnR bizz until after an official statement comes from GnR.  Would be like you at a family get-together saying "Gather 'round everybody, I have some big news...!"  And then your douchebag brother runs over and yells "He's GAY!"   It would ruin your big outting.  Even though everybody's dying to know if you're gay or not - aint my place to tell them you're gay.  You'll let the world know when you're ready.   Despite some people's curiosity, you may not feel the need to divulge every bit of details about your assplay technique to your inquiring friends and family.  So, please accept that any info you receive from anyone at anytime is at their own personal discretion, and it's often in better taste to keep details subtle.

As previously stated, we're focused on bizz now, *IF* a conflict arises down the road, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Ron

Yes but if Ron is in GNR, then GNR is HIS Business, so he has every right if we are led to believe that this is Guns N Roses to say whatever he wants about his band.

Stuff like this makes it seem like Axl Rose and his band of musicians.

Tommy Thayer or Eric Singer would have to ask Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley permission to speak about Kiss cause they are hired hands

So essentially that is what this sounds like. Those guys are hired hands in a band called Guns N Roses.

Either that or Axl is gonna announce he is gay............... thats bout all i got out of that comment from Ron. hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1771 on: April 22, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »

there is no concrete when it comes to Trent and NIN. They are one of my fav bands but there is no band. Trent will hire and fire or allow Touring members to leave... left and right. Robin fit NIN great because of looks and talent... however this doesn't translate into Robin leaving GN'R for certain.

Robin is merely a "hired gun" for Trent. There's atleast 100 other guitarists dying to take his place. Robin is officially a member of Guns N Roses... Robin will never be an official member of Nine Inch Nails.

If Robin is out... I will be heartbroken. Aside from Tommy... he is probably the best fit in the new GN'R. I love Robin and hope to the heavens he doesn't leave.

Buckethead can be replaced... Robin simply can't.

JAQUE MATE

smoking

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1772 on: April 22, 2008, 05:57:38 PM »

Here's what Bumblefoot said on the subject:

Quote from: Bumblefoot
I don't make public announcements about GnR bizz until after an official statement comes from GnR.  Would be like you at a family get-together saying "Gather 'round everybody, I have some big news...!"  And then your douchebag brother runs over and yells "He's GAY!"   It would ruin your big outting.  Even though everybody's dying to know if you're gay or not - aint my place to tell them you're gay.  You'll let the world know when you're ready.   Despite some people's curiosity, you may not feel the need to divulge every bit of details about your assplay technique to your inquiring friends and family.  So, please accept that any info you receive from anyone at anytime is at their own personal discretion, and it's often in better taste to keep details subtle.

As previously stated, we're focused on bizz now, *IF* a conflict arises down the road, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Ron

Yes but if Ron is in GNR, then GNR is HIS Business, so he has every right if we are led to believe that this is Guns N Roses to say whatever he wants about his band.

Stuff like this makes it seem like Axl Rose and his band of musicians.

Tommy Thayer or Eric Singer would have to ask Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley permission to speak about Kiss cause they are hired hands

So essentially that is what this sounds like. Those guys are hired hands in a band called Guns N Roses.

Can it not be both? The fact IS that they are hired musicians. That is the legal nature of their relationship to Axl and Guns N' Roses (just as it was with Slash and Duff at the tail end of their tenures BTW).

However, I don't see how that completely rules out the possibility that a very real "band dynamic" exists whenever they get together to tour, write or record, etc. I understand the concern... but I think people place too much value on the very limited issue of "communication to the media/general public" when judging whether GN'R is a "band" these days. Yes, other bands tend to spread that responsibility out amongst all its members... this one has chosen to "centralize" it around one member (Axl) and management. I don't think it's really all that important though IMHO when you realize the apparent need to "control the message" is most likely related to Axl's/GN'R's 20+ years of "bumpy" experiences dealing with media and general public as opposed to some plot to undercut the current band members or something...

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:59:47 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1773 on: April 22, 2008, 09:33:36 PM »

Considering Robin Finck doesn't have 1 credit on any GN'R album, I'd say he's as much an official member of NIN as he is an official member of GN'R.  hihi

We at least know that he's a touring guitar player for NIN. The same can't be said about his role in GN'R these days. Hell, Axl's PR guy didn't even seem to want to speculate on his status.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1774 on: April 22, 2008, 10:26:49 PM »

At least this has stopped people speculating whether Brain's in or out.  hihi

And there goes the challenger...
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1775 on: April 22, 2008, 10:50:55 PM »

i'm not going to speculate if robin is in or out of gnr... what this does imply is that there are no immediate touring plans for gnr..  Fink was warmly received on th 06-07 tour.. if gnr was planning on touring i doubt he would have taken the NIN gig.. on the other hand... we are talking about the guys lively hood.. if trent offered him decent pay check to tour with a band that he was once part of.. then whats the prob with him taking the gig?  there is no threat of him leaving gnr to join NIN because trent is NIN.. there arent really any other members.. just a touring band..
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1776 on: April 22, 2008, 11:21:44 PM »

Right, if gnr were an active band none of this (speculation and otherwise) would be happening. But they aren't, and so it is. At some point musicians get tired of sitting around. They like to play to live audiences, and to those who can, do.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1777 on: April 23, 2008, 01:06:52 AM »

I am just waiting for Robin to speak up now, am I the only one who is expecting that? Tongue
He's just touring as far as we know.

also, i think it's really funny how so many will 'jump on the wagon' and support these various guys JUST BECAUSE they get hired by GNR as temporary instrumentalists.  how many of you are still following GIlby Clarke's illustrious career?  just something to think about.
I got ALL Bucketheads albums, think about that instead Kiss

He has a hell of an uphill climb to replace a legend anyway.
He doesn't, he has his own scene.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1778 on: April 23, 2008, 04:47:27 AM »

Maybe this thread should be locked pending further information. I mean, the press release from the GN'R camp is all we're going to get now. Hell, people are reading into posts on the NIN site for fucks sake.

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1779 on: April 23, 2008, 04:53:23 AM »

Maybe this thread should be locked pending further information. I mean, the press release from the GN'R camp is all we're going to get now. Hell, people are reading into posts on the NIN site for fucks sake.

the way I see it, its not an issue until the band is needed for a tour.   At this point, thats still up in the air, and Robin is free to do what he is doing, just as the rest of the band is doing their own things.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: