Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1566102 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6340 on: May 11, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »

He can't tour again without Slash.  Not the US, anyway.

The rest of the world rolls with that shit.  We tend not to.

He can, but it just won't be stadiums. It'll have to be Vegas, House of Blues, Fillmore type places...

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6341 on: May 11, 2017, 04:30:04 PM »

Isn't Vegas in US?

Yep.  And that is what they were down to.  One city.

Probably the prime destination/vaction spot in the country, in a small ass venue, and they still had to paper the house some nights.

Shit was GRIM in 2014, stateside.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6342 on: May 12, 2017, 07:22:03 AM »

Isn't Vegas in US?

Probably the prime destination/vaction spot in the country, in a small ass venue, and they still had to paper the house some nights.

Ah, happy days over the pond! Trawling my ass around to Arenas across the country, missing all the transport links by HOURS, sleeping at train stations, on people's floors. To be honest- I wouldn't change it! I had a blast. Not that I won't enjoy a nice 'on time' performance this time around though of course!

Seriously though- don't you think all the saga, the ups and downs, the rants, the tension, the late/no shows, have all just added to your love of this band? Doesn't it make this tour almost feel like 'your' shows? I think it has for me. It feels like a victory lap. Sure, a lot of casual fans will turn up, and get what they paid for, but it almost feels so much sweeter having been there all those years experiencing the highs and lows. 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6343 on: May 12, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »

Isn't Vegas in US?

Ah, happy days over the pond! Trawling my ass around to Arenas across the country, missing all the transport links by HOURS, sleeping at train stations, on people's floors. To be honest- I wouldn't change it! I had a blast. Not that I won't enjoy a nice 'on time' performance this time around though of course!

Seriously though- don't you think all the saga, the ups and downs, the rants, the tension, the late/no shows, have all just added to your love of this band? Doesn't it make this tour almost feel like 'your' shows? I think it has for me. It feels like a victory lap. Sure, a lot of casual fans will turn up, and get what they paid for, but it almost feels so much sweeter having been there all those years experiencing the highs and lows. 

I think that's what we have to tell ourselves now for putting up with all the bullshit over the years.  It's like our reward for having stuck with the band through all the lineup changes, late shows, canceled shows, etc.  It is a great show.  A lot more energy (especially in the crowd).  I'm excited to get to see them again in a couple months.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6344 on: May 12, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »

I'm sort of torn on this.

It was getting less and less fun bring a fan as the entire CD misadventure went on.  I was still pretty into all the way throuhg the 2010 shows.  But 2011 onwards felt like complete running in place.  And on top of that, even the live shows were getting spotty, to be kind.  Even the band itself was getting disturbingly irrelevant.  And by the time of that 2014 Vegas residency, they were the defintion of a niche act, which I found totally depressing considering this is one of the biggest rock legacies of their era.

Did 2016 "make it all worth it"?  Ultimately, I suppose so.  But on the flipside, had I just cashed out at any time duing the CD era, I'd have still been at the show in 2016.  Whether I "stayed loyal "and "paid my dues" or not.  So it's hard to say.

I tend to just say it like this.  Axl wasted a lot of time and lot of his prime years fucking around.  But, eventually, figured it out and the band is now back where it belongs, in the limelight, not the shadows.

Any fan has to love the past 2 years.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:54:38 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6345 on: May 12, 2017, 10:22:50 AM »

I'm sort of torn on this.

It was getting less and less fun bring a fan as the entire CD misadventure went on.  I was still pretty into all the way throuhg the 2010 shows.  But 2011 onwards felt like complete running in place.  And on top of that, even the live shows were getting spotty, to be kind.  Even the band itself was getting disturbingly irrelevant.  And by the time of that 2014 Vegas residency, they were the defintion of a niche act, which I found totally depressing considering this is one of the biggest rock legacies of their era.

Did 2016 "make it all worth it"?  Ultimately, I suppose so.  But on the flipside, had I just cashed out at any time duing the CD era, I'd have still been at the show in 2016.  Whether I "stayed loyal "and "paid my dues" or not.  So it's hard to say.

I tend to just say it like this.  Axl wasted a lot of time and lot of his prime years fucking around.  But, eventually, figured it out and the band is now back where it belongs, in the limelight, not the shadows.

Any fan has to love the past 2 years.

Yeah.  I hear ya.  The "Paradise City Road" picture from Vegas a few years back really hit it home for me.  I literally had to explain to several people that was actually the band, and not a cover band.  It just looked odd (to be nice).  Axl not being there clearly didn't help. 

Absolutely no complaints the last two years.  Shows have been consistently killer!  IMO, the setlist comments are way overblown, and really just trying to poke holes in an otherwise flawless tour.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6346 on: May 12, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »

I really enjoyed the 2006-14 years. I still hope to hear what was recorded with Finck and Bucket. I am just happy when GNR is active plain and simple  beer

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6347 on: May 12, 2017, 02:17:45 PM »

Yeah.  I hear ya.  The "Paradise City Road" picture from Vegas a few years back really hit it home for me.  I literally had to explain to several people that was actually the band, and not a cover band.  It just looked odd (to be nice).  Axl not being there clearly didn't help. 

GREAT point.  That picture was a huge bummer.

Honestly, if that initial 2001/02 band stayed together, even though they would never be the "Guns N' Roses" people knew and accepted, it would have made it easier on we fans.

But when you were down to the replacment's replacement replacement...it all got rather silly.  and yes, not even Axl around to give it even a whiff of legitimacy was a problem.

And I agree about this tour.  It's been excellent.  I think it's the most professional tour in band history.  No lateness, no rants, no bad moods, no one is too fucked up to play...it's all been amazing.  I have every boot of every show this tour and I haven't heard an off night yet.  They just show up and get it done, nightly.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6348 on: May 12, 2017, 02:18:47 PM »

I really enjoyed the 2006-14 years. I still hope to hear what was recorded with Finck and Bucket. I am just happy when GNR is active plain and simple  beer

Just about the only boots I listen to from that era are 2006.  Some great shows that summer.

That WTTJ from Rock Am Ring is still one of my favoite live versions of that song.  That intro scream is incredible.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6349 on: May 12, 2017, 03:45:21 PM »

Just about the only boots I listen to from that era are 2006.  Some great shows that summer.

That WTTJ from Rock Am Ring is still one of my favoite live versions of that song.  That intro scream is incredible.

Prob one of my Top 5 favorite concerts to listen to/watch.  He really had it all then...looked and sounded like a total badass.  Only wish they struck while the iron was hot and released CD then.  Similarly, the iron is hot now (way hotter, in fact).  That's why, IMO, timing is right to release another album (especially with the upcoming 30th anniversary of AFD).  But common sense hasn't had much luck with this band, so I won't hold my breath.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6350 on: May 12, 2017, 09:21:30 PM »

Prob one of my Top 5 favorite concerts to listen to/watch.  He really had it all then...looked and sounded like a total badass.  Only wish they struck while the iron was hot and released CD then.  Similarly, the iron is hot now (way hotter, in fact).  That's why, IMO, timing is right to release another album (especially with the upcoming 30th anniversary of AFD).  But common sense hasn't had much luck with this band, so I won't hold my breath.

My big issue as well.  The timing is perfect again for new music, and because of that, there's likely very little chance of it happening.  You know, cuz Axl.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6351 on: May 13, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »

I agree, just like in 2006 and now....the timing seems perfect for a new album but we all know our timing and GNR timing isn't on the same clock  rofl

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6352 on: May 13, 2017, 01:11:30 PM »

The iron was hot in 2002 too, IMO. But 2006 was undoubtly the best year to be a fan of the band after the breakup. The band was on fire. The new music was awesome (again, IMO). Now, we don't have new music nor a concrete plan to release a new album. Most of all: average fan doesnt care about new music now. There's no hype, no myth, no promises. Thats why I dont think the timing now isnt exactly as good.

But who cares, right? As long as they release something and its good now, I would be more than happy. Thats what I think will happen eventually.

Isn't Vegas in US?

That was my point: when the band toured all over the world, they played an average of two cities per country. Not much different than playing only in Vegas IMO.

Sure Brazil did got more cities in 2010 and 2013/14 (cant remember), but I think the band/Axl have this different relationship with Brazil.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6353 on: May 13, 2017, 05:59:50 PM »

The iron was hot in 2002 too, IMO. But 2006 was undoubtly the best year to be a fan of the band after the breakup. The band was on fire. The new music was awesome (again, IMO). Now, we don't have new music nor a concrete plan to release a new album. Most of all: average fan doesnt care about new music now. There's no hype, no myth, no promises. Thats why I dont think the timing now isnt exactly as good.

But who cares, right? As long as they release something and its good now, I would be more than happy. Thats what I think will happen eventually.

Isn't Vegas in US?

That was my point: when the band toured all over the world, they played an average of two cities per country. Not much different than playing only in Vegas IMO.

Sure Brazil did got more cities in 2010 and 2013/14 (cant remember), but I think the band/Axl have this different relationship with Brazil.

Yeah, but the issue here is that the US have numerous cities that bands hit on tours.  No one plays "America", you play all across it.  They weren't doing that.

And this is before we even get into venue size.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6354 on: May 13, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »

What can we expect at this point?

- Slash has traditionally recorded tracks with a classic sound.
- Axl is more of an experimental character.

Will the next album feature processed drums, electronic sounds etc?

Personally I hope Axl is open to embrace a more classic, organic sound. Subtle electronic elements is ok though.

I would be happy with a new acoustic song as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #6355 on: May 13, 2017, 06:54:36 PM »

Cold hard fact is that this current incarnation can tour and sell out stadiums as long as they want. It only speaks to the impact Gn'r made that this is the case so many years later with really only a few albums worth of material..however, I know many who like the band but wouldn't go see this last tour because it reaked to them as a nostalgia cash grab.

A new album now, while the rock scene is somewhat lame, could be of historic impact on Rock n Roll.

It's time and this guy is hoping that it's been done in secret and will be unleashed shortly
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6356 on: May 13, 2017, 07:51:19 PM »

Yeah, but the issue here is that the US have numerous cities that bands hit on tours.  No one plays "America", you play all across it.  They weren't doing that.

And this is before we even get into venue size.
Sure, for an american band yeah. Still, by that point they had multiple US tours from 2002-2014.
I do not disagree with you. Im just pointing out there is a big reason why US may not "roll with this shit".

Personally I hope Axl is open to embrace a more classic, organic sound. Subtle electronic elements is ok though.

Well, the live set does sound way more organic now. The reworked Better has far less synth/electronic aside from the intro with bass/synth combo adding the layer for the guitars to kick in. I believe this is a pretty good indication of the sound direction a new album would have now.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6357 on: May 13, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »

Axl is going to be a guest performer tonight with Billy Joel at Dodger Stadium.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #6358 on: May 13, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »

Axl is going to be a guest performer tonight with Billy Joel at Dodger Stadium.

Source?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6359 on: May 14, 2017, 12:52:48 AM »

Well, that depends on if it's CD2 with Slash, a mix, or entirely new material.

But I would expect a stylistic mix of CD and World on Fire, which are not terribly far apart in some ways. Slash went in a much heavier direction with that album. And a lot of people don't realize Slash has used electronic stuff in his work as well, and has written his fair share of ballads on his own.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: