Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:35:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  ANVIL the movie and ANVIL the band playing in NYC for 1 night only this Wed.!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ANVIL the movie and ANVIL the band playing in NYC for 1 night only this Wed.!  (Read 1048 times)
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« on: June 01, 2009, 09:50:28 PM »

ANVIL the movie and ANVIL the band are both playing in NYC for 1 night only this Wed at the village cinema!  I saw this movie on Sat. and it was awesome! This movie made me laugh and cry.  This band is still trying to make it and has not stopped trying since 1982.  The rockumentary is all about never giving up on your dreams.  So, all my gunner friends in the nyc area should definitely go and support this band.  It is our METAL DUTY!

Blabbermouth:
ANVIL will perform live after the 10:00 p.m. screening of "Anvil! The Story Of Anvil" on June 3, 2009 at The Village East Cinema in New York City.

As a result of the initial success of "Anvil! The Story of Anvil", VH1 Films and Abramorama have extensively expanded the distribution of the film and will continue throughout the summer in additional markets across the country and Canada.

Since debuting in theaters in April, "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" has already grossed $380,000 in only 37 theaters, including last week's sold-out "Anvil Experience" show at the NuArt theater in Los Angeles. "The Anvil Experience" tour will also continue throughout the summer in expanded markets. At each tour stop, the film will be played immediately followed by a short performance by the band. With recent features in Newsweek and Rolling Stone, this expansion of the film marks a stellar comeback for the 30 year-old band.

Praised as "the best documentary I've seen in years," by documentarian Michael Moore, "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" contains appearances by an array of heavy metal icons, including METALLICA's Lars Ulrich, former member of GUNS N' ROSES, Slash, ANTHRAX's Scott Ian, and SLAYER's Tom Araya, among others.

http://www.bumpershine.com/2009/05/31/anvil-the-band-and-the-movie-playing-village-east-cinema.html

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: