Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bras?lia, DF, Brazil, March 25, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bras?lia, DF, Brazil, March 25, 2014 updates  (Read 32477 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »

If he did mean that, he should go and burn all of his GN'R CDs.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »

If he did mean that, he should go and burn all of his GN'R CDs.

First off, NCrazy didn't say or suggest that in any way, shape or form.

Second, why do all you negative ninnies think that the rest of us can't totally enjoy GNR in 2014 and 1986 GNR and everything in between?  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2014, 01:46:32 PM »

I also enjoy both generations. But there are some things you just can't say.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2014, 01:56:07 PM »

I also enjoy both generations. But there are some things you just can't say.
NCrazy didn't say it.  D-GenerationX did (even though it had absolutely nothing to do with what NCrazy was saying).

If someone says something positive about GNR 2014, people like D-GenerationX and others twists it into something it ain't.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2014, 02:20:16 PM »

If someone says something positive about GNR 2014, people like D-GenerationX and others twists it into something it ain't.

So there was some other way to take this :

How come when many of us say we think His voice is as good or better than "back in the day" we are labeled as  in denial? I couldn't care less about just always saying Axl sounds awesome-as pointed out - his high rasp sounds awful at the riot show- sounds real rough on the UYI vids from Japan & is again horrible at times at the Ritz - I think his voice is way more powerful, holds notes longer & is just more listenable then back in the day.

Come on now.

But this is exactly what I was talking about in the another thread.

No one comes here and just posts "wow, Axl sucks."  All my devious twisting is in response to someone else's comment.

He asks why people think he's in denial.  Well, its right there.  That is why.  Suggesting his voice is more powerful and just more listenable now versus then is going to get you that sort of label.  That will be the extreme minority opinion from now until the end of time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »

Come on now.

But this is exactly what I was talking about in the another thread.

No one comes here and just posts "wow, Axl sucks."  All my devious twisting is in response to someone else's comment.

He asks why people think he's in denial.  Well, its right there.  That is why.  Suggesting his voice is more powerful and just more listenable now versus then is going to get you that sort of label.  That will be the extreme minority opinion from now until the end of time.

But it was also pointed out how there were just as many criticisms (vocals & music) of live performances back in the day as there are today.

I'd bet if you listened back to the '88 Ritz and '92 Tokyo shows, you can find 20 seconds of the band being "off" in your opinion too!  Wink

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »

....sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2014, 02:50:11 PM »

....sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.....
Welcome to the world of a GNR fan forum.  Tongue

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »

His nightrain from two days ago was damn good.

Can anyone find a paradise city 2011-2013 even close to 92 Paris or 2010 Montreal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-uuRniymoQ
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:23:03 PM by gunsbetterthanever » Logged

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2014, 03:22:48 PM »

Can anyone find a paradise city 2011-2013 even close to 92 Paris or 2010 Montreal?

hellfest 12
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »

hellfest 12

Link please?
I am doubting u.  But I need to see.
Smiley

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2014, 03:26:27 PM »

Just listened to hellfest!  Awesome!

Nice call.

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2014, 03:37:33 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOHBDcKtO2s

At least good paradise city 2012.

but im with you,from 2011 to 2014 there are here and there rasp voice.

I guess we will never know what happened to his voice in 2010,seems that he cant sing like this anymore,at least a full show,
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2014, 04:20:56 PM »

but im with you,from 2011 to 2014 there are here and there rasp voice.

I guess we will never know what happened to his voice in 2010,seems that he cant sing like this anymore,at least a full show,

Agreed!  He went from 2010 December (all out) to Rio 2011 (lost it)

Again....I watch every show and love him still and am impressed he sings all the songs as well as he does!!!   

Gimme IRS tonight!

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2014, 05:50:49 PM »

This is pretty good.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2014, 06:13:24 PM »

How come when many of us say we think His voice is as good or better than "back in the day" we are labeled as  in denial? I couldn't care less about just always saying Axl sounds awesome-as pointed out - his high rasp sounds awful at the riot show- sounds real rough on the UYI vids from Japan & is again horrible at times at the Ritz - I think his voice is way more powerful, holds notes longer & is just more listenable then back in the day. Of course his performance are no where near the energetic- psycho frantic- angry  pace & style he had back then. He has mellowed just a bit with age & yes slowed down- but in any case you can't take your eyes off him when he's on stage- for 30 years he has been giving it everything he has got up there & is ALWAYS ELECTRIFYING! That I think we can all agree upon beer

Wait, you think what we are hearing this week is better than the Ritz '88 or Tokyo '92 shows?

Thanks for proving NCrazy's point so quickly!  ok  

Absolutely! You did prove my exact point very quickly indeed- You took my words an immediately jumped a mile the wrong direction - Ya I am burning my Old Gnr CDs now because this weeks shows make those pale in comparison- WTF Dude? Where the hell did u get that from? It's pretty funny a actually because that Ritz Show on MTV in 88' was the first time I had ever seen GnR Live in any capacity- I was so shocked, amazed & inspired by what I was seeing & hearing on that stage - I was blown away by the intensity emanating from The entire band but especially Axl- I lived in a small, very boring town at the time but I had about half the show on Vhs that I must have blasted from the big screen TV hundreds of times just to get a feel for that intensity & excitement missing from my life even just from a lousy VHS over just a TV. It made me feel alive & established what would be now about a 30 year love for being entertained by my favorite Lead singer & best songs of all time. But yeah, I noticed Axl was losing his voice a lot & was  not anywhere near pulling off how incredible he sounds on Appetite. I have many DVDs & have been to shows in both eras & I wittohout a doubt prefer his style of SINGING from between 2006-2012- havent really heard much of 2014 to have an opinion. I was absolutely fucking floored & still in mind blowing awe of what I witnessed in London 2010 as well as Greensboro 06'. In no way shape or form did I say that I have not been astonished & massively entertained & inspired by my favorite singer- band & songs for the last 25 or so years so stop twisting my fucking words for your own baffling reasons please! Btw; u still didn't answer my question  confused

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'