Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:42:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75479 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2015, 09:31:11 PM »

Thanks for proving my point about the idiotic and illogical nature of the induction process in much more detail than I originally offered ok

Well, let's forget about the Hall's process for a moment.

What do you think?  Do you, personally, think any of the post 1994 guys deserve induction?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2015, 09:49:58 PM »

I have no opinion on the Chili Peppers.

I never asked you about your opinion on the Chili Peppers. I asked you how their new guitarist is deserving of induction while Guns' members in the band for over a decade longer are undeserving.

17 years is a long time, but what are the fruits of that labor?  15 total songs.

So what? Wes Anderson and Paul Thomas Anderson are considered two of the best directors around and only have a handful of films each. Tool have been around for almost as long Guns' and have even less albums. Quality over quantity.

And did those 15 songs really affect the band's legacy? 

They did for me as tracks like Better and TWAT are some of my all-time favorite Guns' tracks and get more airplay in my household than a lot of the older material. You think people going to the shows these days got into Guns' strictly through an appreciation of the old band? Explains the droves of people who wore KFC buckets to the shows or nowadays sing along to Better, Street of Dreams or This I Love; they must have been compelled to do so by an overwhelming love for Slash.

If Axl never got it together and CD was still in the vault collecting dust, do you honestly think they don't get in?

Please indicate where anyone on here implied the only reason Guns' were inducted was because of CD.

What do you think?  Do you, personally, think any of the post 1994 guys deserve induction?

Why wouldn't they? They helped create a Guns N' Roses album, played countless shows with the band, and have been with the band almost as long, or in some cases longer, than the original members. What more do they need to do to be deserving of induction in your eyes? Find a cure for cancer? Bring about world peace?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:02:55 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2015, 10:14:16 PM »

Please indicate where anyone on here implied the only reason Guns' were inducted was because of CD.

No, no one did.

I would argue it didn't affect the vote at all, pro or con.  As if it never came out at all.

Why wouldn't they? They helped create a Guns N' Roses album, played countless shows with the band, and have been with the band almost as long, or in some cases longer, than the original members. What more do they need to do to be deserving of induction in your eyes? Find a cure for cancer? Bring about world peace?

Make some sort of impact on how the band is viewed.

I personally happen to agree with you about a song like TWAT.  I think its a top 10 alltime song for the band, standing right alongside old classics.  Amazing tune.

But can you tell the story of Guns N' Roses without it?  That's how I think it breaks down, in terms of being deserving of induction. 

You could never tell the story of Van Halen without including both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar, for instance.  But do you need Gary Cherone to tell that story?  Not really.  His lone record made no impact on VH legacy and doesn't move the needle for their induction either way.

Agree or disagree?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2015, 10:29:18 PM »

I personally happen to agree with you about a song like TWAT.  I think its a top 10 alltime song for the band, standing right alongside old classics.  Amazing tune.

But can you tell the story of Guns N' Roses without it? 

I don't think you can. It likely features the greatest solo in the entire Guns' catalogue and perhaps Axl's most haunting and achingly beautiful vocals. I know I'd feel as if I was doing a major disservice to the band if I were to give a Gn'R mixtape to someone and not include it.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2015, 10:34:55 PM »

Yeah, that guitar outro is incredible.

I even like the one in the middle a whole lot.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2015, 02:36:36 AM »

Yeah, that guitar outro is incredible.

I even like the one in the middle a whole lot.

Anytime i read/hear

Anyone compliment the work on Twat i have to give a high five. 

As the poster said above  and i agree. Some of the best guitar work u will ever hear

But what makes it a perfect gnr song.   That should be on any toptsn list

Is

The perfect balance with axls killing his vocals for the song.   Writting greAt lyrics.   That are fun to sing in the car!!! 

Thena couple of great guitar players in there prime putting out a couple of some of the best guitar music you will ever hear. Ever

What would of came out of this band had we kept robin and bucket around   

Shit we are still hoping to hear whAt ghey recorded 10 yeRs ago. 

If they stayed.   Damn.  2 great guitar players in there prime.   Just wanting to write music and release it and tour with the greAtest fron man of all time.   Axl rose.  You is in my 10 list of song writters as well.   

Were did all that all go wrong? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2015, 09:03:37 AM »

But we were talking about the current guy's merit for induction.  Not Slash.  That was a conversation or two back. 

Why not just stay on the current band's merit?  Where does Slash come in? 

Because nothing else makes sense to you. Trying to explain anything to you is like talking to a brick wall. Sorry for being so blunt.

Do you think it would've made a difference if the people at the RNRHOF had told Axl they were considering some of the long time band members to be inducted along with him? Your answer should be no because he didn't go because Slash was there.  hihi  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »

But we were talking about the current guy's merit for induction.  Not Slash.  That was a conversation or two back. 

Because nothing else makes sense to you. Trying to explain anything to you is like talking to a brick wall. Sorry for being so blunt.

Its two different conversations, slick.

One has to go with Axl's attendance, which is where Slash comes into this.

The other conversation, the one we were actually having, had to do with any sort of rationale why anyone post 1994 would deserve an induction.

But one has nothing to do with the other.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2015, 10:18:01 AM »

Do you think it would've made a difference if the people at the RNRHOF had told Axl they were considering some of the long time band members to be inducted along with him? Your answer should be no because he didn't go because Slash was there.  hihi  Wink

/jarmo
I honestly thought when the hall of fame thing happened that Guns N' Roses got inducted. And everybody in the band would get honoured, along with ex members.

Saying that somebody has to be more respected than another guy in the band is just silly and disrespectful towards the band and everyone of its members.
 Thats just good manners.

Imagine a sports team winning a olympic gold, half of the team dosent get their medals, because the olympic committee thinks that they dont deserve it as much as the ones that were on the spotlight.

So normally rock hall of fame should induct Individual people and not bands.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2015, 10:21:01 AM »

But one has nothing to do with the other.

I asked you a simple question and you managed to ignore it because things have nothing to do with each other.  rofl

You: Axl didn't go because Slash was there
Me: I don't think that is the issue. I think if he was made feel more welcome he might have gone.
You: No, because Slash was there.
Me: Don't you think there's a chance he might have gone if they had considered some of the current members for induction?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2015, 10:30:27 AM »

You: Axl didn't go because Slash was there
Me: I don't think that is the issue. I think if he was made feel more welcome he might have gone.
Me: Don't you think there's a chance he might have gone if they had considered some of the current members for induction?

List of that I think, since there seems to be all this confusion. 

(hey, much like the HOF process, I guess)

Anyway, here 'tis :

- I think the primary reason Axl didn't go was because Slash was there.  There was no chance of his attendance with Slash in the building.

- I think rather than say that, and look like a petty jackass, he decides to put out the spin he doesn't understand the HOF, and its all just so confusing.  And without any clear answers, well...damn the luck, he can't go.

- I think the argument any of the current guys deserve induction is not a strong one because the one album they appear on did not have anything to do with their induction.

That's it.  That's the list.

Now, if you have a mental block about being able to say out loud that Slash haunts Axl's dreams to the point of absurdity, you are obviously not going to agree with any of this. 

If in your version of the world, he would have no problem sharing a stage with Slash.  If his supposed confusion really was the reason he didn't go.  If you think the current guys deserve induction on merit. 

If you think all of that...hey, its your fantasy.  I'm not going to tell you how to structure it.

But I would find it impossible to make those arguments with a straight face.  And I'd look a bit askew at anyone that DIDN'T laugh.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:27 PM »

- I think the primary reason Axl didn't go was because Slash was there.  There was no chance of his attendance with Slash in the building.

What do you base this on? Something he said? He knew the old band would be there the second the induction was announced. Why didn't he say "nope" back in 2011? Yes, your answer is "it would make him look bad".

- I think rather than say that, and look like a petty jackass, he decides to put out the spin he doesn't understand the HOF, and its all just so confusing.  And without any clear answers, well...damn the luck, he can't go.

And this is based on what exactly?

- I think the argument any of the current guys deserve induction is not a strong one because the one album they appear on did not have anything to do with their induction.

Do you think the Red Hot Chili Peppers were inducted based on their latest album? No? How come their guitarist got in?

They don't induct an era of a band, they induct a band. It doesn't say "Guns N' Roses 1985-1991" was inducted. It says Guns N' Roses.
Guns N' Roses in 2012 was not those guys that got inducted. Guns N' Roses didn't perform at the ceremony. Those are facts.

If in your version of the world, he would have no problem sharing a stage with Slash. 

Unlike you, I don't claim to know something for sure without actually knowing for sure.

The RNRHOF basically shit on everything Axl had done since some of those guys, up on that stage being  inducted, left the band. Quite the welcome.

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »

What do you base this on? Something he said? He knew the old band would be there the second the induction was announced. Why didn't he say "nope" back in 2011? Yes, your answer is "it would make him look bad".

Axl wasnt sure how to handle it in 2011, and finally meeting Slash again most likely was the biggest problem! He then ducked out about the last minute with his childish letter with the intention a) trying to save face and b) to not give Slash and the other guys (and the HOF) time for a nice set-up without him. IMO he failed in both big time.

And this is based on what exactly?

experience about how Axl seems to handle things he doesnt like.

Do you think the Red Hot Chili Peppers were inducted based on their latest album? No? How come their guitarist got in?

They don't induct an era of a band, they induct a band. It doesn't say "Guns N' Roses 1985-1991" was inducted. It says Guns N' Roses.
Guns N' Roses in 2012 was not those guys that got inducted. Guns N' Roses didn't perform at the ceremony. Those are facts.
Well, you can say Guns N' Roses DID perform at the HOF, just without their old singer and the old rhythm guitarist. you've had Duff, Slash, Adler, Matt and even Gilby there! and the "borrowed" singer Myles Kennedy did an professional job making no drama out of it and also sounded pretty damn good, something i havent heard from Axl since 2010.

If in your version of the world, he would have no problem sharing a stage with Slash. 

Unlike you, I don't claim to know something for sure without actually knowing for sure.

The RNRHOF basically shit on everything Axl had done since some of those guys, up on that stage being  inducted, left the band. Quite the welcome.

/jarmo

it was all about AFD and early UYI, about the time the band created all the fuzz and became the biggest rock band back then. thats why GN'R got inducted.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2015, 08:34:28 PM »

Axl wasnt sure how to handle it in 2011, and finally meeting Slash again most likely was the biggest problem! He then ducked out about the last minute with his childish letter with the intention a) trying to save face and b) to not give Slash and the other guys (and the HOF) time for a nice set-up without him. IMO he failed in both big time.

What was childish about it?

Oh right.

Well, you can say Guns N' Roses DID perform at the HOF, just without their old singer and the old rhythm guitarist. you've had Duff, Slash, Adler, Matt and even Gilby there! and the "borrowed" singer Myles Kennedy did an professional job making no drama out of it and also sounded pretty damn good, something i havent heard from Axl since 2010.

Former members of GN'R performed with that guy from the Rockstar movie who's also in a band with the guys from Creed.. Wink
The two people who STARTED Guns N' Roses weren't present. So you could say Road Crew performed with Matt, Gilby and your favorite singer. Cheesy

it was all about AFD and early UYI, about the time the band created all the fuzz and became the biggest rock band back then. thats why GN'R got inducted.

It was all about trying to use the induction as a way to orchestrate a reunion.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2015, 08:50:59 AM »

Oh right.

Yes, right.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »

I suggest you read the rules once again. Your "Right" and "I agree" posts don't add a single thing to the discussions. ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2015, 12:02:58 PM »

I suggest you read the rules once again.

Maybe we could read them together, in terms of the conversation we have going in the big room.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2015, 12:08:06 PM »

Being a smart ass isn't doing you any favors either.  ok

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »

What was childish about it?

Oh right.

Former members of GN'R performed with that guy from the Rockstar movie who's also in a band with the guys from Creed.. Wink
The two people who STARTED Guns N' Roses weren't present. So you could say Road Crew performed with Matt, Gilby and your favorite singer. Cheesy

It was all about trying to use the induction as a way to orchestrate a reunion.

/jarmo

you're twisting it like expected. doesnt change the facts for the masses though  ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2015, 02:45:13 PM »

Come on!

If you're gonna make claims like something is childish, you gotta be able to back that claim up.

Maybe the reality of the situation that your feelings and opinions are only based on the simple fact that you're biased?
Maybe you knew how you'd feel about it even before Axl had said a single word about not attending.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: