Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HERE IT IS ***** GnR commercial on MTV to air end of Feb.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HERE IT IS ***** GnR commercial on MTV to air end of Feb.  (Read 68628 times)
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2004, 01:28:41 PM »

guys, i am not about to give your my friends name and where he works and his social security number...believe it or not, your choice.

it wouldn't be a one-time ad i don't think, i think its more of a commercial that will run alot, especially leading up to May. My friend told me they tried to get it in for the SUPER BOWL but couldn't, axl was too late with the idea!

- Greg
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2004, 01:30:25 PM »

guys, i am not about to give your my friends name and where he works and his social security number

OK, how about his ninth grade locker combination then? Shoe size?
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2004, 01:32:35 PM »

Believe it or not..........NOT!!!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Crowebar
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2004, 01:33:56 PM »

guys, i am not about to give your my friends name and where he works and his social security number...believe it or not, your choice.

I want to believe it dude. I hope it ends up being true. yes yes yes
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2004, 01:35:34 PM »

Dude, post the email, give it over to Jarmo. We dont need the guys name, balck that shit out.

Tell us the company.

If you want some credibility, give us something credible. We are a hardened bunch.

You can be a hero dude but first, give us something substantial to chew on. Rumors come and rumors go and this is no different unless you give us something with some depth to it.

The email with the blackened shit, and the company name. That is all, and you will be a hero of the GNR community.

If not, you are just like everyone else with nothing but a fax for us to wipe our ass on.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2004, 01:35:55 PM »

We'll know in about 2.5 weeks I guess. Undecided
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2004, 01:42:59 PM »

I think it sounds brilliant!

Think of it... what kind of footage could they use? Nothing from the last tour at least and a cartoon would be stupid...

i mean everybody who used to listen to and buy the GN'R stuff don't know shit about what's going on with the band and what has happened..

Sorry bucket and the rest of you I love you, but people would dismiss it as soon as they noticed that the lineup is totally changed. To be honest, it took me a while to get used to the sight of a dude with a KFC bucket on his head.. People can't get familiar with the brilliancy of the new lineup through a commercial anyway...

This will make people curious, and it's mystic as hell imo...

And as far as I know, no one has done this kind of commercials before... Except for when they clipped in super fast pic of products during theater movies...

Anyone agree?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2004, 01:50:32 PM »

Think of it... what kind of footage could they use? Nothing from the last tour at least and a cartoon would be stupid...

i mean everybody who used to listen to and buy the GN'R stuff don't know shit about what's going on with the band and what has happened..

Sorry bucket and the rest of you I love you, but people would dismiss it as soon as they noticed that the lineup is totally changed. To be honest, it took me a while to get used to the sight of a dude with a KFC bucket on his head.. People can't get familiar with the brilliancy of the new lineup through a commercial anyway...

And as far as I know, no one has done this kind of commercials before... Except for when they clipped in super fast pic of products during theater movies...

Anyone agree?

you do have a good point.

also, I don't expect this guy to give up his source if it means jepordizing jepadising risking his links with his friends

just take it as you find it.

if it happens "hell yeah, thanks for sharing what you could". if it doesn't "pfffft" just another little rumour, and i won't be betting my life on it at the moment.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2004, 01:52:56 PM »

If I see the comercial on t.v then I will belive but not till then. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2004, 01:56:49 PM »

I say it's bullshit.

So your friend works for a company who is handling a top secret commercial for GNR?  

First of all.....I think your friend is a fuckhead for revealing this info.  If it's top secret, he never should have emailed you.

Second, why would you post that shit on here?  If it's top secret....keep it to yourself.

If it's true, then we'd know for ourselves come the end of February or whenever it's supposed to air.

I am so glad you aren't my friend nor do any of you people work for me.  

You'd be fired immediately for breaching confidentiality nor would I trust you as a friend.

My suggestion..........another rumor unless there is a credible source to back this up. ok

Crowebar
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 01:57:41 PM »

Anyone agree?

I think it's a pretty good marketing idea. yes ok

People will notice it and be sucked in. nervous

Kind of reminds me of some of those 'poor, starving in africa children/foster parents' commercials actually.

The ones that if you pay attention to them, make you feel all guilty and shit, because you have so much more than them and yet, still bitch and complain all the time about stupid shit.

That's weird. [headscratch]

Guess we'll see soon enough. yes

If this rumour, is at all true. Huh Huh Huh
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 02:15:49 PM »

If you have inside info about this, why would you leave it as a "believe it or not", Mr. Ripley? All you had to do is send the company name, e-mail to Jarmo and we'll take his word. If you don't want to do that then there was no point in posting it in the first place. All you've said basicly is "this may or may not be bullshit, you decide". So why do that if you have real information you want to give out? Roll Eyes

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2004, 02:17:52 PM »

*Sniff*Sniff*

I don't smell B.S.

I smell...

TEEN SPIRIT!!

(Sorry, had to be done...couldn't resist...we'll now return you to your regularly scheduled rumor debate)

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2004, 02:19:29 PM »

My friend told me they tried to get it in for the SUPER BOWL but couldn't, axl was too late with the idea!

Now they tried to get in for the Super Bowl ?!?!? This is starting to smell more and more like BS.

Also, this is the second time you mentioned these things being Axl's ideas. I doubt all of GNR's marketing is going to be Axl sitting at home wondering how to promote CD. I'm sure he can make a few suggestions and help with it but I'm sure it's not all up to him on how this is done. A good example is the recent statement by Dizzy saying a release date is up to the company, not Axl.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2004, 02:20:38 PM »

If you have inside info about this, why would you leave it as a "believe it or not", Mr. Ripley? All you had to do is send the company name, e-mail to Jarmo and we'll take his word. If you don't want to do that then there was no point in posting it in the first place. All you've said basicly is "this may or may not be bullshit, you decide". So why do that if you have real information you want to give out? Roll Eyes

exactamundo. Send the email to Jarmo dude. Its really that simple. I know you are reading this, so chill out, and do the right thing, and send Jarmo the email. Your friend will remain anonymous, and you would have givin a lot of people...a lot of hope. Be a giver man or just come clean and say its bullshit. But now we will remember you. So leave a goodmark. You dig?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2004, 02:23:26 PM »

I almost believed it until you said they were trying to get it on the Superbowl.

The Superbowl ads were running $2.5-3 million per 30 second spot.

Think common sense- would the record label spend that much for a GNR commercial?  And would they spend that much months before it comes out?

NO!

The record label isn't going to spend so much money on GNR that they could afford to blow $2.5-$3 million on a Superbowl ad and still have plenty of cash to tell the nu-metal crowd why GNR is cool.  I am a Brand Manager who develops marketing plans and purchases media for my Brand on a regular basis- that's a huge media spend- it could be so much better spent in a way that targets the band's audience much better.

Not even Britney's advertising/promotions budget would allow for such a huge spend.

I hope, however, that I am completely wrong and I'll be hearing new stuff in May.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2004, 02:26:50 PM »

who ARE all these shitspreaders who always wants to keep us in suspense all the time??
I don't believe in any rumors, cos there has been 12,000 since the VMAs and none of them have been true.

I remember a thread where a poster wrote what would be a cool commercial in his opinion, and it was exacly this one, this was several months ago, if not a year.
if it's all true, I bet he/she will be one happy poster! hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2004, 02:31:21 PM »

i hope axl reads this and goes "hey, thats a cool idea" and we have that kind of ad Cheesy  hihi peace

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2004, 02:32:14 PM »

Let me get this straight:

No sound?

How in the name of bad marketing can this be considered anything remotely smart?

If there's no sound, how in the hell is the casual watcher going to get the message of the advertisement?  Doesn't this eliminate at least a good part of the target audience?

For me, if I'm walking to the kitchen and I hear anything remotely GNR, I'm running my ass back in front of the TV to see what the hell is going on.  

I'm not saying there won't be a commercial in Feb. on MTV, time will tell on that issue.  That said, I can virtually guarrantee there will be no commercial in Feb. on MTV with this alleged premise.

There's a reason no large marketing blitz has ever gone this direction kids...

It's goofy.

On a skewed note, doesn't this also elminate the blind and illiterate market?  I digress...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 02:36:10 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2004, 02:35:50 PM »

exactamundo. Send the email to Jarmo dude. Its really that simple. I know you are reading this, so chill out, and do the right thing, and send Jarmo the email. Your friend will remain anonymous, and you would have givin a lot of people...a lot of hope. Be a giver man or just come clean and say its bullshit. But now we will remember you. So leave a goodmark. You dig?

rofl rofl Jules Winfield! Yeah, And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

You better watch your ass W 23 AXL  hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: