Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:46:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If CD is as bad as Contraband, I'll kill myself
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If CD is as bad as Contraband, I'll kill myself  (Read 34469 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2004, 10:57:31 PM »

Im sorry dave, it just sounds misplaced to me. if it sounds good for you than Im happy for you, but i just doesn't do anything for me, other than annoy me a bit..! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2004, 12:24:46 AM »

Is this about the Dizzy is an idiot comment?  If so, then it's justified.  He's not only said similar things to me before, but he says them often.  Take a look.

Yes Jarmo, by all means take a look.  And you won't find anything of the kind anywhere.  Never do I say "hey you're a fucking idiot" or anything such as that.  Instead, I use logic and reason, both of which DRUNK obviously finds offensive.

Follow the instructions given in the other thread.  Goodnight
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2004, 12:32:57 AM »

of course, Axl is to blame that they ever got to play it in the first place....I know it was written by Dizzy and Chris, but Axl should have put a stop to the whole thing,
Yes I know they wrote it, but Axl and co. performed it under the Guns N Roses name in concert.  So he is to blame as well.

Once again, contradiction. Throughout the years all I read on these boards is how "Uncle Axl has gathered a bunch of frekas and told them what to play and how to play it, Hes controlling the show, Hes a control freak, etc,etc"....

But when Axl and this band is the exact opposite of what a lot of people think or want to believe, you get comments like above.

Pittman and Dizzy came up with a song and the band felt like playing it at a few shows. Because a couple of fans dont liek it, and the same peopel who complain about Axl's iron fist are the same people complaining that he should have stopped it.

Look, we all know Silkworms isnt a classic or meant to bring GNR back to the top again. Its 1 song out of a shitload of songs. And we dont even know if it will be on the the first album.

I personally liek te song a lot. I play it all the time {vegas version}. Its a fun song that pumps me up...musically atleast. The lyrics arent inspiring we know that. But not every song gnr has written or will write will be inspiring. Its rock n roll.

Anyways I just find it funny when I read some people always yap about how this band is Axls band and then when a song that he didnt write gets played he gets blamed for allowing it to be played.

DTJ and Silkworms are both kick ass songs. They arent meant to take the world by storm or anything. They are just fun songs. Different type of songs. And I cant wait to hear the studio version of Silkworms. The effects in that song are awesome. Cant wait...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2004, 01:18:09 AM »

It still amazes me how you can spell every word right except for "PEOPLE" and "LIKE". I know you like phenetics and all, but come on now, you can't be that "dum".

Anyways... I dont understand how Weiland is uninspired. His wife left him with the kids and he went on a heroin binge and almost comitted suicide. This is vs. Axl's having too much money problems? Maybe "The Blues" is about that Pegasus he bought.

If you dont like the songs, whatever, thats fine. I just take offense to calling something these muscians seem so proud of, uninspired.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2004, 01:24:17 AM »

It still amazes me how you can spell every word right except for "PEOPLE" and "LIKE". I know you like phenetics and all, but come on now, you can't be that "dum".
It still amazes me that you care. My typing sux, what can I say....

As for inspiring thing...Scott has gone through some tough shit...tell him to write and sing about it then we can have something to inspire to...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2004, 01:38:14 AM »

ok im gonna be 100 percent honest

lyrically the song is awesome

axl doesnt seem to put all of himself into it but i love that fuckin song

the music is kinda shitty though

silk worms lyrics are better than most of the VR songs lyrics but its not a better song, so dont jump on my ass ,it isnt better than most of the VR stuff

but i really love silk worms, it, like oh my god, takes a special mood to be in to appreciate fully

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2004, 01:39:16 AM »

I cant wait to hear the studio version of Silkworms. The effects in that song are awesome. Cant wait...

Me too...  I hope we get a studio version  yes
as far as the lyrics...  I like 'em!
they're funny!  in a nasty/mean funny kind of way...  and I love the voice Axl uses on it  Grin
Silkworms rocks  ok

and you make a good point younggunner about how Axl kinda 'cant win' with some fans...
if he allows the other guys stuff - people talk shit about he shouldn't
and if he doesn't then he is a dictator  Roll Eyes
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2004, 01:44:19 AM »

Come on...how are you going to criticize somebody for their phonetics and spell it wrong.  Unless Im missing the irony (but since you put parenthesis around the misspelled words, I dont think I am).

Anyways... I dont understand how Weiland is uninspired. His wife left him with the kids and he went on a heroin binge and almost comitted suicide. This is vs. Axl's having too much money problems? Maybe "The Blues" is about that Pegasus he bought.

To be fair, that criticism is just as silly as the one toward Weiland.  Axl has more than just "money problems".

If you dont like the songs, whatever, thats fine. I just take offense to calling something these muscians seem so proud of, uninspired.

Agreed...

The lyrics on "Fall To Pieces" are sincere, straightforward and easy to relate to.  But I dont belong to the "Simple = Sucks" contingent...A lot of the criticism about the lyrics also took place when they were posted up here, before many had even heard the song.  Lyrics to a rock song on paper are a far cry from the actual performance.  "November Rain" is pretty simple song, lyrically.  But its sung with conviction and it sounds good.  I feel the same way about "FTP".  But if you feel differently, then so be it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2004, 01:48:53 AM »

The lyrics on "Fall To Pieces" are sincere, straightforward and easy to relate to.  But I dont belong to the "Simple = Sucks" contingent...A lot of the criticism about the lyrics also took place when they were posted up here, before many had even heard the song.  Lyrics to a rock song on paper are a far cry from the actual performance.  "November Rain" is pretty simple song, lyrically.  But its sung with conviction and it sounds good.  I feel the same way about "FTP".  But if you feel differently, then so be it.
No1 is saying every song you write has to be a complicated lyrical masterpiece. But when your hwole album doesnt offer anything great lyrically, its a fair complaint. I love GNR because they wrote some simple stuff and complicated stuff. It worked both ways.
A song can be great lyrically and simple at the same time. Look at the blues. Its not estranged lyrically et it still is awesome.

FTp, he keeps syaing the same thing over and over.

"To MAry, the only women for me. Its been a rough yet wonderful journey that God has lead us through and laid out before us, but I am so incredibly grateful for where we are standing today."

that is more inspiring than...
"Its been a long year/Since You've been gone/Ive been alone here/I keep a jounal of Memories/Im feeling lonely, I cant breathe/All the years Ive tried/with more to go/will the memories die/im waiting/will i find you/can i find you...
dont forget FTP qquite a few times
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 01:57:54 AM by younggunner » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2004, 02:29:17 AM »

But when your hwole album doesnt offer anything great lyrically, its a fair complaint.

Well, since I dont share that opinion, I guess the argument ends there.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2004, 07:01:27 AM »

honestly i think i would like fall to pieces better if that idiot journalist hadnt compared it to november rain, i was expecting something amazing

its a good song dont get me wrong but that reviewer made it sound like it was ungodly which it isnt, its not even the best slow song on the record, LTA wins that to me ygnr is close

i agree though booker, now thinking about it, simple lyrics dont equal shit

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2004, 11:16:42 AM »

Isn't this whole lyrics stuff little bit offfftopic

rofl

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Dizzy
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2004, 03:55:24 PM »

Isn't this whole lyrics stuff little bit offfftopic

Maybe so, but I think the "I'll kill myself" shit more than ran its course.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2004, 04:03:28 PM »

Silk Worms (hob)

Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard
Back down in the gutter, it?s more than you deserve
Screaming fucking banshie, you know that's what you are
Pussy full of maggots, isn't that a shock

What can I do?
With a bitch like you
You know that it?s true
All I have
I ask you
I'll be dammed
with a bitch like you

you're a dreamer with your head out in the stars
Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart
Syphilitic preachers baby I know who you are
Parasitic demons sucking acid through your heart

What can I do?
With a bitch like you
You know that it?s true
All I have
I ask you
I'll be dammed
with a bitch like you

Those are not all the lyrics.  There is a line in there somewhere that says "kneeling fucking virgin".

here is a different version/transcription of the lyrics and it includes that line:
Guns N? Roses ? Silkworms

Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard
Thrown down in the gutter , it?s more than you deserve
Kneeling fucking virgin, you know that?s what you are
Pussy for a maggot,isn?t that a shock

What can I do? With a bitch like you
You know that it?s true
All I have ask of you
I?ll be dammed
If it?s not true
A bitch like you

Get your head down in the sky
Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart
Syphilitic preachers baby I know who you are
Parasitic demons sucking acid through your heart

You know that it?s true
All I have ask of you
I?ll be dammed
If it?s not true
A bitch like you

You know that it?s true
All I have ask of you
I?ll be dammed
If it?s not true
A bitch like you

peace
Dizzy
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2004, 04:18:48 PM »

here is a different version/transcription of the lyrics and it includes that line:

Kneeling fucking virgin, you know that?s what you are

I just pulled out the Vegas and Rio bootlegs and listened to that song (first time in a long time), and the line is definitely "screaming fucking banshee" on both performances.  I guess I read the "kneeling fucking virgin" on the site somewhere rather than heard it on a bootleg.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2004, 04:34:44 PM »

honestly i think i would like fall to pieces better if that idiot journalist hadnt compared it to november rain, i was expecting something amazing

Personally I dont put much of anything up there with Nov Rain.  FTP is pretty good musically. Its has a nice rift and flows good and has a nice ballad sound. But the lyrics to the song don't really move me the way an old school GnR ballad does.  Lyrically and Vocally its not in the league of UYI ballads and the lyrics have something missing.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2004, 05:10:35 PM »

Yes I like the song, I think its good.  The lyrics are not shit, if you think they are shit then i guess you think double talkin jives lyrics are shit too right?

Double Talkin' Jive at least has a point. It uses mafia gangsters collecting money as a metaphor for the impatient record company pressing the band to finish their album. Maybe it is a bit simplicistic, but that is at least an attempt to salvage a hint of artistic merit into a track that is obviously only on the record for the purpose of taking a potshot at Geffen.

As far as I can tell, the lyrics to Silkworms are just a bunch of words that carry no meaning beyond a literal level. In that regard, Silkworms is a lot closer to a Velvet Revolver song than one from GN'R. I would be seriously disappointed if Silkworms is one of the 18 tracks.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2004, 05:19:53 PM »

THey should just take silkworms and give it to Dizzy for use with his side little band, Hookers n' blow. Let them do it. It has some lyrics but musically its not GnR or New GnR the other 4 songs we have heard sound good, silk worms will be a song if used on CD, that DJ's will use to rip apart GnR and say how bad they suck.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2004, 05:29:13 PM »

THey should just take silkworms and give it to Dizzy for use with his side little band, Hookers n' blow. Let them do it. It has some lyrics but musically its not GnR or New GnR the other 4 songs we have heard sound good, silk worms will be a song if used on CD, that DJ's will use to rip apart GnR and say how bad they suck.

Hey, that's actually not a bad idea. From the bootlegs, we've all heard a lot of quality material from the Appetite/Illusions era that will never see an official release. I'm sure there are a lot of GN'R throwaways that would be quality tracks, but just can't make the cut for a $13 million album. Dizzy's involvement with GN'R should be a good enough reason for him (or someone similar) to get the tracks they don't use.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2004, 06:28:49 PM »

Lyrics to a rock song on paper are a far cry from the actual performance.  "November Rain" is pretty simple song, lyrically.

Whoa.... slow down there, buddy.

"November Rain" might be the most lyrically complex song of 90's rock.

Let me just say you're WAY off if you think that song is about a girl.

I think this is an example of the main reason why people make the mistake of putting shit like "Nevermind" on the same level as the "Use Your Illusions" albums. They limit their experience of music to their ears, while excluding their minds.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: