Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If CD is as bad as Contraband, I'll kill myself
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If CD is as bad as Contraband, I'll kill myself  (Read 34468 times)
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2004, 02:44:57 PM »

Contraband is better than the wank-fest known as UYI.

Roll Eyes

Let me get this right - u like GNR, just not their music nervous

Gn'R did release 3 other albums and a live one. Id say i dont listen to 50% of the UYI albums - too many of the songs are long, drawn out, not unique or slow.

Exactly. I think about 35% of UYI is damn good, the rest is just bleh. Pretty much everything else GNR has released I quite enjoy.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2004, 03:18:40 PM »

Cant argue that, but come on man, Silkworms? That song is the worst gnr song ever!
In my eyes gnr doesnt have a bad song.

(AXL wants to sound updated, BLAH,BLAH, BLAH, but when the other real gnr members make a good updated album, you guys slam them?)
I havnt slammed vr so why are you saying I am?

You guys keep saying "axl dont care what people think of him, than WHY cant he just release the album.
Because he can release it whenever he wants and peopel will still buy it.

I will sit here and wait with you, I love axl, but until then, stop dissing the guys that made him popular!
I think you need to re - read what I wrote. But Ill say it again...anyone who bashes any of the old gnr members contributions to gnr is an absolute idiot....

Who ever doesn't like VR and says their stuff suck is an "IDIOT".  
ok

These guys are the "real deal".
They are the real deal but imo failed to capture it on their album....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2004, 03:37:34 PM »

In my eyes gnr doesnt have a bad song.

Well then it is very obvious that you are not objective at all.  GNR has a number of 'filler' songs that can be easily labelled 'bad' (i.e. My World, Bad Apples, Silkworms, Think About You, etc).

That is why your opinion is not really relevant when you are talking about this subject.  Please don't think of that as a knock on you personally, cause it isn't.  All I'm saying is that you are so blinded by your love for Axl that you can't see even the smallest of flaws (and the man has too many flaws to mention not the least of which is the fact that he is the sole reason for the breakup of the original band - and the sole reason for the departure of BH I'm sure).

It is obvious that you will love CD no matter what it sounds like.  That is fine.  I hope I love it too.  But I will wait to hear it before I call it 'brilliant'.

-TyRod-

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2004, 03:41:56 PM »

just heard the album. Its kind of...ok. Lol. Not sure what the deal is. Its nothing pure suck ass like the Sankepit albums or Duff gems (cough), buts nothing terribly exciting. Nothing special is going on here, and thats a dud. The album is just ok. CD better be better than this.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2004, 03:51:41 PM »

Well then it is very obvious that you are not objective at all.  GNR has a number of 'filler' songs that can be easily labelled 'bad' (i.e. My World, Bad Apples, Silkworms, Think About You, etc).
I wasnt really being serious but I do liek all of gnrs old and new songs. And not because its Axl. When I first got into GNR I wasnt biased towards Axl or Slash. Actually if anything I was more of an Izzy fan than anyone else in the band. But I loved the band as a whole. I love all of their songs. Including the ones you mentioned. Of course bad apples, dont dam me, silkworms arent classics...But I enjoy them. Escpecially Silkworms.

As time went on I began to discover the genious of Axl and that is why I stand in his corner if I had to take sides. None the less I still liek all of the old members....

Axl that you can't see even the smallest of flaws (and the man has too many flaws to mention not the least of which is the fact that he is the sole reason for the breakup of the original band -
Im not as blind as you think. I know the flaws of Axl. But when it comes to music for the most part there arent any. And I could care less what he does when it doesnt concern music. So i dont get wrapped up in all of that bullshit....

As for your last comments...Yea he prob was the main reason why gnr split. Its unfortunate but its reality. The band had musical differences. Duff only left because Axl didnt want to release anything anytime soon. SO what does that tell ya. Slash nor Axl is worng in their philosophies. Its musical taste. We have seen Slash's vision and we will eventually see Axls vision. Once again my chips are on Axls music......

It is obvious that you will love CD no matter what it sounds like.  That is fine.  I hope I love it too.  But I will wait to hear it before I call it 'brilliant'.
If its great ill be the first to tell everyone its great...and if it sux Iw ill be the first to admit it. Its not my fault you by into all the rumors over the years and beleive what you read. I didnt. So my perspective is not negative towards the band. Yea they have fucked up but the talent is there. Did it mesh? I have no idea. Time will tell...but if they were able to capture everyones talents on the album then yes the album will be what i expect it to be.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2004, 03:53:03 PM »

DRUNK, All I can say is, in the words of Axl himself,

"But who am I to tell you that I've Seen any reason why you should stay, Maybe we'd be better off without you anyway!"

If you don't like VR, oh well, no one really cares, and if you feel like killing yourself because an album doesn't live up to your expectations then you need a life dude.

If I thought that way I'd have been dead years ago cause rock music has sucked since '96.

TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2004, 03:53:26 PM »

Buddha, give it a few listens.  Listen to it 5 times from beginning to end and then let me know what you think.  It's not ground breaking, but I think you'll change your opinion the more you hear it.  There is no way to hear a new song once and judge it fairly.

-TyRod-
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2004, 04:00:08 PM »

personally I've only heard Sither and Set Me Free, and each time i hear them they grow on me. I think Weiland is one of the best lyricists of our time and of course the other musicians in VR rock, so I'm pretty psyched to buy it and I want it to be fresh when I listen to Contraband for the first time

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2004, 04:01:53 PM »

Everybody says Silkworms is the worst song and make it like it's Axl fault as he wrote it.
Axl did no write Silkworms.

Contrabnd is killer from what I have heard....it pisses on any "Rock" music of today....VR make The Darkness look like a bunch of happy go lucky fags.....Contraband I hope puts RN'R back on the fucking map!

Come on Axl get your music out there so we can have some MUSIC back! smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2004, 04:20:17 PM »

OK,so VR did not match most of us' expectations,but how can you call their album bad?? If VR is bad,then how the fuck do you call Linkin Park?Huh Or Good Charlotte and the other zero-talent rock bands out there.
   I agree with Younggunner: No GNR song is bad! Some are just better than others

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2004, 04:20:26 PM »

Buddha, give it a few listens.  Listen to it 5 times from beginning to end and then let me know what you think.  It's not ground breaking, but I think you'll change your opinion the more you hear it.  There is no way to hear a new song once and judge it fairly.

-TyRod-

Man I absolutely will. Im getting it on to a cd as I write this, and will drive home listening to it. It will undoubtably sound better in my sound system I have in my car, so its a bit unfair to gauge it on its own merits until I hear it properly (and not on the computer). I will even have a bowl or two later and give it a listen proper like.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2004, 04:45:05 PM »

I listened to the self praising interviews.

Classsic Rock magazine, March 2004

Slash:

?I?m telling you, every fucking track of these twelve is something different,? Slash says of the results. ?It?s like a journey. There are no fillers. Every song has its own vibe. It?s a really fucking killer record.?

ok

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2004, 04:49:28 PM »

What's he gonna say?  Oh please buy my album even though I think it sounds like a complete piece of shit.

He's promoting himself. And obviously he thinks it rocks. he wrote the stuff.

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2004, 04:52:02 PM »

I will preface this by saying that I have not heard any Contraband tracks other than Slither and Set Me Free.

Now, I was quite underwhelmed by both Slash's Snakepit Albums, I didn't enjoy Duff's solo albums very much, and I've never cared for Izzy's solo albums, either.  HOWEVER, I will say that I still listen to many Snakepit songs that have grown on me over the years, a couple Duff solo album tracks I listen to regularly and several Izzy solo album songs I have grown to enjoy.  None of their previous efforts have blown me away on first listen, but all have had tracks that have had sustained staying power.  I expect something similar from Velvet Revolver.  Perhaps you don't find the band appealing, but that does not equate their material to crap for everyone else.  

If you don't like the album, great, fine, whatever ... but don't go off on how Axl rocks so much harder and is so much better.  At least these guys have the balls to put their work out there for people to hear.  Axl can do nothing but piss around his house blaming everyone around him for his failures.  Axl has become a laughingstock.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2004, 04:59:23 PM »

well said, echrisl.

personally I enjoyed, The First Snakepit album (although Eric Dover tried hard to be like Axl I think), and Pawnshop Guitars by Gilby, didn't care for Duff's or Izzy's albums (though I've been meaning to give Izzy a try again)

I am looking forward to Contraband though.

smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2004, 05:11:57 PM »

:nervous:Do these guys in VR think this shit is actually good?  What the fuck is going on here?  Seriously people, I do not joke when I say this:  These guys are so burned out from drugs, that they have no idea what's going on.

I listened to the hype, I listened to the self praising interviews.  I expected this album to be somewhat good.  

Velvet Revolver's Contraband is the biggest peice of unsinspired garbage I've ever heard.  Thank GOD, if there is one, that Axl dropped these losers long ago.  Thank God.  These guys are completely incapable of writing good music, and it becomes clearer to me now how big Axl's role in the band actually was.

If Chinese Democracy comes out, and is as bad as this album, I will seriously end my own life. Now, I know it is impossible for it to be this bad, but still.  

A note to Axl:  Hey dude, you rock, but listen up.  If you have any doubts about the quality of CD, or if you think Vevlvet Revolver's album is good, then please leave Chinese Democracy in your vault.  I don't want to hear it.

Velevet Revolver proves that everything Axl has done has been RIGHT.  He's a genius that has the balls to take chances, and because of that, he'll succeed.  

if Axl had stuck with those losers, none of us would give a fuck about Axl or GNR today.  They would have ruined their legacy long ago.

Axl?!  Is that you?  Have you finally answered us?!

Calm down, dude.  Its just music.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
MrBen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2004, 05:17:29 PM »

Sillk worms at rir3 was awesome, kick as punk riff

the one from vegas was bad the main riff is not the same

Think about you is one of my favorite songs

At the end of the day, Axl Rose is a better musician and songwriter than duff and slash are now.

Im sorry but you can not even compare Contraband to UYI, the latter is in an altogether different league.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2004, 05:25:38 PM »

Contrabnd is killer from what I have heard....it pisses on any "Rock" music of today....VR make The Darkness look like a bunch of happy go lucky fags.....Contraband I hope puts RN'R back on the fucking map!

That is why I like The Darkness, they finally brought fun back to rock and roll. Happy-go-lucky is a million times better attitude to have than tortured soul IMO. And if you notice, the VR guys seem to be pretty happy-go-lucky when they are just talking.

how the fuck do you call Linkin Park?Huh Or Good Charlotte and the other zero-talent rock bands out there.

Fucking terrible.

Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2004, 05:32:07 PM »

This is how I look at things:

Velvet Revolver, regardless if their CD is pure shit or at the same level as Appetite, willing be officially be putting out an album in less than a week. "Guns N' Roses" hasn't put out new material in years. At least the members of VR are doing something....publically at least. I don't give a shit if Axl is in the studio 12 hours a day; As long as Chinese Democracy is not released, the Velvet Revolver CD is better.

I really don't care what Axl does at this point. I liked the original Guns N' Roses music, and I can live with that. This is a new band, an hopefully Axl and his new bandmates can put out a quality CD...A CD which has a decade of work on it...

I don't know about anyone else, but I've lost faith is Axl Rose in 2002. (December 6th to be exact....Yes, I was at the Philadelphia "show") The only thing that will make me believe he can actually survive in the music industry is a new CD.

But, this is all my opinion, not facts of course.
badapple81
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2004, 06:29:04 PM »

DRUNK.. you are an idiot.. make up your mind.. last week Cocaine was great as it would have helped Axl completed the tour.. this week drugs have fucked up Slash & co.  rofl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: