Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Village Gorilla Head thread (was: Just got Tommy's solo record!)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Village Gorilla Head thread (was: Just got Tommy's solo record!)  (Read 33579 times)
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2004, 12:01:58 AM »

This album is great from beginning to end. In this day and age of one or two good song albums, this album is solid all the way through.

It's a damn shame that more people will not get to hear it....

Behold, the evil that men do...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2004, 02:16:21 PM »

This album is great from beginning to end. In this day and age of one or two good song albums, this album is solid all the way through.

lets start to promote him... make a street team or somthing! LOL!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2004, 12:16:59 AM »

lets start to promote him... make a street team or somthing! LOL!

hehe...   best I can do is roll down my windows when I'm rocking out to it in my van  Grin

I hope that when GN'R returns Tommy will be in a much more mainstream spotlight and that will lead to more people checking out Village Gorilla Head...
cuz yeah, it really is a great record and it'll be cool for more people to give it a listen and get this great album to the "masses".
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2004, 10:02:50 AM »

This album is great from beginning to end.

You said it beer

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
heli
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2004, 03:25:51 AM »

i can'tfind his album anywhere noone over here seems to have heard of it!! , Angry
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2004, 01:32:24 PM »

On a slightly diffrent note, what does everyone think of the promotional strategy for this album (VGH)?

Personally, I still really, really enjoy Tommy's album and friends I have lent it to have also enjoyed it (even when they don't know he's in GNR) - i think to a certain extent it has been undersold or under promoted by the record company. Yes, the reviews have been fairly widespread, but I haven't seen much advertising.

Maybe the whole GNR thing will bolster it, but I guess there's a risk the album could be lost in the hype which would be sad as I'd be quite happy to see Tommy's solo work co-exist with GNR...

Here today...ready to rock
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

i can'tfind his album anywhere noone over here seems to have heard of it!! , Angry

I was at Best Buy the other day and they had it, you can try there ok

heli
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2004, 03:30:47 AM »

I was at Best Buy the other day and they had it, you can try there ok

hi, thanks for tellin me i'll have to go and look
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2004, 02:59:24 PM »

Yeah the album was hard to find I looked everywhere and it took a month to get it I first went and tried to get it at BestButt but they didn't even have it. I had to wait for ever it seemed. I love the album way better than the crap anyone else in Guns has ever done. THAT IS BY THEMSELVES. Velvet is a team up thang not solo like SnakePit or Duff's shit or Adler's Appetite. It is a great cd that I could see having "Ok" as the first single. It has that certain raw punk/ pop enough  so that it is catchy and would be a success. I see it being better than that Ryan Cabre... whatever the hell his name is. Supposibly he is a it thang. He could knock him out easily. He has a good mature punk sound that could stun old punk fans and reunite punk with being a statement and not a look. I love it and if it could have been streamed and publisized it could have been a good seller. It should be in everyones rotation of music.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
Buckle
Mr. Mayonaise (The Model)
Opening Act

The World is My Bucket

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2004, 04:03:53 PM »

This album is brilliant, the best tracks are easily, Without a View, Motivation and hey you. The mix of acoustic guitar and harmonies makes a brilliant sound that you just dont get in most albums these days.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2005, 03:19:10 PM »

Finally i have got his album....it took me long enough.  Have never heard any of his other work i did not know what to expect but i must say it is class.  Something's Wrong, Hey You & Light of Day are my favourite tracks but i would say they are all good.  I would give the album 4 out of 5 ok
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2005, 11:32:47 AM »

had this album a while now, i listen to it all the time! by far the best guns n roses solo effort. And probably one of the best rock albums in the last few years. and all of this from the bassist, so good.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »

just wanted to drag this outta the depths...just found this thing for $4 CDN Shocked

gonna listen now and see how good it really is hihi

Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

I ordered it a few weeks ago from amazon. It' s a great album, I like it a lot  Smiley
Evolution
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2006, 01:09:29 PM »

It's an excellent effort  ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2006, 03:44:49 PM »

alright i listened to this thing about 5 times straight now (the title track is on again for the 5th time)

It's really mellow...I'd seriously compare it to like the first Izzy & the Ju-Ju-Hounds disk. Not really what I expected, but not horrible, some really groovy tunes on it... even a bit of Cold Play or Jack Johnson style of stuff on it...maybe some Bob Dylan style of music too? I dunno can't quite place it at the moment

Tommy isn't much of a flashy player...he does what he's got to do and that's about it, none of the music really stuck out as fantastic for me, but i can have it on and listen to it and chill out.

IMO after hearing this, the new GnR disk prolly won't have many super stick out basslines...and I can prolly safely say that at this point in time that Duff is prolly quite a bit more talented guy for throwing a kick ass riffs out now and then...but Tommy is solid he will be able to keep things flowing smoothly for GnR ok

is this album what the replacements sound like? or were they more punky?

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2006, 03:52:53 PM »

replacemenets are way more punky! tommy is an awesome player! listen to The blues! he has some outro lick that is grrreat!

also, he were kicking bass ass in replacements too!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2006, 03:55:05 PM »

I like this album, but it sounds nothing like The Replacements. I was really surprised how mellow this CD was. Still enjoy it though.

Go pick up the new Replacements best of disc if you want to hear a good range of what they were about. It left some pretty good songs out, but still a good listen.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
saint seiya
Rocker