Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:11:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R tour Jan/Feb....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R tour Jan/Feb....  (Read 31903 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: August 27, 2004, 01:23:24 AM »

This is from Rumorboard:

http://www.golala.com/forums/index.php?mfo...m&showtopic=225

We have had two clear sets of rumours to date. One set indicating a Nov/Dec tour and one indicating a Jan/Feb tour

It is becoming clear that Guns n'roses will do a European tour in January/February. We can be very sure of that unless Axl delays again.

Tommy has confirmed that Guns n'roses are returning to the studio in December for rehearsals. It has also been mentioned on the forum at HTGTH that Tommy will return for rehearsals in December. A fan was also told by Stinson and Fortus at a concert that they expected to be on the road with gnr in January

Definite countries for a gnr Euro tour are UK, Portugal, Spain and Germany. I have promoter and probable venue info on most of these

Thanks to admin on Rumorboard.

I've never been to the "rumorboard" myself and have no idea how it started. ?I wonder if any of these rumors have any truth to them. ?We all know that Axl is doing this for himself and putting out the album on his own time, NOT OURS. ?So who knows maybe hes coming out for good this time.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 01:33:59 AM »

its a bunch of people giving each other "assignments" to track down certain parts of gnr. Whoever may be involved in anyway. Then they "relay" it back...

who knows and who cares....
its pretty simple if u ask me....
More than likely, if CD were to come out in November then we will get news in late Sept/Oct.
If its coming out in Dec then we will get news in late oct/early November.

A tour would follow in the new yr.

So thats how im looking at it. Im not gonna rely on people that i cant trust. Its not worth it. If it pans out. Good job..if not same old story from these people....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DemocracyRose
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 01:43:32 AM »

I guess the Rumorboard has alot to tell recently..... Undecided

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 03:15:29 AM »

Some of the stuff they write are true. I don't know their sources but I know for a fact that some shows were being scheduled for Germany. Nothing more on that though.

The problem is that they write everything that they hear. So, if I write everything that I hear I'll probably be right in some of the stuff I write...

DemocracyRose
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 03:52:44 AM »

Shows in Germany...?? Do you know for sure.... Undecided
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 05:01:49 AM »

Dare I say wishful thinking?Huh Maybe its not even the authenticity of the rumor but that chances of Axl gettin everyone onto a succesful tour.

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 05:06:37 AM »

Shows in Germany...?? Do you know for sure.... Undecided

I said that:

some shows were being scheduled for Germany

I don't know if they got cancelled or got rescheduled so don't get your hopes up until you hear an official announcement.

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 07:01:26 AM »

The 2005 european tour will be around february.
No news on CD release, but the tour is a go!
The story is that Guns's agent lost a lot of money on the 2002 tour, and Axl has to do the tour to recoup the losses. He's totally commited to it.

Now, my opinion and hopes about this is that there's no logic on doing another tour without an album, so my hopes is that CD will be out this year, since usually nobody releases important records in January/February. Also, they should get use of the Greatest Hits hipe, and the xmas sales. but there was never any logic in gn'r camp!
madagas
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 07:57:32 AM »

It is so predictable....first Nov/Dec then Jan, now Feb is a go ok? yeah right Roll Eyes next it will be a summer festival tour....I am becoming VERY bitter. Only one thing matters at this point-a release date for the album. Embarrassed I am not sure I would pay to see them without an album and no Bucket. I would rather see a Stinson solo show or a CCBBB show than see AFD redux by a cover band. "Give me a record, or give me death." nervous nervous
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 08:03:24 AM by madagas » Logged
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 08:17:34 AM »

It is so predictable....first Nov/Dec then Jan, now Feb is a go ok? yeah right Roll Eyes next it will be a summer festival tour....I am becoming VERY bitter. Only one thing matters at this point-a release date for the album. Embarrassed I am not sure I would pay to see them without an album and no Bucket. I would rather see a Stinson solo show or a CCBBB show than see AFD redux by a cover band. "Give me a record, or give me death." nervous nervous

I couldn't agree more. I think there is too much over reliance at the moment on the rumour board. After all, thats all it is, a rumour board.

If he is serious about touring, he will release the record. Unless he is planning on selling the album on the tour!

Here today...ready to rock
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 11:32:08 AM »

If they go on tour and the album isnt out I swear to God Ill go straight to the management offices and apply for a job.

There just asking for bad press, negativity, etc if they go on tour without the album out. If there not gonna have it out they better have a release date that will be released while there on tour. If not its all garbage. I dont wanna hear the new songs in a live setting and theres no reason to play the same set like 2002 with a few more new songs thrown in. I want the album out. Cause then they will tour on the albuma nd then throw some classics in which is the absolute smart thing to do.
Use your fukin brain. Otherwise lay low until its ready. We've waited long enough. Do what you gotta do then release it. Cant afford anymore stop n gos...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 11:37:41 AM »

They are gonna do it right now. Your not gonna see them on tour if the album isnt ready to come out. Either the album will be out or they will have a release date released to the public before they ever hit the stage. I dont think Axl will make the same mistake twice, this is his last shot and he knows that if he fucks it up he's all done. Dont worry he's smart, I'm pretty sure he wont go on tour without the album ready to come out.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 11:44:10 AM »

I dont think Axl will make the same mistake twice, this is his last shot and he knows that if he fucks it up he's all done. Dont worry he's smart, I'm pretty sure he wont go on tour without the album ready to come out.
I agree as well. Im just saying they better not even think of doing otherwise.
I dont think last tour was a mistake. They had no intentions of releasing the album. What they did wrong was poor planning. In the end it turned out to  be a mistake, not because of what they did but how they did it.

Next time around Gnr must do things properly.

Announcements
promos
singles/videos
album
tour
and any other marketing strategies they have up thier sleeve.
If they do that everything will be fine. The music will then be allowed to be judged and see how it goes. This band has nothing to worry about. Im sure they have made a special and memorable album. All of which will make us proud...

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 11:56:48 AM »

I dont think Axl will make the same mistake twice, this is his last shot and he knows that if he fucks it up he's all done. Dont worry he's smart, I'm pretty sure he wont go on tour without the album ready to come out.
I dont think last tour was a mistake. They had no intentions of releasing the album. What they did wrong was poor planning. In the end it turned out to? be a mistake, not because of what they did but how they did it.

Announcements
promos
singles/videos
album
tour
If they do that everything will be fine. The music will then be allowed to be judged and see how it goes. This band has nothing to worry about. Im sure they have made a special and memorable album. All of which will make us proud...

I'm going to add fans to that list...for each item, think fans first then $$$, publicity etc. Treat them with a little respect. Starting from now...some clear communication wouldn't go amiss

Here today...ready to rock
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 12:00:48 PM »

well if they do what I listed that means we will be getting the music. Which is all I want.

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2004, 12:31:09 PM »

I couldn't agree more. I think there is too much over reliance at the moment on the rumour board. After all, thats all it is, a rumour board.

If he is serious about touring, he will release the record. Unless he is planning on selling the album on the tour!

my source isn't the rumour board. it isn't a rumour at all. it's a fact. confirmed.
madagas
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2004, 12:47:44 PM »

Grabar, I wasn't really commenting on your truthfulness-didn't want to offend you. Just commenting on how rumors have progressed over the last 3 years...dates get pushed back and back and back. I stand by my album statements. hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2004, 01:08:20 PM »

my source isn't the rumour board. it isn't a rumour at all. it's a fact. confirmed.

Confirmed?? thats a pretty strong word..... who confirmed it?? The guy who makes sure the scented cakes are refreshed in all the urinals at your local arena? 

How can anyone think that anything is confirmed or even in the works untill tickets go on sale with this band.....even then, after blowing 50 bucks a piece for tickets you can't trust that a tour has been planned untill the show starts. I know people have to create topics to keep a message board going while the band is doing nothing, but the amount of people who are "in the know" is amazing, especially when 75% of the band members aren't in the know.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2004, 01:35:38 PM »

I dont think last tour was a mistake. They had no intentions of releasing the album. What they did wrong was poor planning. In the end it turned out to? be a mistake, not because of what they did but how they did it.

Announcements
promos
singles/videos
album
tour

I agree. I dont think that the tour itself was a mistake, cause tours are always good, but the way they went about it was a mistake. They needed a lot more promotion for a couple of reasons:

1. The band was relatively unknown to most of the general public, besides their performance at the VMA's (which we all know wasnt Axl's best voice-wise)

2. They had no album in the stores.

This time they need to start promotion for the record with the single and video and the whole nine yards. Then they need to put the goddamn album out. Then they need to promote a tour. I mean the 2002 tour would have been a lot more sucessfull if the first show wasnt cancelled and there was no riot, cause that aint a great start. Also, if Axl went on stage before 10:00 more people would have showed up. I mean, for the most part, the reviews for the shows were positive.

So as long as they do everything stated above the next tour will go smoothly. Also, if the record is released they need to play a lot more new songs and keep the essential GN'R tracks like Jungle, Paradise City, SCO'M, November Rain, KOH'D, LALD, etc...not the same 2002 setlist. I have no doubts about the band being succesful at all, they just need to do things right this time.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2004, 02:23:15 PM »

Seen rumors like this a thousand times.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: