Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R tour Jan/Feb....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R tour Jan/Feb....  (Read 31902 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 02:58:37 PM »

I mean the 2002 tour would have been a lot more sucessfull if the first show wasnt cancelled and there was no riot, cause that aint a great start. Also, if Axl went on stage before 10:00 more people would have showed up. I mean, for the most part, the reviews for the shows were positive.
Im not so sure about that. IMO, last tour failed because there was nothing to promote and they played in pointless places. Going on late and riots is ok if your out there with an album.

As long as there is an album out for next tour, Axl/GNr can go on whenever they want. Thats not the issue. When they play CD sets then no1 will care about what they do.

So as long as they do everything stated above the next tour will go smoothly. Also, if the record is released they need to play a lot more new songs and keep the essential GN'R tracks like Jungle, Paradise City, SCO'M, November Rain, KOH'D, LALD, etc...not the same 2002 setlist. I have no doubts about the band being succesful at all, they just need to do things right this time.
Next tour will be a tour for the actual album. It will be a dominate CD set. I can see them throwing in a few oldies in there just for good measure. Afterall this is a band that always have and always will play for atleast 2 1/2 hrs or more.

When Tommy says all hell will break loose when they go on tour, I really dont think he envisions he and his band playing a AFD dominate set. As Axl said at the VMAs...these guys are intense about playing their own material.....so thats not the issue. The issue is whether they will release the album before/during or after any type of tour.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 03:21:10 PM »

I mean the 2002 tour would have been a lot more sucessfull if the first show wasnt cancelled and there was no riot, cause that aint a great start. Also, if Axl went on stage before 10:00 more people would have showed up. I mean, for the most part, the reviews for the shows were positive.
Im not so sure about that. IMO, last tour failed because there was nothing to promote and they played in pointless places. Going on late and riots is ok if your out there with an album.

As long as there is an album out for next tour, Axl/GNr can go on whenever they want. Thats not the issue. When they play CD sets then no1 will care about what they do.

So as long as they do everything stated above the next tour will go smoothly. Also, if the record is released they need to play a lot more new songs and keep the essential GN'R tracks like Jungle, Paradise City, SCO'M, November Rain, KOH'D, LALD, etc...not the same 2002 setlist. I have no doubts about the band being succesful at all, they just need to do things right this time.
Next tour will be a tour for the actual album. It will be a dominate CD set. I can see them throwing in a few oldies in there just for good measure. Afterall this is a band that always have and always will play for atleast 2 1/2 hrs or more.

When Tommy says all hell will break loose when they go on tour, I really dont think he envisions he and his band playing a AFD dominate set. As Axl said at the VMAs...these guys are intense about playing their own material.....so thats not the issue. The issue is whether they will release the album before/during or after any type of tour.

Yeah, I know that it will be 'Chinese Democracy' dominated as Axl said in a radio interview that as the tour kept going they will be adding a lot more new material to the set. But I know they will also play the older material. I mean just look at the Illusion tour, they played a lot of the 'older' material. But thats what I think will make the next tour so much better than the 2002 tour. The new guys didnt write the old material and they dont get into songs as much. But when they played their select few songs that they wrote they were totally into it. So when they are playing mostly songs they wrote they will much more into the performance which will make the show that much better.
RichardNixon
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 03:25:26 PM »

When I saw the show here in Boston, the band seemed more like a "band" when they played the new songs.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 03:29:10 PM »

When I saw the show here in Boston, the band seemed more like a "band" when they played the new songs.

Yeah, thats exactly what I was trying to say. They enjoy it more as a band when they are all playing songs they wrote, where it doesnt really matter to Axl cause he wrote all of them. Not saying that he doesnt care about the new songs like the new guys do.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 03:52:53 PM »

anyone like mysteron or the others who have inside info have any idea if there is some truth to this?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2004, 04:26:46 PM »

These kind of roumors are part of the reason for Axl's bad image: if they don't happen,it's not because the roumor wasn't true,but because "Axl delayed it again"

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 04:58:10 PM »

If this rumor has any shread of truth to it, that would be great. Can I get an AMEN!?!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2004, 05:10:25 PM »

If this rumor has any shread of truth to it, that would be great. Can I get an AMEN!?!

AMEN ok

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2004, 05:14:25 PM »

How do you get to this rumorboard anyhow?  I know that Axl is doing this his way and taking his time.  He doesn't want to be Axl Rose anymore and be surrounded by media and fans pressuring him for what WE want all the time.  I realize he is leading us down a beaten path by talking about this new project and how this and that will happen and it never does.  But he simply does not want anyone to know who he is anymore, he doesn't want to be the icon he once was. 
He wants to make an album that is completey for himself dominated by his material.  Why do you think he took over as producer of CD?  He wants it his way, and when he's done with it Chinese Democracy will be out there.  I truthfully think if we shut down everything and the media forgot about him for a while he would drop the bomb of his new material on us.  The album WILL come out on AXL's time, NOT OURS, unfortunately.
RichardNixon
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2004, 05:59:49 PM »

Here's an idea: On the next tour, do a cover of The Replacements "Can't hardly Wait" and dedicate to RichardNixon on the Here Today board. Awesome song.  peace
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 06:32:41 PM »

Whenever this comes to pass, if it ever does, either way it's gonna be painful without the Big B
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004, 07:17:23 PM »

Buckethead really needs to come back...his tour ends shortly before all this is supposed to go down.  Seeing him solo saddened me to an extent to think he's not with Guns anymore.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2004, 07:25:08 PM »

I so wanna hear some news on this soon well we all do

EEEERRRR Little boy
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2004, 03:25:12 AM »

Yeah I'm thinking we will this month for some reason.  Something always happens with GN'R in august.  This is when the new band likes to get something out there for the end of the year for some reason.
MIIKA
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2004, 06:26:39 AM »

Confession: I dont care anymore
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2004, 09:13:45 AM »

Confession: I dont care anymore

And we're supposed to care about that because?
If that's all you have to say, don't post.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2004, 11:36:08 AM »

Buckethead really needs to come back
as a studio session musician well ok. But on stage? NO, NEVER. He makes the band look absolutely pathetic, he kills the feeling. How can you get exited when the camera goes on him? he is just fuckin' scary.
Guns n' Roses don't need a clown on stage. Buckethead is incridibly talented, ok, but he doesn't fit in a Rock band.
Give the job to Fortus in Live, he is far enough talented to play killer guitar solos, he would put more feeling, it would be better in my opinion. Richard Fortus is the man for this band.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 11:49:00 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2004, 11:50:48 AM »

Buckethead really needs to come back
as a studio session musician well ok. But on stage? NO, NEVER. He makes the band look absolutely pathetic, he kills the feeling. How can you get exited when the camera goes on him? he is just fuckin' scary.
Guns n' Roses don't need a clown on stage. Buckethead is incridibly talented, ok, but he doesn't fit in a Rock band.
Give the job to Fortus in Live, he is far enough talented to play killer guitar solos, he would put more feeling, it would be better in my opinion. Richard Fortus is the man for this band.

LOL. I couldn't take my eyes off of bucket. he was amazing and I love his whole character.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2004, 12:13:15 PM »

Bucket or no Bucket, I`d like to see them hit the road regardless in early 2005.

I don`t think they absolutely need him live, Fortus is more than capable of picking up the slack. Buckethead is more of a sideshow attraction than a band member. He is very talented and awesome on guitar, but he sticks out more than he fits in. And a little mentally off. The bucket and mask aren`t enough, he has to talk thru a hand puppet also.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2004, 12:58:04 PM »

The Rumourboard people take it very seriously, probably too seriously (I swear, they seem to think they are detectives at times with their assignments and whatnot). But I think they mean well and are doing everything possible to find out what is going on w/ GNR. I'm glad they're around.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: