Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  richard fortus, legit member in your eyes or not?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: richard fortus, legit member in your eyes or not?  (Read 28063 times)
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2004, 09:39:24 AM »

A lot of people know who Jessica Simpson is, but that doesn't make her some God...

[/jarmo

Who is she?Huh
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 09:41:01 AM by Saboteur Cyb. Punk » Logged

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2004, 09:47:10 AM »

I don't mind Fortus because he kind of reminds me of Izzy.  But like any new GNR member, they really have to release CD before I consider any of them legit members of GNR.  There have been so many people in and out of this band it is really hard to trust that someone will be there for the long haul. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2004, 10:39:35 AM »

we are on band member 13 now with Axl being the only constent. Regardless of how "easy" he is to work with, something must be up with the guy that turnover is the way it is, and when members leave they all seem to continue talking to eachother while making an enemy out of the guy. Once or twice is a coincidence, this seems to be a pattern in regards to actual band members who worked with the guy on a daily basis. None of them have given him a sparkling review once he's not signing their checks anymore, tell me if you think that's a coincidence?
No, only the old members have had something bad to say about him.

And the band as it is today has been in the band for a long time now. SO its not the revolving door you make it out to be

And it's a shame that a mediocre rhythm guitarist can play lead in GN'R.
ok, so, if Finck was in a band that he had no creative input, if you have not heard anything really original from the guy in a band setting, how can you say he sux?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2004, 11:03:52 AM »

ok, so, if Finck was in a band that he had no creative input, if you have not heard anything really original from the guy in a band setting, how can you say he sux?

I'm a NIN fan and I've heard him playing NIN songs for a couple of times and he was horrible. I always hated his playing, such a talentless guitarist in one of my favourite bands... When I heard he joined GN'R I almost died. This guy in GN'R? No way, Axl can't be deaf... I also have some bootlegs of the 2002 GN'R tour and he fucked up almost every note he played, even in the new songs. He can't play, has absolutely no talent. Ask anyone who can play guitar, he'll tell you he's one of the worst guitarists ever who played in a big rock band (1st is Paul Huge).

And as you tried to defend him, the fact that his over 30 and didn't make any music tells everything. I'll be happy if Axl fires him.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2004, 12:24:06 PM »

I'm a NIN fan and I've heard him playing NIN songs for a couple of times and he was horrible. I always hated his playing, such a talentless guitarist in one of my favourite bands... When I heard he joined GN'R I almost died. This guy in GN'R? No way, Axl can't be deaf... I also have some bootlegs of the 2002 GN'R tour and he fucked up almost every note he played, even in the new songs. He can't play, has absolutely no talent. Ask anyone who can play guitar, he'll tell you he's one of the worst guitarists ever who played in a big rock band (1st is Paul Huge).

And as you tried to defend him, the fact that his over 30 and didn't make any music tells everything. I'll be happy if Axl fires him.

I can play guitar and i have been playing for about 11 years, and I think Robin is awesome. So that blows your whole theory out of the water. ok
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2004, 12:32:07 PM »

I can play guitar and i have been playing for about 11 years, and I think Robin is awesome. So that blows your whole theory out of the water. ok

Uh, then my theory was weak, as you pointed out. So let me correct it: ask anyone who can really play guitar and has some musical sense, he'll tell you he's one of the worst guitarists ever who played in a big rock band (1st is Paul Huge).  ok

BTW you are the first person on the world who claimed to me that you can play guitar and found Finck an 'awesome' player. None of my guitarist friends, none of the musicians I know found him even mediocre. They said the same as I - after 13 years of guitar playing - think about him: he's terrible.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2004, 12:49:03 PM »

I also have some bootlegs of the 2002 GN'R tour and he fucked up almost every note he played, even in the new songs
Im more than grateful Robin and the other members did what they did on the last tour. They played songs they didnt even write and did it in a professional way. And IMO, they sounded great. Nothing is like the original, but given the circumstances of GNR they did an excellent job...

as for him fucking up the new songs...how the hell would you know?..Have you heard the studios and how they actually sound? Why cant he play the new songs differetnly everytime? They are his songs he can do whatever he wanst with them...
I dont know much about guitars and I know Finck isnt technical like Bucket but he has soul.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2004, 04:26:09 PM »

i judge finck on that horrible solo he played before SCOM

what the fuck was that?

i wouldnt want Dave Navarro anywhere near GNR

he played with christina aguilera and mariah carey on that horrible def leppard cover

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2004, 05:02:21 PM »

i wouldnt want Dave Navarro anywhere near GNR

Too late. He plays on one track already. hihi

Don't forget, he has his own reality show too!

Keep bashing Robin, it's so original. None of you have mentioned how he stepped up in front of 200000 people and sang in Portuguese yet. That requires some guts. Oh, and replacing Slash takes some guts too since you know you'll always hear "he sucks, he's no Slash" from certain people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2004, 05:56:19 PM »

I never cared for Finck, but my opinion has softened on him a bit after seeing some DVD's. He is not as bad as I thought, but he still isn't anything special either. He is average a best, which isn't necessarily bad. He can never replace Slash (no one can in my mind), but he does a respectable job. Of course, they could do much better but  I have accepted him.

D, I'm not sure I follow your street cred argument. I think street cred has little to do with the band members. Richard Fortus may not have street cred, but does Robin Finck or Buckethead? No. I don't think too many people will be bothered with the fact that he played for N Sync. Yeah, you'll hear some jabs at him but for the most part the general public is more concerned with Axl's behavior and the way Buckethead and Finck looks than they are with Fortus.

I admit at first I thought it was lame of Axl to get a guy from N Sync, but then I realized it's no big deal. He was just a guy playing music for a living. It's much more respectable than holing yourself up in a studio for a decade, that's for sure.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2004, 06:19:44 PM »

yeah but we are hardcore fans so our opinions are a bit distorted from reality.

i mean to most of us, axl and GNR are the greatest most legendary amazing musical force ever and the world is just bursting with anticipation for Chinese Democracy when in reality it is quite possible that no one gives a shit.

we accept the new members cause we are axl worshippers and gnr is such a huge part of our lives we will accept anything to get what we need.

i need to hear chinese democracy, its like my life could never be complete till i hear it *which is insane and even though a lot what admit it, im sure there are people as psycho over it as me*

so in order to hear CD i will accept anyone in the band

but when i look at it objectively from my other uninsane unfanatical objective side i see things differently.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2004, 06:36:51 PM »

and the world is just bursting with anticipation for Chinese Democracy when in reality it is quite possible that no one gives a shit.
I hope and think thats the case. What better way for GNR to comeback then have the majority of th epeople not care.

we accept the new members cause we are axl worshippers and gnr is such a huge part of our lives we will accept anything to get what we need.
I guess this is where I differ with a lot of fans. Although I have come to "love" Axl, that didnt come until later on as I learned more about the whole GNR situation. I began liking thi sband once I saw Rio. To me that was an awesome performance and got me hooked. From there the whole Axl thing came into play...but I love th eband as well...

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2004, 06:42:13 PM »

Actually, I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore fan. At least, not in the same vain as most people on this site. I do not just accept anything Axl does and I don't just accept anyone he brings in the band. I don't even care if CD is ever released.

I'm someone who never cared for Buckethead and I didn't feel like he fit the band. I don't like Tommy Stinson because in my opinion he is in it more for the money. ?I am not much of a Finck fan either. ?Axl could do better, but at this point I don't care so I just accepted him.

The only new member I care for is Richard Fortus because I like his style, but I don't know much about him to be really invested in him. I am just not bothered with the N Sync thing because that doesn't make him a bad guitarist or uncool. Now, if he was singing and dancing with them then that would be another story. ?hihi

I feel indifferent to the rest of the band because I don't know much about them.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2004, 06:47:31 PM »

I don't like Tommy Stinson because in my opinion he is in it more for the money
I don't think so. not Stinson, neither him nor Finck. They are here for so long that it can't be just for the money. However I have some doubts about Brain. Brain might be here only for the money but I think Tommy really invested himself.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2004, 07:48:59 PM »

I don't like Tommy Stinson because in my opinion he is in it more for the money
I don't think so. not Stinson, neither him nor Finck. They are here for so long that it can't be just for the money. However I have some doubts about Brain. Brain might be here only for the money but I think Tommy really invested himself.

Didn't Tommy go from telemarketing to being in GNR and having enough money and freedom to do a solo career? I think that could be enough to keep him with the band. He has it better with GNR than he has had in his entire life.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2004, 08:26:10 PM »

i have came to accept GNR because i love axl so much i will accept anything to see and hear him again

but when u really think about it, its pretty lame the new band performing the old songs

its lame comparing richard fortus to izzy stradlin

izzy stradlin was the creative genius in GNR, check the credits

just cause he looks like izzy he got the gig

i have a problem with that

I guess ive seen the way the old members (who really with 3 members have a more legit right of sayin they are guns n roses) did things, found a band, renamed it, workin their asses off and are successful, compared to axl, who is using the GNR name but that isnt GNR.

some days i understand and accept the fact Axl kept the name but thats my hardcore insanely axl rose worshipping fanatical side

when i step back and think objectively though, without the other members GNR wouldnt be what it is

and when i see people giving the new band props over the old band it starts to piss me off because until CD comes out they are cover musicians.

and until one of them writes a memorable riff i am not giving the band any sort of credit

buckethead impressed me with his amazing playing, his style and gimmick were retarded however

a gimmick is what u do when u dont have talent, bucket being great doesnt need all that.

If CD comes out and the songs are amazing i will give the new members credit

until then, they are hired employees.

whats up with none of the members not knowing whats goin on?

does that sound like a band to u?

i agree with Acquiesce as naupis stated earlier

why would u leave a cozy high payin job where u dont have to do shit while getting free publicity for your solo projects?

axl is basically financing the solo endeavors of all the new members.

GNR was a life, a soul a breathing machine
it isnt some corporate entity that u can change around and remain the same.

u cant manufacture what something once was.

its like dumping your best friends and tryin to mold complete strangers into what was already there.

maybe its never been done before for a reason?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 08:28:24 PM by D » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2004, 08:33:48 PM »

you know axl has a past too, at the end of rio it seems they wen't through a lot to get there-
- and many would give axl most credit 4 gnr, so the main intrest lies there i think

and people seems to respect the new players, and gotten aware of their work, and taken a likin to it
also the live contribution to the band

my fav now is richard, when bucketheads gone, he plays good and seems like a cool fella,
chris is a fav too
i'm also intested in hearing more of his contribution than what already been heard

so far it worked great

ps\ go to www.gunsnroses.us enter site- propaganda- the blues and you'll hear chris high and clear in the mix ok
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 08:35:54 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2004, 08:46:18 PM »

but when u really think about it, its pretty lame the new band performing the old songs
if they do it on future tours, then it would definately be lqame. But it was for only 1 tour. A tour in which the band just wanted to get out of the studio...

just cause he looks like izzy he got the gig

i have a problem with that
Where did you see that?

guess ive seen the way the old members (who really with 3 members have a more legit right of sayin they are guns n roses) did things, found a band, renamed it, workin their asses off and are successful, compared to axl, who is using the GNR name but that isnt GNR.
Axl and GNR have been doing the same exact thing VR have done and will be doing...the only difference is the whole name thing.

Your making it seem like the red carpet will be rolled out for GNr when they are ready and the world is ready to embrace them. You yourself have doubts about that. SO why is it different? They still have to have music that is as good if not better than the old lineup to be considered a long term success.
We have had the name debate for years now. We all know it will help, especially short term but in the long term it will be because of CD, and how the guys are accepted by the public.

buckethead impressed me with his amazing playing, his style and gimmick were retarded however
If you dont like his style and appearance thats one thing, its your opinion...but to say its a gimmick is not being fair. Thats the guys personailty. Hes fukin weird and out there. DO you really think the whole bucket thing is to sell records? That would be a gimmick. The guy is a whack job but to say hes not tru to himself and his fans is not being fair...
It would be like me saying...o slash's cigarret smoking on stage is a gimmick

If CD comes out and the songs are amazing i will give the new members credit

until then, they are hired employees.
Your saying 2 different things...what you should say is that the new guys still have big shoes to fill and have to prove it before you crown them as good or better than the old band...that would be fair..

what does the whole hired gun thing have to do with that is beyond me

GNR was a life, a soul a breathing machine
it isnt some corporate entity that u can change around and remain the same.

u cant manufacture what something once was.

its like dumping your best friends and tryin to mold complete strangers into what was already there.

maybe its never been done before for a reason?
Maybe it has taken this long because Axl decided that it was best for things to fall into place rather than manufacture and just use the name. Instead of settling on whatever he has made sure that before anything, the band was right. I think that gets way overlooked by many here. If Axl was a real scumbag and dint care he could have released a shitload of albums by now, of all kinds of sounds or whatver, with a zillion players, instead he made sure that he could get a band that has chemistry with him and each other and made sure it was a band effort...

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2004, 08:57:23 PM »

the vr and gnr battle reminds me of the relationship between alternatibe medisin and schoolmedisin hihi

and yeah, it was something about izzy when axl met richard and said it was the right guy...

think it's in the articles somewhere, dunno details, fill in someone peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2004, 10:37:42 PM »

There all "hired guns" helping Axl on his solo project. This Nu-Gnr is not a band at all, there is no communication between them. They pop in every few weeks they say to see how things are going. It's all Axl masterminding the whole thing.

But hey i love what Stinson and Fortus are doing with the band no matter if they are real members or not.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: