Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:40:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Young fans, will they accept GN'R and make them big again?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Young fans, will they accept GN'R and make them big again?  (Read 23615 times)
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2005, 06:42:50 PM »

Well here in Ireland, my brother(16) and his friends and other people younger than me are all into rap and some with the more diverse music collections respect GNR but arent fans. My brother actually said to me one day "turn that shit off" in response to me playing Appetite. So NO to the original question.
? ?

Well, it depends who you ask with that man, I'm 16 and from Ireland just like your bro, and I absolutely adore GnR, it's just to do with taste.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2005, 07:00:23 PM »

When the media starts the hype for the new album the kids will be brainwashed into liking GnR.  That is how the music industry works.  Then the bandwagon effect will take place.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2005, 07:05:52 PM »

When the media starts the hype for the new album the kids will be brainwashed into liking GnR.? That is how the music industry works.? Then the bandwagon effect will take place.

I'm not so sure; in this case there may be as much bad press as good, maybe more...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2005, 07:09:24 PM »

Well here in Ireland, my brother(16) and his friends and other people younger than me are all into rap and some with the more diverse music collections respect GNR but arent fans. My brother actually said to me one day "turn that shit off" in response to me playing Appetite. So NO to the original question.
? ?

Well, it depends who you ask with that man, I'm 16 and from Ireland just like your bro, and I absolutely adore GnR, it's just to do with taste.

Well i suppose it is but the young people i know(my brothers and my friends) dont like them.Where in Ireland you from ?

misterbrownstone
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2005, 07:59:49 PM »

not at all.  they are many young gun fans at my school.  those who aren't may be converted (the emo kids who already like their sad songs).  i'd say Axl and the guys will have what it takes  ok
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2005, 03:08:39 PM »

Where in Ireland you from ?

Dublin, and it's not is if I don't see any people my age liking shit music either, all I'm sayin is you just need to drag the waters a bit.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2005, 08:32:34 AM »

Where in Ireland you from ?

Dublin, and it's not is if I don't see any people my age liking shit music either, all I'm sayin is you just need to drag the waters a bit.

Oh wrong part of the country lad, try a bit further south in the peoplesrepublic youngfella.
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2005, 09:50:57 AM »

At this stage this question is irrelevant, as we have no idea of the quality or style of the songs, wether Axl looks even worse than he did last time (eg, weird eyebrows, semi out of shape and braids that unfort just dont work on a ginger haired guy).

So IMO if the songs rock hard, Axl looks like he did at Rio (though in shape), the kids will def embrace it.

At this stage the relevant question is , will the CD come out, and  for one have lost hope.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2005, 04:15:33 PM »

If GNR comes out the way that they did in 2002, young fans will be mocking them for years to come, regardless of the quality of the music. We may like the nu stuff, but it will barely scratch platinum.
If Axl is anything half as cool as he was when he was 25 years old, he'll reclaim part of his legacy and I believe that this is the most we can hope for at this point.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2005, 09:51:25 PM »

Lads just had the best thing i heard for a long time. This guy is about 12 at the most 14, and his mother is a friend of the family and all that. Anyway was watching 7 days in rio and he walked past the pc and said "ah guns n roses." This was without even seeing the band members or axl or slash. Was amazed i had to ask him again. He said he has appetite and liked GNR. So with all the christmas spirit round the place. The new generation will like GNR.

Anyway Merry christmas to all on the board from Ireland.     
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2005, 10:28:20 PM »

I'm turning 14 next month and I know for sure that the only people that will accept Guns outta the younger generations are those who despise new music and pot-heads (they have a knack for playing guitar and liking older bands). I just happen to hate new music and play guitar. it's all kind of the same though. If you hate newmusic your probably play guitar and if you play guitar there is a 50/50 chance you are a pot-head and pot-heads hate new music. round and round it goes. MTV won't help as much as radio though. it doesnt get as much exposure as you'd think.

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
RichardNixon
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2005, 11:25:37 PM »

If it's a good album, younger people will dig it. I see kids with VR and GN'R shirts nowadays.

In the end though, who cares what a bunch of dorky wannabe pimply-faced poser dorks think anyway. (yes, I was once like you too!)
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2005, 12:05:54 AM »

I think so.  Both my brothers love GNR.  One is 16 and the other is 9.  My 16 year old bro says that he sees people in his school wear the shirts and belt buckles.  That is semi promising.  Though it could be a trend.  Atleast they know of GNR.  Plus, I think rock n roll is on the rise.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2005, 12:41:32 AM »

those who despise new music and pot-heads (they have a knack for playing guitar and liking older bands).

Damn, my cover is blown.. hihi

Although I play bass not guitar and have been a GnR fan for ages.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Goldie
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2005, 06:21:51 AM »

Well, I don't know if Guns will be appreciated by the younger generation like we did, but the younger generation certainly know about them.
On Halloween my 15 year old nephew asked me if I knew of Guns N' Roses. When I rolled around in the gutter laughing at him he said (and I quote) "No, the GROUP!" Like I didn't know!
Then for Christmas he got a Guns N' Roses T-shirt (lucky SOB) I begged him for it and told him I have loved Guns N' Roses longer than he's been alive. He still took the shirt.? Cry
Even thought I don't think Axl thinks GNR is relevent today I think he's wrong.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2005, 06:37:43 AM »

Short of Axl completly coming around and losing the '02 look, GN'R will NEVER be as popular as the old band. Thats just a for sure. They could definitly BE better but.. theyre just way past being "popular" which, isn't a bad thing.

I still think they could sell alot of records thought.. and that Chinese Democracy will rule.

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: