Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Young fans, will they accept GN'R and make them big again?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Young fans, will they accept GN'R and make them big again?  (Read 23611 times)
EM
Banned
Rocker

I am Fred Sanford.

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 08:33:27 PM »

I'm 15 and and alot of my friends like them.

-EM  yes

The real Guns N' Roses- Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven.
rolleri
Headliner

rock n' roll

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003, 12:53:50 PM »

well.. i'm 16 my self and

i do appreciate AFD, UYI'S, GN'R LIES, The Spaghetti Incident?...

i do appreciate Axl, Slash & co

i do appreciate GN'R more than any band.

...nowdays the bands are very probably total crap. it's very worrying to see that there are no (well, very few!) new hardrock bands born in late 90's and especially after 2000. All the hard rockers will soon be too old to play properly, that's a shame!

Gn'f'n'R's
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2003, 01:02:53 PM »

1) I want to know who is a teenager here who didn't know the old band.
2) do you think the new GN'R will be popular in the new generation?
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2003, 01:19:44 AM »

I think you will have to save that first question until CD is released.  I think we will have quite a few who will know nothing of the old band.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 03:32:41 AM »

Axl did his homework. The new band is too cool image wise, and they are also super talented.  They're gonna appeal to everyone if the music is good, and we know the music is good.  The younger generation will eat this shit up.  There is no band cooler, more talented, or better material wise than the new GNR, right now.  That is the truth.  Once people get exposed, it doesn't matter who they are, they're gonna dig this band.
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2003, 10:47:53 PM »

He has all those punk-wannabees and all the other kind of poseurs attention when Chinese Democracy comes out.  All the poseurs will just buy it to be cool.  A guy in my school(im in high school) dressed up as Slash for Halloween.  I'm sure once GNR is cool again, theyll be accepted but the meaning to the songs will blow right over their pathetic heads.  For all the "ghetto" kids, gnr would need to be seen as buddies with some hot shot rapper to be accepted.

A.L.R.

Do you go to INglemoor in Wasington.  Im 16 and I was Slash for Halloween.  Alot of people at my school accept Gn'R's musical talent, but don't really like the songs.  My friends listen to new butt rock (New Found Glory and that crap), but I will catch them listening to Gn'R classics like Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle from time to time.

ok

Slashisthebest

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2003, 12:25:22 PM »

It all depends on the new material. That is why this band has a chance to succede or fail based on their own material and not the past. As much as the internet community thinks they are the only market for gnr they are wrong. A kid in boise idaho doesnt care about the old lineup. So what will make him liek this band is the new material that is released. If it rocks then gnr will have a chance to rule the world again. If gnf fans just like it then it will have little pop success. The material has to appeal to a lot more peopel than gnr fans. Because we do not make up the music population.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
A.L.R.
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2003, 03:05:41 PM »

A guy in my school(im in high school) dressed up as Slash for Halloween.  
A.L.R.

Do you go to INglemoor in Wasington.  Im 16 and I was Slash for Halloween.

Slashisthebest

Nope, new jersey but good to hear anyway.

ehhh elllll errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GNRisAFD
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2003, 06:35:04 AM »

I'd be more worried about the older generation accepting this band.
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2004, 02:48:12 PM »

I'd be more worried about the older generation accepting this band.

Huh What do you mean by that?Huh

Kids these days don't appreciate good music- only a rare few do!
Luckily i'm in that rare few!!!!!  beer

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2004, 11:40:13 PM »

Yes they will accept Guns N' Roses, Why not. They accept older bands like Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rolling Stones and more.  

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
jet
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2004, 11:09:44 AM »

if you mean my 3 years old neighbour - then I guess yes. For us it's hard to take this new band 'cause we know what was it before. For the younger generation GNR is (will be) something new. No memories, dreams ,sorrows... Yeah, they will accept that.
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2004, 11:43:45 AM »

Axl's got it nailed in Guns N' Roses, he has all the cool images of today.

He's got himself: the link with the old guys, but with an updated image and 'cool' hairstyle. He's got the punk rocker (and this guy really is a proper punk rocker) in Tommy Stinson (just as Duff was before). He's got the goth dude in Finck. He's got Dizzy, with the alt-rock-rasta-haired look going on. Richard Fortus is the modern, trendy rock guitarist. Brain is the nu-metal link. Buckethead is the weirdo who expresses himself (a VERY popular thing to do).

You can't mean to tell me that this was all by chance.  Wink

And it all helps to push the image to the kids down below who will be (hopefully) buying this stuff as the target audience. Because really, this is the only way that Axl as a guy over 40 can look relevant to hyper-modern-MTV-bullshit music.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Slashisthebest
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2004, 05:53:05 PM »

I just  burned all of my GNr material on to some CDs for my friend who listens to New Found Glry and all of that crap.  Gnr is his new fav band!  I am converting people to good music, hahahahaha

Slashisthebest

yanks1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2004, 09:59:26 PM »

I'm 19, so I guess technically not in the younger generation you guys are talking about, and I personally hate this so-called "rock" today. The grunge/punk, and alternative stuff all sounds the same and blends together no matter what group is performing it. I think we're at the point as it was in the late 80's, all the watered down music is going to die when a TRUE rock band comes along like GnR. GnR is the best band I've ever heard and I truly hope that someone will at least attempt to get out of this monotony and play some old-school hard rock. So to answer your question, if the new Guns n Roses sticks with the classic roots, I think this generation will accept them in time.
Slashisthebest
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2004, 06:08:11 PM »

At the moment, I am tring to come up with some good, hard riffs and lyrics worthy of being called hard rock.  I am trying to start a band in the Seattle area, but it is hard to find people how want to play GNR type material.  I really want to being the heavyness and danger back into rock but is harder than it looks or sounds.  I also hate almost all new music.  I like the Darkness, the new Incubus CD (its prettyn hard from the one or two tracks i've heard), and I like the Foo Fighter.  Any way I havent posted in a while, I was on vactaion and have had a lot of homework.  A lot of people at my school listen to new stuff but one by one I am converting them all by either playing GNR stuff for them on my CD player or on Guitar.

Later,

Slashisthebest

P.S.  

Does anyone have a full length studio recording of Slither by Velvet Revolver yet?  I only have the live version and I also have the short studio clip.  Email me if you have it or want to trade.

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2004, 03:57:22 PM »

This will sound weird coming from a 19 year old,but the vast majority of people my age are complete morons musically speaking.They listen to whatever is "cool" at the time,so practically to what MTV feeds them.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2004, 04:45:48 PM »

I wanted to ask if you thought it would be the fans who didn't get to see old guns play that will make the new guns big? I ask this because I have checked a few page threads over the year and most seem to be teenagers on all the forums..

Forums have about 4000- 6000 members(bigger forums), and alot of them are the same people from each just registering around and I'm sure some have duplicate usernames..

I just threw that in there, the average seems about 17yrs old..

I know alot of older people don't get into the music the same anymore, I loved alot of great groups over the years from the late 80's on, but I don't want to buy their records now..

Say metallica , poison, motley crue, skid row, van halen, etc released new albums, I wouldn't run out to buy them, but I would have picked them up ten years ago... Could this have the same affect with new gnr, afterall alot of older groups sales have declined..

I guess the younger generation will need to carry new gnr the same way the people my age ran out and bought the gnr albums when they came out..
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2004, 05:17:42 PM »

I hope it's a varitey of us Gunner young or mid aged.
I just wouldn't like it if the kids that think Simple Plan is hot now,grab on to GN'R....But I don't think it will end up that way.

As long as the album is good,I don't care.....The music is important to me,and if it don't sell tons,then oh well as I don't expcet it too.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2004, 07:07:40 PM »

Say metallica , poison, motley crue, skid row, van halen, etc released new albums, I wouldn't run out to buy them, but I would have picked them up ten years ago... Could this have the same affect with new gnr, afterall alot of older groups sales have declined..

you dont buy the new stuff n' wonder why sales are declined hihi
Today it's all about MTV n' all that fag shit, the younger people, fuckin' teenagers who buy the singles n' make the top 50 the way it is, todays scene is so unfair n' so trend setting, it's fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Chinese Democracy is no. 1 n' destroys everything in it's path, not only IMO is it a success but it will change of whats todays thing on MTV, some no. 1 fuck always comes along n' changes the trends, JET has had a big impact on the rock scene (they thanked The Vines for for doing so on the Areas) n' has helped alot. I think the new one is gonna do just that.
Im gettin' carried away here, dont know how to really answer your question, it all adds up i guess. peace

By the way dude, if you dont run out to buy those bands new albums, what do you buy then Huh

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: