Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy update
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy update  (Read 25126 times)
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2005, 06:19:31 AM »

[GNR news: ull have to wait Tommy] it means that u have to wait for Tommy to tell the gnr news if there any
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2005, 06:47:40 AM »

You forgot Superbowl!

/jarmo
That cant happen in 2006. The lineup has already been announced.

Ever heard of the term "surprise guest"?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2005, 07:40:23 AM »

You forgot Superbowl!

/jarmo
That cant happen in 2006. The lineup has already been announced.

Ever heard of the term "surprise guest"?? hihi

/jarmo
After seeing Janet Jackson's tit, there will be no surprises. hihi

rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2005, 01:06:37 PM »

"Yeah, and that's why mr. Richard Fortus had to cover his face with a mask and a bucket in all Nena's gigs, videos and whatever, huh?"

Nena= solo astist
Asylym = Band

A big difference ... Maybe Tommy is only a visitor in official promo shots.
Maybe not. The question is that how long they are going be loyal? If 2-3 years go by,
how many left? Maybe just one...
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2005, 02:33:39 PM »

About Tommy having his picture taken with Soul Asylum... Back in 1995, Oasis had to hire a stand-in bass player for like three weeks : in those three weeks, they shot the video for Wonderwall and the stand-in was in it, which turned out to be no big deal...
Evolution
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2005, 02:49:06 PM »

About Tommy having his picture taken with Soul Asylum... Back in 1995, Oasis had to hire a stand-in bass player for like three weeks : in those three weeks, they shot the video for Wonderwall and the stand-in was in it, which turned out to be no big deal...

Paid for 3 weeks work, and be in one of the most played videos of the 90's. Not bad.
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2005, 03:09:57 PM »

"About Tommy having his picture taken with Soul Asylum... Back in 1995, Oasis had to hire a stand-in bass player for like three weeks : in those three weeks, they shot the video for Wonderwall and the stand-in was in it, which turned out to be no big deal..."

That guy was not in GNR at the time. Different.
I think it?s time to release CD.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2005, 03:20:49 PM »

Paid for 3 weeks work, and be in one of the most played videos of the 90's. Not bad.

Yea but it kind of shows how cheap Oasis were. A stand in for the video?
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2005, 02:51:40 AM »

Sorry if this is getting off topic : it was not only for the video, the guy played a handful of shows with them as well. Anyway, in the 10 years since TSI? was released, Oasis released 5 studio albums, an amazing b-sides compilation, a live album and countless DVDs, and they've toured. That's the kind of cheap band I'm grateful for.
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2005, 03:57:33 PM »

Stinson is out of what? Guys...we havent heard a peep in years from Mr. Rose. Comments/Emails from other members say, I dont know when anything is going to be released? It sounds amazing...

Hey, If AXl was sending me a check every month to keep me on retainer and expecting nothing in return....I would say "the shit sounds amazing" and do whateverelse I normally do.

I do think it wierd that Stinson is taking band promo pics...while the GnR faithful think a release is always a few months a way.

We have a winner!!!!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2005, 04:41:23 PM »

Yea but it kind of shows how cheap Oasis were. A stand in for the video?

Lots of bands have done this.  Type O Negative did the same thing with a stand-in drummer for the video "Christian Woman".  His name was Eric Estrada (not the CHIPS actor Eric Estrada).

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2005, 03:13:58 AM »

Can you show a picture of him or a link?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2005, 06:11:42 AM »

Wait until Rock in Rio/next spring/summer for final conclusions.
If NOTHING happens, then it will be over. We aren't yet in may or june'06, so let's wait.
Good point Nes! beer I feel the same.

Yep I tend to feel the same.. that the period could be the next real opening for GN'R. I'm hoping for something around that time too.
Yeah, the window of opportunity is quickly closing for new GNR. Rio is pretty much the last chance to jump through the window before its slammed shut.

After RIR4 will be out of the picture, some fans will be talking about RIR5. And then RIR6. And so on...

It's one of those magical dates that make some people believe CD'll happen, like 'Thansgiving is good for a release', 'It'll be out by Christmas', 'May sounds good', 'A summer release is very likely', 'VMA's surprise guest will be GN'R'.

I almost forgot the 'secret New Year's Eve show'? hihi

well  RIR4 is out of the picture allready..... (we would have seen a nice proshot i guess... Cry)

and when paul tobias stops posting here it`s time for all of us to give up i guess.... or don`t you think he still has contacts in the gnr camp?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2005, 04:38:16 PM »

well  RIR4 is out of the picture allready..... (we would have seen a nice proshot i guess... Cry)

Which is a goddamn shame. Would've been the first since, well, RIR3.

and when paul tobias stops posting here it`s time for all of us to give up i guess.... or don`t you think he still has contacts in the gnr camp?

Look no further for the truth... "Industry sources state that Tobias continues to work on Axl's Chinese Democracy record, although he was officially replaced by Richard Fortus as a member of the band in 2002."

Wanna comment this anonymous fax which was sent to the Wikipedia staff, Paul?  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
RichardNixon
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2005, 06:53:24 PM »

why cant gnr play rir4
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2005, 08:07:37 PM »

I dunno, maybe because RIR4 went down nearly 1? years ago?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
RichardNixon
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2005, 10:22:02 PM »

I was confusing that with RIR5, my bad.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: