Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:18:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy update
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy update  (Read 25125 times)
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 10:53:53 AM »

Also if you check out soulasylum.com you'll see the new band promo shot with Tommy in it.

If anybody would've bothered to visit soulasylum.com, it would've turned out to be the same single photo that's been used to market Soul Asylum's gigs with Tommy. Its purpose is to introduce the lineup that's going play at the venue, so I think it's justifiable for Tommy to step in to do one promo shot.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
conny
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 11:44:30 AM »

Tommy's in GN'R for a couple of years now.

Not a single promo shot with GN'R.

Not even for the 2002 tour.

Now a few shows with Soul Asyloum, stepping in... = promo shots?  Huh

Hm...  Undecided
RichardNixon
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2005, 11:49:22 AM »

I don't think GN'R has done an entire band promo shot since 1991!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2005, 12:29:51 PM »

Typical non-newsworthy news item. Doesn't look good though. Tommy has established a fall back if Axl hiberates this project further.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2005, 12:53:23 PM »

Just a little Tommy mention in Sunday's Minneapolis Star Tribune about SA's upcoming show on Friday.? There's also a large new picture of Tommy jamming with Pirner that I assume was taken during the groups first show at 1st Ave a couple months ago:

Soul Asylum
Friday:? What a year it's been for Minneapolis' most successful rock band of all time.? It finished its first album since 1998 (due mid-2006) and then lost bassist/brother Karl Mueller to cancer in June.? Just as co-founders Dan Murphy and Dave Pirner started picking up the pieces, Pirner lost his home in New Orleans to Katrina.? With a solidified new lineup featuring bassist Tommy Stinson (ex-Replacements) and drummer Michael Bland (ex-Prince), the guys have the means and excuses to blow off some steam and have some fun before the holidays. (7 p.m. Fri., First Avenue, 701 1st Av. N., Mpls. $16-$18. 612-338-8388.)

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

Typical non-newsworthy news item. Doesn't look good though. Tommy has established a fall back if Axl hiberates this project further.

Exactly what Vector said, if Axl continues to delay, its really no skin off Tommy's nose as he has SA to fall back on if need be.

I think we need to take the statement for all its worth, and that Tommy will update us cryptically or otherwise on the GnR front after the holidays or as soon as possible Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2005, 01:48:14 PM »

I said previously  that the benchmark of whether this band is about to make it or implode finally would be when we know what's going on with Tommy in the New Year---looks like I was right.

Best Case Scenario: Tommy's been busy with Guns b/w his gigs with SA and will say that guns will be active in 06.

Worst Case Scenrario: Tommy is quitting GnR once and for all---which means for all intents and purposes-the New GnR is dead.

I imagine if Tommy is quitting, then he'll handle it much better than when BH left-and be totally honest and upfront about it. At least this wait shouldnt be as long....... Undecided

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »

I don't think Tommy is quitting the band. Otherwise, he wouldn't ask for waiting for something.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2005, 03:10:40 PM »

I don't think Tommy is quitting the band.

Same here, but if a worst case scenario comes true and he does leave, I want it to be announced immediately and without a wait, for a proper sense of closure, because if Tommy goes it's likely that it's the end of the road for CD.
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2005, 03:12:59 PM »

what we are waiting for is the SA tour to end......he grew up with those guys....he was in the replacements when he was 14 i think he basicaly is saying after the SA tour then i will worry about GNR

It Tastes Good Don't It?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2005, 03:21:09 PM »

I don't think Tommy is quitting the band. Otherwise, he wouldn't ask for waiting for something.

I also think youre right...

If it was bad news, I guess the webmaster had called it The GNR situations...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2005, 03:36:01 PM »

i very much doubt tommy is quiting the band...

Chinese Democracy!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2005, 04:25:40 PM »

he won`t quit gnr. you just can`t make the fans hoping for a '06 release and than quit the band (even before '06). i think soul asylum is for tommy similar as nena for richard. a job and a way to spend his time....? ? ? if tommy will quit gnr in late '06 if nothing had happened is another question.... but i don`t think so...

we have to take this for what it`s worth......no news except tommy is busy at the moment...and this could mean a lot. we read to much between the lines at the moment. we need a statement from axl......... beer
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 04:27:11 PM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 05:23:08 PM »

Tommy is quitting GnR once and for all---which means for all intents and purposes-the New GnR is dead

I don't think he is leaving, but even if he did, it wouldn't really matter. Axl has shown in the past no one is bigger than the band, and that he has no problem moving on without someone.

If the band can get passed Slash/Duff leaving, I am pretty sure it could handle not having Tommy Stinson anymore. If he did leave and the album was ever actually released, he would just have another bassist cover Tommy's stuff. Not like he's never done it before.

As we are reminded of constantly on this board. Axl is GNR, everything/everyone else is just background noise.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005, 05:42:31 PM »

I find it funny that we have become so desprite for news that even a few vauge words get us all excited. It's kind of sad really that being a gnr fan has come to this. But I don't think this really means that when Tommy updates his site he is really going to give us concrete details about what is going on. After all this time of waiting, the announcement of an album release date or tour dates is not going to be made on Tommy's site, it will be done officially with a press release from Axl. Tommy's update, if it is good news, will probably just be something along the lines of, "I've been busy with gnr for the past little while, expect an announement in the near future."
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2005, 05:43:35 PM »

Tommy is quitting GnR once and for all---which means for all intents and purposes-the New GnR is dead

I don't think he is leaving, but even if he did, it wouldn't really matter. Axl has shown in the past no one is bigger than the band, and that he has no problem moving on without someone.

If the band can get passed Slash/Duff leaving, I am pretty sure it could handle not having Tommy Stinson anymore. If he did leave and the album was ever actually released, he would just have another bassist cover Tommy's stuff. Not like he's never done it before.

As we are reminded of constantly on this board. Axl is GNR, everything/everyone else is just background noise.

that may well be the case, but re-recording the bass parts would give Axl another opportunity to tinker and change things and would no doubt lead to another lengthy delay

In saying that, bass parts are genereally easier to record and the bass in some cases (not all) is not as discernible an instrument as the guitar, specifically BH's parts which one would imagine are very hard to duplicate or replace

Hence, I hope they stay (BHs guitar parts)

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2005, 05:44:30 PM »

I've been waiting for years hihi
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2005, 05:56:42 PM »

he won`t quit gnr. you just can`t make the fans hoping for a '06 release and than quit the band (even before '06). i think soul asylum is for tommy similar as nena for richard. a job and a way to spend his time....? ? ? if tommy will quit gnr in late '06 if nothing had happened is another question.... but i don`t think so...

we have to take this for what it`s worth......no news except tommy is busy at the moment...and this could mean a lot. we read to much between the lines at the moment. we need a statement from axl......... beer

his quitting wouldn't be a Soul Asylum Vs GnR kind of decision.
It would be hard evidence that Chinese Democracy is nowhere in sight, the new GnR is not a functioning unit, and that possibly his contract with axl is up and he's done waiting around.
I have no idea if that's what's true (and I still think it will be good news) but with what's happened the past 3 years (virtually nothing) I wouldn't be at all surprised.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2005, 06:11:04 PM »

I hope tommy does whatever is good for him, Lord knows he has waitied patiently and looked like an idiot at times saying cd would hit soon..
RichardNixon
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »

Fellas, let's not put the horse infront of the carrage just yet. Maybe this all means nothing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: